nerf DD? When?

"
It doesn't seem unreasonable to at least limit the cast range to on screen.

according to SC players here it's fine to mobs off screen you, it's 'part of the game'

they also ask to to nerf projectile travel speed so we can't off screen mobs anymore.

In other words: You can die to a monster that you can't see and you can't hit. According to "pro SC" players here this is fine.

oh, right.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 26, 2018, 12:17:04 AM
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
That's why I think its such a broken mechanic - we are supposed to avoid dangerous situations if we are skilled to.

Why we need a new skill. A kinda skill than can consume corpses, to make DD less dangerous. Maybe a totem, something you can drop and it just consumes corpses. Maybe let it heal you as well.

So there is counterplay
"
Rafein wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
That's why I think its such a broken mechanic - we are supposed to avoid dangerous situations if we are skilled to.

Why we need a new skill. A kinda skill than can consume corpses, to make DD less dangerous. Maybe a totem, something you can drop and it just consumes corpses. Maybe let it heal you as well.

So there is counterplay

That's the least practical method of counter play with regards to detonate dead.

Best counter play:
1) avoid high hp bodies (bosses etc.)
2) Shatter enemies with cold damage.
3) Explode enemies with ignite on kill (Pyre's ring).
4) Shoot projectiles off screen killing targets capable of detonate dead (Totems etc..)
5) Increase maximum fire resistance, stack fire resist.
6) Wear items that convert fire damage to other elements/chaos if you lack items to stack fire.

----- Less Practical method ------
7) Use devouring totem, detonate dead, spell totem detonate dead...

Still doesn't change the fact that dying off screen is a bit ridiculous with an ability that doesn't have much warning. I personally don't believe it needs more warning than being able to see the enemy on screen.
Last edited by GoddessUnleashed on May 26, 2018, 9:25:45 AM
Getting DD off screen have 0 counter play how about make the same mechanic like volatile
Last edited by SeventhArchon229 on May 26, 2018, 9:28:21 AM
VD should not be a forced method to face off screen enemies. It's also ridiculous to assume you will destroy all corpses against an off screen enemy.

*edit ~_~ I completely misunderstood you I think.
Last edited by GoddessUnleashed on May 26, 2018, 2:04:24 PM
"
Rafein wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:

So there is counterplay

the problem is we're killing 1k+ mobs every single map we run, up to 10k-100k in few min-hours.

You can't expect to efficiently destroy all this corpses all the time, soon or later DD will get you.

I don't think DD should be removed from the game, just asking for some kind of warning or animation so we can avoid it if we are paying attention. That's the point.

Just like bears or volatile, also very very rip, but atleast we can run from them.
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
ohh my god i wasn't looking...he says

Not QQ detonate dead so OP.

Pay attention, problem solved (that includes totems as a map mod, you know they are there you know they can have DD kill them)

That remember me that shitty flameblood thing and devourer instant kill.
People where saying the exact same shit.

DD and the stupid multi chaos projectile with insane amount of damage at enemy death need a serious rework.
LoL they did it but …

The "detonates nearby corpses" mod on strongboxes will now detonate corpses more quickly.
All versions of Alira now have a shorter cast time for her Detonate Dead.
The cast time on Bameth, Shifting Darkness's Detonate Dead has been lowered.

.. the opposite
Last edited by Rakiii on May 30, 2018, 7:49:54 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
LoL they did it but …

The "detonates nearby corpses" mod on strongboxes will now detonate corpses more quickly.
All versions of Alira now have a shorter cast time for her Detonate Dead.
The cast time on Bameth, Shifting Darkness's Detonate Dead has been lowered.

.. the opposite

It was exactly what I was talking about.

The answer for this thread went on 3.3 patch notes.

It is all right the caster being more quickly, if we have a visual effect. Atleast we can run from it, and not be 1shotted by some off screen totem. That's what I'm hoping for, let's see what they did and how this animations is. DD mechanics needed a rework for years, I'm not the only one asking for it.
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 30, 2018, 8:03:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info