nerf DD? When?

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
ohh my god i wasn't looking...he says

Not QQ detonate dead so OP.

Pay attention, problem solved (that includes totems as a map mod, you know they are there you know they can have DD kill them)

DD is not always a "pay attention stupid" and you can avoid it:

91 Slayer Rank 10 RIP - Detonate Dead Totem Offscreen (Death Breakdown) 2WK Race

Even top players are killed by offscreen DD bullshit shenanigans and this video shows just how bad DD is. So the OP has a right to complain (we all do) to GGG. It took GGG nearly forever to change Volatile mechanics so we can see them coming up and get a fraction of a second to move out of harms way. Same thing needs to be done with DD.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 24, 2018, 7:41:57 PM
Again - it's okay for a zone to say "HERE THERE BE BULLSHIT" and then be able to blast you with little warning. You still had warning - you knew when you opened the zone up that it was equipped to potentially go ham on you. it's not Grinding Gear's fault that folks will object to literally anything that stands any chance of killing them.

I laid out my reasoning why Detonate Dead is cool in my book in my last post. Anyone care to share their reasoning why one of the absolute last things stopping Kinetic Blast cheese and other warp clear builds from just overrunning the game completely should be removed?
I've seen level 84 solar guards on my necro summoner get insta-killed by DD. And they can just about face tank anything. DD is one of only a handful of things that can kill solar guards. Solar guards are way tankier than 99% of players after they nerfed insta-leech. You'd need to be path of life nodes + kaom's heart, max block, and overcap resists to out tank solar guards + a decent amount of leech. But DD insta-kills those players too.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on May 24, 2018, 7:54:45 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Pay attention, problem solved (that includes totems as a map mod, you know they are there you know they can have DD kill them)

91 Slayer Rank 10 RIP - Detonate Dead Totem Offscreen (Death Breakdown) 2WK Race

Even top players are killed by offscreen DD bullshit shenanigans and this video shows just how bad DD is. So the OP has a right to complain (we all do) to GGG. It took GGG nearly forever to change Volatile mechanics so we can see them coming up and get a fraction of a second to move out of harms way. Same thing needs to be done with DD.

Countless deaths like this.

Wait a second, we can't off screen mobs but DD totems and beyond mobs can off screen us with 1 shot?

Oh right, balanced.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

This is actually very interesting BS presented by GGG. Those fu...king totems has huge range. This is one of the tricks from GGG to kill you. Absolutely unfair and ridiculous.
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

This is actually very interesting BS presented by GGG. Those fu...king totems has huge range. This is one of the tricks from GGG to kill you. Absolutely unfair and ridiculous.

That's why I made this thread.

Off screen mobs one shotting you it's a disaster - unfair - broken mechanic.

But oh well, SC players went here to say "logout macro". Ok, I never expect from lvl 80 SC players to understand anything about this game anyway.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 24, 2018, 9:07:23 PM
Play around the mechanics (by not playing PoE at all). It's the only way to avoid the non-skill based difficulty in this game.
This game is not supposed to be just hold mouse button down and go. You're supposed to check out enemies. I'm still pissed at power creep and volatile dead nerfs. Makes game feel too arcade like instead of ARPGish with choices and decisions in combat.

Some monsters most people shouldnt even be able to fight. I guess thats why I liked pre nerf Invasion the best.

Oh well different demographics have infested POE now probably D3 folks want it to be D3.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 25, 2018, 1:26:05 AM
I agree that totem off-screen DD can be stupid.
And yeah, that unique beyonder with Vaal-DD can be a pain - but you know he's there and that him spawning means to get away from the corpses.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Stop being so selfish and think of the streamers.

Sorry, I'm old. Streamers just don't have a permanent place in my brain. Will try not to forget about them next time. :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info