Bestiary League Conclusion

How did you guys do this league?

TL;DR - My experience with Bestiary
I planned on stopping around 28 challenges and accidentally popped off a few more while just screwing around. It seems unlikely that I'll hit any more though unless I do run into the alpha tiger at some point.. and I guess I'm close on corrupted maps but I ran out of Vaal orbs.

The character I played this league was ultra weird - Guardian with tons of block/spell block and blade flurry. Damage is really low. Despite being able to complete a lot of content I haven't in the past (guardians, elders, hydra and almost completing the atlas) I completely crapped out at level 91 when I usually strive for 92. I'm not sure if I was pushing too hard for my casualness or what.. but it was good enough.

I did make a lot more currency this league than in the past but oddly, I spent all of it. I got sucked into trying to craft a few shaped items that I found and ended up just blowing through all my exalts (10) and chaos (200). Luckily I guess it doesn't matter since I don't play standard, but I need to learn how to save, craft, or buy and sell more efficiently.

Still didn't meet anyone to play with despite having several more interactions and inviting people to give them challenge criteria.

It took me a while to get over the whole capturing thing but in the end, it didn't really bother me. I actually enjoyed using a few of the beast craft options, mainly the horizon(?) orbs to flip maps into other of same tier. I don't understand the atlas enough and feel like I did something wrong since I only seem to get the same map drops now and not the ones I actually want.

Anyway. Did anyone do anything fun? What kind of build and did you enjoy it?
Last bumped on May 25, 2018, 1:09:22 PM
<<sad trombone noise>>
Totem build, got to 83, said fuck it and went back to Standard.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Made it to Highgate and then back to standard.
Got to T10 and ran out of maps. Found Warframe.
Only 2 things i didn't like about the original beastiary league. First, it wasn't complete and ready for release. It was at least a week or 2 after i quit playing the league that i think they actually fixed it. I used warchief totem build with Kitava's Feast which destroys bodies. Didn't feel like switching builds or working up to atziri's disfavour for my build because of the 2nd and primary reason i didn't like the league...I play POE to kill mass number of monsters. Beast catching slows that process down. Didn't like that. It is like a hic-up in my game play. However, i do like the 1 month league. There is enough to do that i can just skip beasts if i want to and the bugs have been fixed. I also played facebreaker warchief totem build in the 1 month league so it wouldn't have mattered if they fixed the problem Kitava's feast caused. Since i play lots of games and only play POE when i want to slaughter a lot of stuff fast it doesn't bother me that they make a league like this. I just played a shorter amount of time and then went back to whack-a-moling zombies or something else i enjoy.

So i guess my conclusion is that i played this league the least amount of time of any league, but i didn't hate it like some people did. Just wasn't interested.
"
whitewolf67 wrote:

So i guess my conclusion is that i played this league the least amount of time of any league, but i didn't hate it like some people did. Just wasn't interested.

Yea heard that. I honestly don't understand the hatred. I'm bad at this game and I found it easy enough to ignore or take advantage of it. I wasn't really asking for peoples opinion on the league, I know everyone here is salty as fawk about it.

Was more intending to see how people did and what they played (instead of contributing to new Tencentastrophe posts) but I guess it's all just salt and snark.

Oh well.
I hated the league quite a lot in the beginning, don't know why I even bothered with 40/40 but I guess it's because I managed to complete the Bestiary and got a t15 elder early on that motivated me.

One of the worst things were the fact that just like Abyss or Harbinger before this league, they fixed the mechanics when everyone had already quit the game. We got shatter fix like 1.5 months in or something ffs.

Today the bestiary mechanic is okay at best but UI design really hampers it significantly. I love Einhar and wish GGG had devoted more time before they released this and perhaps Bestiary would have been more loved.
I had a decent league. Spent about a mirror's worth of currency min-maxing my autobomber and farmed up another mirror as a goal:

Would've like to get 100 as well, but my poor squishy autobomber just couldn't survive a crash, and I crashed all the time.

I disliked the league mechanic and ignored it right from day two or so. It was more or less of a joke league to me, and I didn't plan on playing too long, but I wound up really enjoying the build and the burial chamber farm, so I just kept going. I didn't bother with challenges or anything other than burial chambers, really.

So, to sum up my experiences, I hated the league, but still had a whole ton of fun.
Normally I play a character up and see how far I can get. Ran an Anvil max block/spell block gladiator with SST for bleed and bloodlust Blade Flurry. Is a lot of fun. Violent Retaliation would be incredible with a Breach Portal Gem. But have been playing nonstop for a couple of years, and this league, maps didn't drop for me. I don't trade, so I stopped.

Went and found something fresh (for me, anyway).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info