[3.3] Seismic Trap Build

https://pastebin.com/APSaNpih

The link above is one of my many approaches/variations to seismic trap.
The skill is interesting because it gets damage from multiple sources, like cast-speed, incrased duration nodes and of course the regular ones.

In your opinion would you consider refunding some points (either crit or damage) in order to get to the 2 duration nodes and scion life wheel ?

PS : its a SC build so focusing more on damage than survival
Last bumped on May 31, 2018, 8:30:38 AM
Hey there !

Another fellow wants to play Trap on the next league <3 !

What do you think about going for High life with a Tinkerskin instead of MOM : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tinkerskin
On your mom, i can see 1739 mana without item. Do i need to assume that you will go look for item with mana too ?

And i must say i have some doubt about a build with only seismic trap.
On your build you have 80% recovery for throwing trap. It means you will generate a trap all the :
8-8*80/100 = 0.8 sec (correct me if i am wrong)

With these build, you can have 4 trap active at the same time. The base duration is still 3.50. So if you spam seismic trap, you will lost 3.50-(4*0.8)=0.30sec of the oldest trap. (still correct me if i am wrong). From the tooltip you can read that there is a big explosion. Is there a risk of cutting this big explosion ?

PS : I have some doubt here i can't find if the maximum trap referring to traps who are triggered or traps who aren't triggered.

For applying a curse with a trap, siphoning trap seems a good alternative cause it will hit like everything around him :) ! and it can save this 0.30 sec.

Sorry in advance for my bad english, not my mothertongue :S !
Last edited by Woodeath on May 22, 2018, 9:10:53 PM
You need "Potency of Will" in tree i think. Also tree seems not optimized. Here is my variation of tree and items, but ill respec some points for "Potency of Will" https://pastebin.com/E4GcdeVf

With same gear and tree cooldown of seismic trap should be like 3.9-4 sec and duration about 5 sec.
Last edited by An4LPunishment on May 22, 2018, 10:14:00 PM
What skill do you use for leveling? I want to make this kind of build when the new league start!
@bigbunny i think i shall level with fire trap or any kind of trap. Shadow tree start will change and you shall have trap nodes

@An4LPunishment i like the fact that you add some duration to the build and more life, but we miss some crit nodes, 1 power charge and all the force shaper circle. I am still unsure what to do

@Woodeath i am not playing with tinkerskin that armor is worth it when you get EB and sustain like that.
Regarding the calcs though i think you are right. I do not want to miss the possible last big explosion. Should i fix that with taking potency of will ?
"
Zorgilon wrote:
@bigbunny i think i shall level with fire trap or any kind of trap. Shadow tree start will change and you shall have trap nodes

@An4LPunishment i like the fact that you add some duration to the build and more life, but we miss some crit nodes, 1 power charge and all the force shaper circle. I am still unsure what to do

@Woodeath i am not playing with tinkerskin that armor is worth it when you get EB and sustain like that.
Regarding the calcs though i think you are right. I do not want to miss the possible last big explosion. Should i fix that with taking potency of will ?

Trust me, i killed shaper with bladefall trap, main issue was cooldown (wasting time without damage).

Also i recommend to take "Burn in the Shadows" after uber lab instead of "Explosives Expert". Its very strong survivability option vs monsters and a lot of bosses. With my setup i could tank shaper slam, i did it few times and was very surprised.

But anyway its ur build and u decide what to do with it, I just offered what I consider more profitable.
"
"
Zorgilon wrote:

Trust me, i killed shaper with bladefall trap, main issue was cooldown (wasting time without damage).

Also i recommend to take "Burn in the Shadows" after uber lab instead of "Explosives Expert". Its very strong survivability option vs monsters and a lot of bosses. With my setup i could tank shaper slam, i did it few times and was very surprised.

But anyway its ur build and u decide what to do with it, I just offered what I consider more profitable.

I think i am keeping the explosives expert, i want to ditch pyromaniac. Is some regen really good ?
"
Zorgilon wrote:
"
"
Zorgilon wrote:

I think i am keeping the explosives expert, i want to ditch pyromaniac. Is some regen really good ?

Yes, free 500-700 regen with Tinkerskin recovery feels very good.
Last edited by An4LPunishment on May 23, 2018, 4:57:17 AM
Hey guys,

I have some trouble finding some informations and it can help anyone trying to understand the traps mechanic. Here are my question :

- Let's take Explosive trap. The maximum trap is 3.
So if you launch 3 traps and trigger them, they are active ! So, if you launch another trap and trigger it while the 3 other traps are active, the oldest one will stop functionning even if the trap was already triggered ?

- If you take a skill gem : less duration support.
Is the skill explosive trap/seismic trap affected ?
If yes ----> Is the trap making the same DPS in a shorter window of time ? Or loosing a part of his DPS because it's shorter ?

- Does traps benefit from physical damage converted in element ?

Thanks in advance :) !

PS : I am trying to create a build which should be similar to you. I want to use Explosive trap but it should work the same with seismic trap (i am scaling with physcial and spell damage like you). Can i have some advice plz ? :)
https://pastebin.com/Ft92TXTy

EDIT : Magic of Reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8ltyor/discussion_sc_33_traps_mechanic_questions/
Last edited by Woodeath on May 24, 2018, 3:55:19 PM
You guys have some good builds that are giving me good ideas

Spoiler
"
Woodeath wrote:
Hey guys,

I have some trouble finding some informations and it can help anyone trying to understand the traps mechanic. Here are my question :

- Let's take Explosive trap. The maximum trap is 3.
So if you launch 3 traps and trigger them, they are active ! So, if you launch another trap and trigger it while the 3 other traps are active, the oldest one will stop functionning even if the trap was already triggered ?

- If you take a skill gem : less duration support.
Is the skill explosive trap/seismic trap affected ?
If yes ----> Is the trap making the same DPS in a shorter window of time ? Or loosing a part of his DPS because it's shorter ?

- Does traps benefit from physical damage converted in element ?

Thanks in advance :) !

PS : I am trying to create a build which should be similar to you. I want to use Explosive trap but it should work the same with seismic trap (i am scaling with physcial and spell damage like you). Can i have some advice plz ? :)
https://pastebin.com/Ft92TXTy

EDIT : Magic of Reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8ltyor/discussion_sc_33_traps_mechanic_questions/

I wanted to get "master sapper" too so I could have those 2 extra traps to throw. I copied your item set, and I was able to get more damage, but less life.

https://pastebin.com/xBJtueJu
Last edited by Nizreb915 on May 26, 2018, 9:13:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info