[3.3] Seismic Trap Build

"
Songweaver wrote:
Whatever you wish. I do propose this skill tree instead, something like this ought to work better than glass cannon with no life, no mana for MoM, no defense build: https://pastebin.com/Q7uhHKqu

The link you posted has at least x5 gg mirror worthy gear, which is not easily obtainable, and most definitely not easy unless you are veteran with plenty of mirrors and exalts lying around for the spending. So, unless you're going to play on Standard and have tons of currency to spend, you're looking at around 4000 HP at best, with around 1500-1800 mana, if all your gear has life and mana rolls, while having 75% of your mana reserved. And having MoM. Unless you plan to sacrfice your life, mana, damage ring for the sake of using Essence Worm, which, again, has downsides considering the layout of skill tree you provided.
You won't spam anything. And you won't survive with zero defenses. Life regen won't do anything if you're dead. Not unless you spend at shitton of currency on gg mirror worthy gear.

EDIT: Friendly advice - you are very, very wrong if you're looking only at damage numbers. You need to take everything into account, not just damage numbers.

I do like the look of your tree. Thank you! I will use it as a base for my build. I'm going to try for a few more trap nodes, though.
I tried to play around with the tree but im a tard when it comes to making builds. Once I reached 84 pts i got lost.https://pastebin.com/aY1NynQ1

I was also told I needed more health nodes but the rest are towards the marauder tree so I don't know if it's worth going there. I wonder if getting like "increase phys damage with [weapon X]" increases the phys dmg of seismic trap?
"
Nizreb915 wrote:

I do like the look of your tree. Thank you! I will use it as a base for my build. I'm going to try for a few more trap nodes, though.

You're welcome. If you want lower life and more points, you can save 17 points if you opt out of entire Scion life wheel and it's route (just keeping the 2 point jewel socket near Quick Recovery cluster), and spec through Elementalist to Devotion clusters in Templar area, and picking 2 point jewel there.

That would lower you from 116 to 109 points, which means you will have 7 more points to spend on trap nodes, which is exactly how much you need for both Expeditious Munitions and Hasty Reconstruction clusters, if you desire to pick them.

That would lower your life from 186% to 157%, and mana from 148% to 132%, and you will have less life and mana regen. Still decent amount, with acrobatics in there, while it's not something I would prefer myself, but if that's your cup of tea, go for it. But personally, I wouldn't go for less than that, even for softcore (and I'm a softcore player myself)

Also, do note that 116 points is a level 95 character, as I always plan builds for 90-95. You may want to lower the number of points by 10 for a level 85 character.

"
LeRusse wrote:
I tried to play around with the tree but im a tard when it comes to making builds. Once I reached 84 pts i got lost.https://pastebin.com/aY1NynQ1

I was also told I needed more health nodes but the rest are towards the marauder tree so I don't know if it's worth going there. I wonder if getting like "increase phys damage with [weapon X]" increases the phys dmg of seismic trap?

No, increased damage with X weapon, will do just that, increase your damage with weapon, meaning you need to hit with that weapon. Melee or ranged, it requires you to use that weapon and hit with it. With traps, physical in this case for the sake of example, you're not hitting, thus you can only benefit from global physical damage, generic damage, trap damage, area damage, spell damage, etc...
To make it easier for you to understand, take a look at a skill gem. Below the skill gem name, there are tags, tags such as spell, aoe, trap, physical etc. You want to use damage increases matching those tags.
For the sake of example, let's make another one, Burning Arrow. Now, in this case, the tags are attack, fire, bow, which means increased x damage with bows will affect it, fire damage will affect it, elemental damage will affect it, damage over time and burning damage will affect it (if it ignites the enemy), projectile damage will affect it (as bows and wand fire projectiles, and are not melee) and all the supports affecting the attack skills will affect it, unless the support has melee tag.
So, basically, there may be few exceptions, but you're looking at the tags. Whatever matches the tag, will affect the skill in one way or another.

You've got 50% life in your skill tree. And no defense. That is very, very low. You will die, so very often, and you will most likely not be able to progress into maps if you don't invest into life and defense. Just like I told the op, try something like this.
https://pastebin.com/Q7uhHKqu

Use this as a baseline, change it in one way or another, but you need life, and you need defense. If you go purely for damage and nothing else, you won't be able to progress very far.

Last edited by Songweaver on May 31, 2018, 4:24:36 AM
Edited tree like You said and changed few nodes myself.

https://pastebin.com/Xzhb5HGz

Any unique jewels or items to rush on trapper? First time playing this kind of build, tried GC miner one time although i believe traps work a little bit different. Also still thinking going flamethrower or seismic, tho seismic looks better for me. Can someone give me advice what to aim for in terms of unique jewels or items? Thank You!
"
_Nektre_ wrote:
Any unique jewels or items to rush on trapper? First time playing this kind of build, tried GC miner one time although i believe traps work a little bit different. Also still thinking going flamethrower or seismic, tho seismic looks better for me. Can someone give me advice what to aim for in terms of unique jewels or items? Thank You!

None at all, if you're playing Sabo.
For other classes, you either want to focus on trap trigger area (with hair trigger jewels), or use sunblast jewel bombing combo for activating the traps when you drop them (sunblast with 2 cheap construction jewels). That is, if you're using cluster traps.
As far as uniques go, you can opt for Tinkerskin, although I don't feel it's mandatory after the changes to skill gems, supports and skill tree.
Unless you plan on mainly using the cooldown traps, but even then..dunno, that's a wait and see scenario, but I don't feel it's needed anymore.
In terms of items, we are very flexible, there are no necessary uniques, aside of the two combos mentioned earlier, and that's only if you're not playing Saboteur. Just have your decent life and resistances maxed, use spell damage crit weapon and you're good to farm for something better.
Thanks for posting the baseline tree I was wondering which other defense nodes I could choose. I'll check after work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info