Bestiary League Conclusion

I didn't like it.

To sum it up I like playing and feel like i'm progressing and having good loot, this league loot was terrible, map drops were terrible and elder/shaper system is terrible.

Orbs of horizon should be as common as alchemy orbs for the elder/shaper mechanic on atlas be pleasurable.
IGN gubert
Last edited by Gubert on May 24, 2018, 11:17:45 PM
i totally gave up early this league
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░ We Miss U Le Toucan
I got my 36 largely due to having to buy a tiger early for a guild run of the boss back when they were only 1 ex, and I wish they wouldn't have announced it not being included until league end. Be that as it may, I did at least enjoy the easy chaos recipe gains made possible by the beasts.

I ran a GC totem hierophant and fully completed the atlas, but never finished up to uber elder due to poor rng in getting elder to the center of the atlas. All in all though I enjoyed it and made a fair deal of currency this league. Of course, currency is only a means to be able to finish and upgrade a build for me.

The real point of playing, at least as far as I am concerned, is trying out builds and conquering content.
Got my 40 challenges and was just chilling after it. Skipping next league to do something else for a while instead than running boring grind nonsense challenges for 40/40.
"
frenzul wrote:

TL;DR - My experience with Bestiary

My experience with the league was as bad as your use of TL;DR
"
frenzul wrote:
How did you guys do this league?

TL;DR - My experience with Bestiary
I planned on stopping around 28 challenges and accidentally popped off a few more while just screwing around. It seems unlikely that I'll hit any more though unless I do run into the alpha tiger at some point.. and I guess I'm close on corrupted maps but I ran out of Vaal orbs.

The character I played this league was ultra weird - Guardian with tons of block/spell block and blade flurry. Damage is really low. Despite being able to complete a lot of content I haven't in the past (guardians, elders, hydra and almost completing the atlas) I completely crapped out at level 91 when I usually strive for 92. I'm not sure if I was pushing too hard for my casualness or what.. but it was good enough.

I did make a lot more currency this league than in the past but oddly, I spent all of it. I got sucked into trying to craft a few shaped items that I found and ended up just blowing through all my exalts (10) and chaos (200). Luckily I guess it doesn't matter since I don't play standard, but I need to learn how to save, craft, or buy and sell more efficiently.

Still didn't meet anyone to play with despite having several more interactions and inviting people to give them challenge criteria.

It took me a while to get over the whole capturing thing but in the end, it didn't really bother me. I actually enjoyed using a few of the beast craft options, mainly the horizon(?) orbs to flip maps into other of same tier. I don't understand the atlas enough and feel like I did something wrong since I only seem to get the same map drops now and not the ones I actually want.

Anyway. Did anyone do anything fun? What kind of build and did you enjoy it?

At first I had my reserves against playing Pokémon of Exile, BUT 2 weeks into it I decided to play Beastiary to ATTEMPT to get the beast uniques for my SSF chars. It's now like a week out before it ends and i'm at lv 85, captured tons of beasts and haven't been in EVEN ONE special portal needed for the uniques, nor have I been able to craft any aspect skills on to rares (despite capturing quite a few aspect of the hellion beasts) Overall I think beastiary would be pretty good to add to the core game since it helps with crafting, prophecies, etc.

Seeing as GGG decided NOT to include beastiary into the game it'd be nice if they boosted the # and chances of catching those special beasts now for the last few days of it. By the way for anyone that is against it being added to core; just remember you don't HAVE to catch beasts if you don't want to. Though I 100% agree with many of this league's downfalls, then again for me most of the past leagues have completely sucked ass past Domination. Exceptions to that being Legacy +10, Flashback #1 +5 ( didn't play this 2nd one running now due to trying to catch beast). Other than Legacy and Flashback the others seemed pretty pointless in playing aside from wanting a few harbinger orbs or uniques.

GGG!!! Bring back the leaguestones!!!! ASAP!!! Pretty please ! :-P perhaps even reliquary keys too (despite being SUPER rare to find , it was still cool) Oh well, back to Standard I go and get to focus on my other chars and just save SSF for leagues.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Last edited by WoT_Seanchan on May 25, 2018, 9:51:10 AM
I tried three or four builds but I just didnt like the theme....went back to standard. I really liked the race :).
From GGG info and Chris on the Baeclast episode #23 they definitely learned that anything that causes much of a slowdown in the pace of our progression is bad for business. So much so that next league is a 180° turn and Incursion embraces the speed meta and will require racing against the clock in the ancient temple. GGG also found out the hard way that lack of pre-challenge league testing to work out the bugs and play logic flaws is super bad. Chris said as much in Baeclast interview. Maybe now GGG will code for 2 challange leagues ahead of time to give themselves plenty of testing/debugging/refining time (that's what the Alpha team is for so use them to the max).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info