[3.13] GOLEMENTALIST (Flame Golems Elementalist) Build (Easy & Safe for everyone!) +Video guide!

Hey , some one can link a pob of the life version plz ?
I have a question, does the ascendant's ability "Mastermind of Discord" also work for our minions thanks to the "elemental army" support gem or does it only work with exposure abilities launched by us even ?
"
Seede56 wrote:
Hey , some one can link a pob of the life version plz ?

Feel free to import from my account (Tomay > DazzlingMully) ... Blood Magic is optional, but since I'm only using one Aura (Zealotry), it doesn't matter. Adding Anger isn't worth it for me, would require investment in less mana reservation and waste a socket on Enlighten, thanks but no thanks.

(Apart from my silly boots and belt the gear is nothing special and rather affordable, even with a random Holy Chainmail (+greed essence) around 9k life should be possible.)

For even more damage I'd use Conc Effect as the sixth gem, it's just very awkward to to get five blue sockets on Belly, so Empower 4 or (Awa) Fire Penetration it is for me.

Please note, in order to have the Stone/Chaos Golem ignite enemies and reduce Fire Resistance through Combustion, you must have an Abyssal Jewel that adds Fire Damage to Minions, like the one below:

(or don't use Blood Magic and add Anger to your setup, at the expense of some life nodes and get Sovereignty in tree for less reservation and live with the PAINS of mana management :)

Dual curse is quite expensive, either get Awa Hextouch or anoint "Whispers of Doom". Other options to explore... link Culling Strike to the Lightning Golem (probably means using Flame Dash/2nd Wind rather than Leap Slam to free up a socket, but we'll lose Fortify) and maybe a Warlord Ring with Flammability on Hit, which allows for (Awa) Unbound Ailments with Arc for even moar shock effect.

Bottom line, we're very flexible, in the end it's all about personal preferences. We don't care for much for minion nodes in the tree (each Harmony is worth 80% incr damage) so we only want jewel sockets and grab defensive nodes (life/regen) along the way... how you balance this is up to you but you can hardly go wrong. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Feb 15, 2021, 8:08:52 PM
"
Oznek wrote:
I have a question, does the ascendant's ability "Mastermind of Discord" also work for our minions thanks to the "elemental army" support gem or does it only work with exposure abilities launched by us even ?

As the wording says, "Exposure you inflict...", so the answer is no, the Mastermind of Discord bonus doesn't apply to Exposure inflicted by minions. And Exposure from multiple sources does not stack, only the higher instance counts (Combustion is not Exposure, so this will add up).

But we have already established that we deal way more damage with Elemental Equilibrium and Shock (via Shaper of Storms)
Last edited by tomay on Feb 15, 2021, 7:54:40 PM
Worth mentioning Anomalous Golem gems... certainly nice for Chaos, Stone, and Lightning Golem for the 20% Buff effect. Unfortunately the 20% will not applied directly to the base value but added to our already enormous Golem Buff stack so in real numbers this translates into 1% physical damage reduction, appr. 25 life regenerated per second and 1% cast/attack speed.

(Chaos Golem + 2 Endu Charges = 45% physical damage reduction right there for me... add to that other means of mitigation such as Fortify, Immo Call, Basalt Flask and you get the picture))

Not so sure if the Divergent Flame Golem is worth it, we'll lose 20% incr. damage for 20% incr. cooldown recovery rate which we may not need with nine or ten well rolled Harmony jewels.
Haha I wish I had read the last 3-4 pages of the thread before gearing almost according to the PoB and main post :(
"
Apocsky wrote:
Haha I wish I had read the last 3-4 pages of the thread before gearing almost according to the PoB and main post :(

Nothing wrong with the pob or the main post honestly, people tweak their of stuff for their needs, but fundamental base build is the same
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
TBH honest, I'm a bit surprised that ppl still looking for Flame Golems since their damage output is considerably lower than Carrion, Stone or Ice Golems but if you want the highest possible single target DPS let's recap:

Keystone:

Elemental Equilibrium

Elementalist Ascendancy:

Liege of the Primordial - Elemancer - Shaper of Stprms

Bastion of Elements (for elemental damage mitigation) or Shaper of Winter (for perma chill)

Gem Setup:

Flame Golems - Spell Echo - Minion Damage - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction - Concentrated Effect

Stone Golem - Chaos Golem - Feeding Frenzy - Combustion (preferably in a +2/3 Helmet)

Generosity - Zealotry - Anger (take Sovereignty in tree for reduced Mana reservation and incr. aura effect)

Lightning Golem - Culling Strike (CS doesn't have to be leveled since we're struggling with DEX)

(Vaal) Arc - Hextouch - Elemental Weakness (or Flammability if no Warlord ring, see below) - Unbound Ailments (Arc shock effect can be as high as 33% more damage taken)

(goes without saying to use Awakened support gems where applicable)

For dual cursing, we need one of the following: Whispers of Doom (tree or anointment) or Awakened Hextouch (lvl 5) or a lucky corruption on The Primordial Chain or Windscream boots or Doedre's Ring (wouldn't recommend the ring though). Then get a Warlord ring with "Flammability on hit" (32%) or add Flammability to the Arc setup (requires Awa Hextouch lvl 5 and we'll lose a good chunk of shock effect from Unbound Ailments).

Another option: move Feeding Frenzy to the Lightning Golem and add Elemental Army to Stone & Chaos Golem for 10% Exposure... but we're running out of sockets fast. ;)

We will get more damage with two +2 wands but we'll lose 2 Flame Golems and then our clear speed may suffer and we may have to resort to Multiple Projectile support instead of Concentrated effect, ideally we'd want a white socket in the body armour to swap gems for boss fights, LMP/GMP also requires a lot of DEX, 117 at lvl 21.
Last edited by tomay on Feb 20, 2021, 5:27:44 AM
"
Nothing wrong with the pob or the main post

My biggest concern is your choice of "Mastermind of Discord" and Wave of Conviction, all you get is Exposure to the effect of -45% Fire Resistance, whereas Elemental Equilibrium reduces resistance by 50% and Shock from Arc can increase the damage taken by more than 30% with Shaper pf Storms (even w/o Unbound Ailments we shock to the tune of 26%) ... it's not even a close contest. ;)

And The Primordial Chain is better than a rare Amulet, more DPS and excellent defenses (150% golem buffs) ... unless you're filthy rich and get your hands on a Warlord/Hunter Amulet (+1 str skill gems/+1 fire skill gems), that's a real game changer. :D
Last edited by tomay on Feb 19, 2021, 8:18:08 AM
Adding yourself to the list angry?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3078195

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info