[3.6] Low Life Arc Mines | Uber Elder

How is Low Life for hardcore compared to the regular builds of Arc mines?
"
iCherishMeli wrote:
How is Low Life for hardcore compared to the regular builds of Arc mines?
Several items are more expensive in hardcore, such as the Shavs, Presence of Chayula, and Clarity Watcher's Eye. If you die, you'll lose more wealth than if you ripped a budget life-based miner.

If you want to play low life arc mines in hardcore, there are a few changes I would suggest. Level as Mind over Matter for the extra HP. You'll have to spend more respec points to go low life, but it reduces the risk of dying while leveling. Added Cold Damage + Increased Critical Strikes should be the default gem setup so you aren't caught off guard by a stray pack of porcupines. Energy From Within is no longer optional. Try to get Fortify (the Vigil is an option if you don't want to Shield Charge). And if you're running lower level content where you have plenty of damage, you could change Wrath to a defensive Blasphemy / Purity / Arctic Armour for extra safety.
How capable is the Hybrid version? I've had bad experiences with Hybrid setups just getting melted around yellow tier maps due to mob scaling.
How is it compare to Windz LL version Arc/GC? Just Arc for maps and GC for hard bosses.
"
Deshy wrote:
How capable is the Hybrid version? I've had bad experiences with Hybrid setups just getting melted around yellow tier maps due to mob scaling.
I think it's pretty decent. The Sorrow of the Divine flask is useful for regenerating energy shield while still being able to regenerate life. You're a little weak to chaos damage until you get a Shavs, but if you get chaos resistance on a couple pieces of gear you should be good. If you strongly dislike hybrid, you can level as Mind over Matter, but the respec to low life is a little more costly. Either way, you should have enough damage to blast through yellow maps without needing to tank too many hits.

"
omgree wrote:
How is it compare to Windz LL version Arc/GC? Just Arc for maps and GC for hard bosses.
I guess you could switch to Glacial Cascade for bosses if you wanted to, but Arc already does plenty of damage so I've never felt the need.
Can a lightning spire setup be added or is their no need for it? If yes, what would be the gem setup?
"
crispyexcal wrote:
Can a lightning spire setup be added or is their no need for it? If yes, what would be the gem setup?
You don't really need the extra damage and it's hard to find spare sockets. It can be a nice single target boost while leveling. Trap and Mine Damage, Lightning Penetration, and Elemental Focus seem like the best links. If you want to use it in the endgame, you could try crafting a pair of shaped gloves, which can have socketed gems supported by Faster Casting, Trap and Mine Damage, or Advanced Traps.
Just found this on Reddit, thought I'd show it to you and see what you think.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1otiRTGHZZEAFNv20s22oLpcrOnYffJgGeB8gUP_bqec/preview?slide=id.g463d410ea9_0_57

Not so much the build as the presentation looks amazing lol.
Last edited by XEdwardElricX on Dec 7, 2018, 12:17:32 PM
"
XEdwardElricX wrote:
Just found this on Reddit, thought I'd show it to you and see what you think.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1otiRTGHZZEAFNv20s22oLpcrOnYffJgGeB8gUP_bqec/preview?slide=id.g463d410ea9_0_57

Not so much the build as the presentation looks amazing lol.
It's aiming for a different final build than this one, but it looks quite helpful for a new player.
I haven't reached end game yet, still playing Hybrid until I get 6L Shavronne's and Presence of Chayula, but I was curious does the build maintain Pain Attunement 24/7? Vaal Disc + Chayula = 55%, we would still be 10% of the 35% mark we need for low life. So do we have to run Wrath (50%) + Chayula to maintain Pain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info