[3.6] Low Life Arc Mines | Uber Elder

i like the build thanks for the good guide only im stuck now, im lvl 74 and i have one shimmeron, the dream, and a 6link shavronnes, my qstion is when can i start to go LL/ES (this would be my first time xd)
"
wesleyb1989 wrote:
i like the build thanks for the good guide only im stuck now, im lvl 74 and i have one shimmeron, the dream, and a 6link shavronnes, my qstion is when can i start to go LL/ES (this would be my first time xd)

You can go Low Life whenever you feel you have enough energy shield to take hits with just your ES. With your Shavronne's Wrappings and energy shield rares equipped, Discipline aura on, and ES nodes specced on the tree, you want a minimum of 4.5k - 5k ES. You may need to get a few more levels so you have the points to get all the energy shield nodes on the tree when you respec. You can use Path of Building to check how much ES you will have before you commit to the respec. Go ahead and equip the 6L Shavs right away, since its effect is still very useful while playing as hybrid.
Big nerfs in 3.4. Shimmeron is dead. Damage going forward should be around 40% less than in 3.3. Still should be Uber Elder viable, but certainly not one of the top builds anymore.

If there is still interest in the build, I can make an updated version for 3.4 with rare weapon(s) and a different tree. If not, it was fun while it lasted.
"
alolamola wrote:
Big nerfs in 3.4. Shimmeron is dead. Damage going forward should be around 40% less than in 3.3. Still should be Uber Elder viable, but certainly not one of the top builds anymore.

If there is still interest in the build, I can make an updated version for 3.4 with rare weapon(s) and a different tree. If not, it was fun while it lasted.

if you wouldn't mind terribly updating for 3.4 it'd be greatly appreciated
I think there definitely are people who have interest in this build being updated, even after the nerf. It loses about 40% of dmg, however it had crazy high dmg beforehand, so I guess it will be way more than enough for clearing all the content in the game.

Thanks in advance if you do update the build.
The 3.4 update is here! A quick rundown of the major changes:

- Shimmeron is dead. We're using a rare weapon and a shield now.
- Reworked trees focus on crit multi instead of power charges.
- No more bear trap (it's clunky) or Jaws of Agony.
- Minefield support replaced by Elemental Focus in endgame links. Use Minefield for leveling until you get a +1 mine helm.
- Option to use Fenumus' Weave for Aspect of the Spider.
Possibly a newbie question, would the tremor rod be a viable alternative since shimmeron isn't viable any longer? You do lose access to shield charge and the crit chance from a dagger, but you do get access to a 7 link, and about 1.5X more damage after the penalty and double detonation. You'd probably have to shuffle some of the skills around, but the same build should still work, but I have no clue how the DPS would look comparatively. Any ideas on if this would be better?
Last edited by zandercp11 on Sep 5, 2018, 12:24:23 AM
"
zandercp11 wrote:
Possibly a newbie question, would the tremor rod be a viable alternative since shimmeron isn't viable any longer? You do lose access to shield charge and the crit chance from a dagger, but you do get access to a 7 link, and about 1.5X more damage after the penalty and double detonation. You'd probably have to shuffle some of the skills around, but the same build should still work, but I have no clue how the DPS would look comparatively. Any ideas on if this would be better?

Totally viable. According to my calculations, using a perfectly rolled Tremor Rod results in 25% more burst damage than dual wielding the rare wands from the endgame PoB. If you don't mind giving up some ES from a shield and enjoy the double detonation ability, definitely go for it.

The only change to make if using Tremor Rod is to drop Annihilation or Throatseeker and pick up Serpent Stance. 6th link should be Added Lightning Damage. Mana costs will be higher, so you may need to pick up Arcane Will and/or a belt with increased flask mana recovery rate.

(Maybe I should add Tremor Rod as an option in the guide. Didn't realize the damage was so good until I ran the numbers).
Why exactly shimmeron wand is dead?
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Shimmeron is dead because now you take much more damage from the wand, which means either you limit yourself to 1 wand (and still potentially take more damage than 2 wands before) or can somehow make yourself immune to lightning damage. You now take 200 lightning dps per power charge for any crit you recently dealt ... meaning if you have 7 power charges, you take 1400 damage. While this was a buff to wand, the negative part that kills the build is that if you use another skill in the next 4 seconds, you take another 1400 damage for each extra skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info