[3.13] GOLEMENTALIST (Flame Golems Elementalist) Build (Easy & Safe for everyone!) +Video guide!

Very nice, well played. You are sporting the life of my large golems and u retain the chain and don't have the golem life passives I have.

I haven't played much but did upgrade my watercher's for another effectively 10% more dmg on consecrated ground (ie zealotry)

I'm using fire pen instead of CD. I understand resistances on some mobs are higher and I want to retain full crit %. Beyond that, looking forward to being able to play some more in a week or so. The feels like is significantly more dmg but haven't run enough scenarios.
Yea, that MLS Elder mod is really worth a lot. Without it the suport golems are way too squishy if you want the Feeding Frenzy buff from them. It also comes with 25% increased global minion life which benfits the Flame Golems.

BTW, without Primordial Chain they would have: Flame Golems 40k, Lightning Golem 48k, Chaos Golem 58k and Stone Golem 67k life.

My philosophy: as Elementalist we should not be taking minion life nodes in the tree. Our golems are immune to elemental damage and have an obscene amount of life regeneration, whatever else they may need to survive should not have to be found in the skill tree. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 21, 2019, 10:15:22 AM
For your overall setup, you certainly worked it the best way you could to obtain unkillable status for them. My beefed up golems/AG no longer fit the dummy category and are certainly unkillable, they do substantial dmg and the minion nodes I have taken all play into that. The only upgrade I'm planning is my amulet to get the additional EC. If I was to swap my helm I would need to obtain the steelskin enchant, which is significant for my very layered defense. That said, I don't think I can make up for the stats on my helm anywhere else, so it's not in play atm. If I were to swap helm it would be to drop flame g in there, support lvl 20 minion dmg etc, +3 level, etc

At 14K+ ES/Life, there isn't anything on the tree I need for my character, my last point will go to minions.
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Dec 21, 2019, 3:32:38 PM
"
ShadowHamed wrote:
If I were to swap helm it would be to drop flame g in there, support lvl 20 minion dmg etc, +3 level, etc

Ideally you would want +3 lvl to socketed minion gems, minion damage support, conc effect support and immolate support. However, this will only leave you with two free suffixes, i.e. no life/es mods possible. But you will end up with a pseudo 8l helmet and lvl 27 Flame Golems. Sure, CE and Immolate aren't the "best" supports but they would be still incredibly strong with Empower 4, Spell Echo and multiple projectiles.

Having said that, such a helmet is rarer than pixie dust, good luck crafting one. :p
I see you have infernal legion linked to your (otherwise unsupported) Stone and Chaos Golems. Without (Awakened) AoE support the radius is appealingly small and they hardly deal enough damage to justify the socked. In addition they suffer from the same silly restriction as "RF totems", i.e. their damage can never overlap, only one of them will be dealing damage.

If you really want to put them to good use you're better off with an abyss jewel adding fire damage to minions and then link Combustion Support, That's 20% "moar" damage for your flame golems right there.
I already have combustion on flame g, 100% uptime ignite, making the gem equiv of 50% more. I'm considering dropping infernal legion but they run all over and with my setup, it's probably 60k dmg sec debuff, which clears trash, and the range is fine, everything on the screen is lit up by them as they run around. That said, I'm considering a few options for when I move flame gs to helm for even more dmg. Until then, I may drop infernal, move ice into helm and use flesh/spirit offering. Socket starved. My AG is setup with dual curse and applies well in meat shield range.

Also likely pick up another belt with aspect of spider and swap with my cat for situational scenario. Another 15 increased will make for up to 50% increased dmg taken on back end (shock, watcher's eye, spider). 107 non boss reduced fire resist on front end.
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Dec 22, 2019, 5:48:21 PM
"Sniped" me a new Ghastly Eye jewel:

Paid 1 ex and then got max roll cast/att speed with a lucky suffix slam.

Priority obviously was the the fire dmg mod, which gives me options with Combustion Support and flat 20 fire dmg increases the Flame Golem by 2% as well. Hinder seems to be a decent bonus, combined with 13% perma chill bosses go into super SloMo. ;)

"
ShadowHamed wrote:
I'm considering dropping infernal legion but they run all over and with my setup, it's probably 60k dmg sec debuff

How do you figure 60k??? Infernal Legion does not make them deal burning damage based on their max life (unlike RF). All you get is the 1.5k from the gem. Now if you have, say 1000% incr minion dmg, that's a meager 16.5k boosted a bit further with 25% more from FFS (nothing from Zealotry, no spell tag), so that's about 20k... not even close to 60k.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 25, 2019, 9:19:19 AM
That's a nice ghastly. I figured I get it to 25-30k pre - fire resistance, which can double it. My range on it was 50-60k which I have cited before, mine is 1670 base. Either way, I'm dropping it and I'm going to be bringing spectres to the party. Ice is going up into helm.
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Dec 25, 2019, 9:18:51 AM
Yea, coupla Tuko Vanguards might be nice for -25% fire res. Multi Totem for effectiveness maybe. Remains to be seen how they survive tho.
They are a consideration as is the chieftain for the frenzy x 3. Which is more robust than flesh/spirit offering and doesn't require cast. With all my minion passives, I suspect they will survive fine but we shall see. No idea what the base life is on any of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info