[3.3] Seismic Trap Build

hmm a build before patch note, nice work btw
FIX SG SERVER
"
Woodeath wrote:
Hey guys,

I have some trouble finding some informations and it can help anyone trying to understand the traps mechanic. Here are my question :

- Let's take Explosive trap. The maximum trap is 3.
So if you launch 3 traps and trigger them, they are active ! So, if you launch another trap and trigger it while the 3 other traps are active, the oldest one will stop functionning even if the trap was already triggered ?

- If you take a skill gem : less duration support.
Is the skill explosive trap/seismic trap affected ?
If yes ----> Is the trap making the same DPS in a shorter window of time ? Or loosing a part of his DPS because it's shorter ?

- Does traps benefit from physical damage converted in element ?

Thanks in advance :) !

PS : I am trying to create a build which should be similar to you. I want to use Explosive trap but it should work the same with seismic trap (i am scaling with physcial and spell damage like you). Can i have some advice plz ? :)
https://pastebin.com/Ft92TXTy

EDIT : Magic of Reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8ltyor/discussion_sc_33_traps_mechanic_questions/

Nevermind, I just put my skill combo into your build and got a huge damage boost, it seems it pays to not go to "master sapper" for the extra trap nodes there.

https://pastebin.com/95WVma0g
that isn't the 3.3 tree eh?
"
LeRusse wrote:
that isn't the 3.3 tree eh?

No, but I doubt the 3.3 tree will be extremely different from 3.2 other than a few nodes moved around a bit. I imagine we will gain or lose 3 or so points one way or other, but the 3.2 trees are a convenient way to model a build for now. We don't even have the skill gems we want to use yet.
Here is a build (based on Woodeath's) using the new tree. I may change it back to go for eldritch battery and the acrobatics nodes. The master sapper node is closer to the shadow start now, too.
Still no info for the new trap skills, I think.

https://pastebin.com/RWYW0h4Z
Directly from patch notes : "Namely, additional traps can only be thrown if the skill has at least one extra trap cooldown stockpiled, and only as many additional traps will be thrown as there are cooldowns stockpiled. In other words, if you have three Seismic Traps stockpiled and have the Shaper's additional trap glove mod, you'll throw two traps and consume two Seismic Trap cooldowns. If you only have two cooldowns stockpiled and attempt to throw three Seismic Traps via the Multitrap support, you will only throw two traps "

So, since you probably will not do a cluster-trap support for seismic trap, i was wondering, WHAT EXACTLY DOES THE SABOTEUR ASCENDANCY GIVE YOU ?

-damage is mediocre and you wont be able to take advantage of the chain reaction.
Anyone would suggest another ascendancy maybe ?
"
Zorgilon wrote:

-damage is mediocre and you wont be able to take advantage of the chain reaction.

Assassin? Phys/crit trap build.
"
Zorgilon wrote:
Directly from patch notes : "Namely, additional traps can only be thrown if the skill has at least one extra trap cooldown stockpiled, and only as many additional traps will be thrown as there are cooldowns stockpiled. In other words, if you have three Seismic Traps stockpiled and have the Shaper's additional trap glove mod, you'll throw two traps and consume two Seismic Trap cooldowns. If you only have two cooldowns stockpiled and attempt to throw three Seismic Traps via the Multitrap support, you will only throw two traps "

So, since you probably will not do a cluster-trap support for seismic trap, i was wondering, WHAT EXACTLY DOES THE SABOTEUR ASCENDANCY GIVE YOU ?

I would say Bladefall/EK with Cluster Trap for Aoe. Seismic on single target. Scion should work well tho. Assassin too. Would probably require the use of sunblast jewels bombing combo tho, which I'm not big fan of. Personally, I shall try to revive my ignite Elementalist, if it fails, usual Lightning Trap plus Cremo trap will do the trick.
Now, for his choice, I'm pretty sure it could work with Sabo, blind, chain reaction for BF/EK might be juicy, decent regen from trap activations, unless I misunderstood something, and the trap support on skills also suffers from stockpiles. But something like Scion should work well.

But I just can't understand the reasoning behind this new skill tree choice of yours...
Alas, that last tree is quite shitty, low life, low mana, no defenses, if you use blasphemy on temp chains plus hatred (you really want hatred on any phys build) all while enjoying the MoM picked, you won't cast anything more than once/twice, and that is IF you do not get hit by a stray projectile or something. You said it yourself, you neglect everything for power, "since it's a SC build so more damage less life", but you do not take proper damage nodes, the big hitters in any crit build aka crit multi, when the gear choice clearly implies you're going crit, with desire to crit hard with 20% crit chance and barely above 300% crit multi..gets me thinking.
Last edited by Songweaver on May 30, 2018, 9:23:39 AM
I plan on spamming explosive traps and tossing single seismic traps with way reduced cool down.
Whatever you wish. I do propose this skill tree instead, something like this ought to work better than glass cannon with no life, no mana for MoM, no defense build: https://pastebin.com/Q7uhHKqu

The link you posted has at least x5 gg mirror worthy gear, which is not easily obtainable, and most definitely not easy unless you are veteran with plenty of mirrors and exalts lying around for the spending. So, unless you're going to play on Standard and have tons of currency to spend, you're looking at around 4000 HP at best, with around 1500-1800 mana, if all your gear has life and mana rolls, while having 75% of your mana reserved. And having MoM. Unless you plan to sacrfice your life, mana, damage ring for the sake of using Essence Worm, which, again, has downsides considering the layout of skill tree you provided.
You won't spam anything. And you won't survive with zero defenses. Life regen won't do anything if you're dead. Not unless you spend at shitton of currency on gg mirror worthy gear.

EDIT: Friendly advice - you are very, very wrong if you're looking only at damage numbers. You need to take everything into account, not just damage numbers.
Last edited by Songweaver on May 30, 2018, 2:21:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info