[3.6] Death's Oath Trickster - ALL CONTENT | Tanky | Budget | Fast Clear | Lag-Free

Currently I am clearing nearly everything, having no real struggles with maps (except certain bosses), but I am somehow struggling with defences.I've tried killing hydra and the vaal temple guys and didnt manage to survive more than ~10 seconds at all. Nearly everything seemed to be a oneshot for me. (Could have been the map mods, that's what my guess is.)
What would you guys change in order to rise tankyness?
My Gear:
Spoiler

Btw. I am really enjoying the build overall! :)
I tried using the jeweler method and ended up getting 3g2b. What would you suggest for the 3rd support? I guess if it's useless I could always go back and try it for a 3rd blue socket again...
"
Romeo345 wrote:
I tried using the jeweler method and ended up getting 3g2b. What would you suggest for the 3rd support? I guess if it's useless I could always go back and try it for a 3rd blue socket again...

The problem with 3g sockets on death's oath is that there are only 2 green gems that can even support the death aura due to the tags on the skill. Void Manipulation and Swift Affliction (swift affliction will only support it so long as you use the arcane surge support which adds the 'duration' tag to death aura).

Basically the reason such a specific coloring is used for the item is simply because there aren't that many gems that can support it.
TL;DR:
Vaal Blight in a 4-link rare gloves is probably a good crutch (and makes us tankier).

If you get the cool Temple of Atzoatl enchantments, prioritize your gems as follows:
Enhance > Temp Chains > Despair > Blasphemy > Damage gems (controlled destruction, swift affliction etc.) > Everything else

For high level temples, upgrade the hatchery for an easy time.

Updates!

"
mschobi680 wrote:
Hi,

i am trying your build atm, seems pretty good and a lot of fun so far. i am just wondering why you don't use a forbidden taste as a life flask? is there a reason for it? i mean with all that chaos resistance that flask should be pretty good. Also i think atziri'S promise could be an option, gives you chaos res, and life leech (actually i'm not sure if the ll will work with death aura, goin to check that asap)

Anyways, fun build, good guide with lots of details. GJ

Atziri's Promise provides leech on chaos damage, but we can only leech on hits. Blight and Death's Oath only offer Damage over Time effects, which cannot leech. I had the same thoughts occur to me while gearing, and if there was a way to leech off DoT we would be OP as heck.

Forbidden Taste is nice, but the life flask is really just to deal with big hits and Corrupting Blood (or the bleed from Atziri/Atziri Trio). Losing a magic flask suffix for some extra Life isn't worth it IMO; we regain most of our life pool from Patient Reaper anyways.

"
Yarkov wrote:
Hi, I've little question: Why you don't use Eber's Unification. It should help stacking damage.

10% chaos penetration and some armour is nice, but we're losing a lot of resistances and life by giving up the helmet slot. I'm sure it could easily be fit in, but this also opens up the possibility for helms like Alpha's Howl (for our blasphemies), Mask of the Spirit Drinker, Lightpoacher, The Gull, or Gorgon's Gaze (pls don't). A matter of preference, but life is niiiiice.

"
NifesNforks wrote:
In the unique section you mention using two Spreading Rot jewels but in the level 100 passive tree I only see one jewel spot where there's 40 intelligence nearby to trigger the jewel. Am I blind or are you only supposed to use one?

Pretty neat build works pretty well for me now that I have my Death's Oath equipped. Leveling was the worst though and I never want to level with chaos damage ever again.

The 40 intelligence in nearby radius does not need to be allocated to affect the threshold. This lets us use the jewel sockets closest to Quick Recovery and Melding.

"
Nikola__Tesla wrote:
Can I use 24+lvl Unearth + Bubonic Trail against solo target? Or is pure Blight more effective?

Bubonic Trail isn't the highest damage, and requires giving up an active skill to socket 3 supports to maximize its effectiveness. Adding to this, it deals Fire damage, while we scale with Chaoss (although we benefit from %increased area damage). I've yet to find a viable alternative to pure blight for single target (although blight + a single essence drain might be fun).

"
KazuyaRRR wrote:
For one, why did you take those Aura-nodes like Charisma? DO they buff the Death Aura? I know it has Aura in the name but it didnt actually change the value of the tooltip-DPS so I am unsure?

Can you post the tooltip-dps for your Death Aura (maybe in one of the older characters) for reference? I just wanna see when I am good.

I am excited to see how this build is gonna pan out. Currently 81 and decent gear but not feeling totally confident yet

edit:

Also, do you maybe know which gems I should prioritize getting to 21 or getting quality on? Not entirely sure where quality even affects Death Aura

Death Aura tooltip DPS sits around 11k on my current characters (BSC and whatever the league before that was). This is without Concentrated Effect, and full-tank setup. To clarify: when you mouse over the death aura in your skills menu, NOT a tooltip associated with an active skill. You're honestly fine after about 5-6k tooltip; never trust the tooltips for damage over time builds.

As for 21/20 and 20/23 gems, your curse setup is the absolute highest priority. 21/23 temporal chains, blasphemy, and despair is a wet dream for this build, giving us something like 55% slow (this is nutty).

Yes, the "Increased Aura effectiveness" nodes on the skill tree affect Death's Oath, in addition to the other auras we run. It's a lot of value we can't get from gear.

"
Kraeoss wrote:
Playing around with the trickster this time and the only thing i miss from the occultist is the explosions from Malediction. however i ditched the Alleopathy for a regular vaal blight with VM+Eff+SA and so far it's better than the glove imo. only thing better would be if there was a vaal blight alleopathy.

One of the things I intended to try in ISC after I hit 36 challenges, in fact. This is probably a better alternative for people once they have a proper 5/6 colour Death's Oath; Vaal Blight and the added life from gloves (plus any shaper/elder mods, and bonus resistances) probably outweight the bonus damage over time on the Allelopathy gloves.

Do keep in mind that the increased Vaal Soul requirement means we lose even more uptime on Vaal Grace (which is still 50+% chance to avoid all damage, thats spicy!)
How effective do you guys find Bubonic Trail?

I've been considering swapping this Bubonic Trail for a Windshriek
for a third curse (Enfeeble) to make my build tankier.

By the way, loving the build so far.
Here's my other gear.
Ended up getting a Hungry Loop for a 5-link ED + Allelopathy for boss killing.
Spoiler

Looking for small ways to tweak my build to increase damage and tankiness.
So far having a lot of fun with this build, my goal is to get to t10's and just shield charge through maps and have everything die instantly. At what point does deaths oath instantly kill mobs?

Spoiler

Current gear

I plan on getting an enhance soon, an maybe rerolling my helm once I get enough scour chance

I was also lucky enough 2 get 2 corrupted blight jewels with no corrupted blood mod, and no silence mod.

I am also hoping to get a corrupted breath of the council with aoe mod once the rest of m gear is finished.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
I played Occultist Death's Oath previous league and really enjoyed it. I gave a try to Trickster Death's Oath in Incursion. Below is the character I came up with:

Spoiler

2nd Weapon Set-up

As you can see below, I use "+2 Level to Socketed AoE Gems" Death's Oath to buff our 2 AoE gems in our chest

I got a belt with Abyssal Cry

...and corrupted Impresence with level 21 Clarity

Defensive Stats can be seen below for 2 different shield set-ups

Stats with Magna Eclipsis:

Stats with a rare shield: Chaos resistance reached out to 62
I got all gear, but it isnt really tanky. If someone can check my gear, can explain, whats wrong?
Last edited by Glofik on Jun 22, 2018, 1:31:29 PM
"
Glofik wrote:
I got all gear, but it isnt really tanky. If someone can check my gear, can explain, whats wrong?

Your gear checks out, honestly (T3-4 life rolls on belt and rings aside, but this is a small difference overall). My best bet is that you've yet to quality those gems. Temporal chains will slow more at level 1, 20% quality than at level 20, 0% quality.

Also consider that low-density maps feel more dangerous because big boys (read: Uniques, Rares, and annoying bases like Kitava's Heralds) will actually deal damage to us, and we don't instantly heal back to full by killing packs.

Or push your abyssal cry button a lot. Like, a lot a lot.
Hello guys,i have a problem-I have to slow damage for a single target(bosses).What can u advice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info