ExileCon

Exilecon in New Zealand , why not in Sydney its the offshore mecca for Kiwi's ( humor no offence intended) . Logically you would probably get higher attendance particularly if your intending to hold it in Wellington
USD 1,400 for a 1 person 30 hours flight ticket from Geneva to Auckland.

So... Nope.jpeg

Besides the fact that it'll probably be a congregation of a baker's dozen devs and a few grazing sheep, why don't you do organize it in a more sensible, central location. I dunno, say Germany, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Poland.

Anyways, hope ya'll have fun, you just let me know when you decide for Switzerland and i'll buy you a beer ;)

You've seen a lot of responses from Europe and the USA about people interested who cannot afford the trip. Plus a 10+ hour flight is utter agony if you've ever been on one.

If your New Zealand one goes well, maybe you'd think about doing one in the USA and Europe?
I think many are interested, but the thing is, that it doesnt matter from where the fans come on the north part of the earth, its very very very very expensive. and as a cause of this very high price (10h flight or more), the people have to stay longer than just one day or two, that it will be worthwile. And as an extra cost the tickets for the con? come on. I dont think that lot people can afford it. For me in example, i am studying applied computer science and as a student, i cant definetly afford it. secondly, that it would be worthwile to afford it, like i said, the people have to stay at least for 4 weeks. But only people who have very good jobs can afford this expensive trip, there comes another problem: vacation. I dont think their companies will allow this long vacation without fireing them. So just very good money earning freelancers, like programmers or something can afford it to come. so i dont think, that there are coming more than 10 people from the north part of the earth. At least make the tickets for those people for free. new zealanders and australians dont have that big problem like the rest of us. please rethink this whole thing. or do a competition, where also people who dont have the money for this expensive travel have a chance to visit your con.
I don't care how much it is or where it is at. I will be there, I better be offered a ticket and not have it sold out like
Spoiler
Blizzcon
within 1 minute (Blizzard is garbage anyway).
Shook Hands with Chris - Check
Got Picture next to Chris - Check
Life Complete - Check
Last edited by Tyrm on May 19, 2018, 8:35:26 AM
can't wait to meet bex :hearteyes:
A part of me would definitely enjoy having a reason to go to New Zealand. I'm from USA Florida so, it would be incredibly far but I'd definitely consider it. Maybe hold the convention somewhere near where there are other cool things to do.
I would love to win a trip to New Zealand <3
definitely a royale tourney should be on the list
I think probably anyone who plays the game would want to go.

Just for getting to know the country itself i would go - New Zealand must be amazing! The real problem here are the costs, mostly the flight which for me (Brazil) is REALLY EXPENSIVE, but who knows, until november 2019 many things can happen...

EDIT: Typo.
Last edited by auri_19 on May 19, 2018, 11:36:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info