Bestiary League Conclusion

Played to about level 80 or so and went back to standard. Thought they had some good ideas, but it was far too half assed to really be fun to me. I get why some really liked it, but it just wasn't for me.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Last edited by DS_Deadman on May 22, 2018, 6:10:00 PM
I liked this league and almsot got to 98. Higher than I ever thought possible on a temp league.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Despite all the bestiary problems, my biggest problem with this league is that they announced about bestiary will not be added into core game before the league ends, making a certain bestiary unique really expensive. Before the announcement, I already struggled to find farric tiger alpha, now its just seems impossible to me to get farrul chest. But I liked this league because many people left for racing hype, and I managed to collect like total 3k chaos just from selling maps.
"
bewilder2 wrote:
Despite all the bestiary problems, my biggest problem with this league is that they announced about bestiary will not be added into core game before the league ends, making a certain bestiary unique really expensive. Before the announcement, I already struggled to find farric tiger alpha, now its just seems impossible to me to get farrul chest. But I liked this league because many people left for racing hype, and I managed to collect like total 3k chaos just from selling maps.

I'm still hoping to find the tiger myself, though I know that's highly unlikely considering this is my best league yet (speed-wise) and I haven't caught a glimpse. I've killed the other bosses four times each, would like to at least do that fight once. Only problem is, I worry I wouldn't noticed him in a pack and just kill him and move on lol.

Also, I definitely need to figure out what maps are worth too. It's an untapped source of income for me having so many, including uniques.
League was fine but the crafting was too weird. Beast trading is too weird. Portals to the mega-saurs were too rare and the drops mostly meh. I think most ignored that and just drifted back towards elder stuff mostly because it has major substance.

Tons of loot gained from the reds, some recipes made the league start easy as hell which was ok. Overall i'd personally give it a 6/10 where Breach is a sexy 10 and Talisman is meme 1.
League mechanics were frustrating, although I liked the idea of having greater flexibility and consistency in crafting. I wish they found a way to integrate some of the crafting ideas with the masters. Made it to 91 with my Jugg (very fun build), but found map sustain very frustrating once into red maps. Just couldn't be bothered to pursue it like I did in Abyss.
I didn't have a problem with map sustain but I had a problem getting the maps I wanted. I always ended up on the opposite side of the atlas compared to where I actually wanted to be. It's likely I just don't know how the atlas works, but the sustain was no problem staying where I wanted to be tier wise.
I completed the Atlas only a week ago in Bestiary but didn't bother with completing the Bestiary book and never even tried finding or trading any of the specific beasts. Seemed pointless and boring. Tbh could've stayed in Standard but making a new character seemed more fun and why not do do it in a new league then...

I liked Abyss better. Also Incursion seems more interesting and less annoying but that's to be seen yet. I bet a lot of people enjoyed the League though, just can't please everyone.
I wanted 28 but that was only going to happen if I found a cartographers strongbox and that NEVER HAPPENED
Got a heiro gc totem and a pathfinder reave/bf both levelled up into the 90's, was farming red elder until flashback came along, and hey presto POE was fun again!.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info