ExileCon

I’ll be there NZ Baby
Great idea but I think you should check where most of the players are connecting from and explore the possibility of doing to con there. I checked the price for a flight to NZ and it is not something I would like to pay. Just checked some previous posts and a virtual ticket like Blizzard does for Blizzcon seems nice too.
Last edited by caer on May 18, 2018, 5:18:43 AM
That's really far from france :-(
And it's more than 1K€ to go
I'll wait an ExileCon in Europe
25h and 1500€ of travel... too crazy for me
Deff interested, but its year and half later.. hard to think so far forward in time
"
Shotslol wrote:
Not in Murica' KKona sad times.

SUGGESTION: Would be nice if you streamed this sort of thing on Twitch or on your own site. Like Blizzard does for Blizzcon, and sell virtual tickets that give in game things. MTX. Pets. Forum portrait. Something along those lines. Blizzard also does the "Goody bag" stuff online which you can buy/have shipped if you have a virtual ticket. Would be nice to get exclusive stuff for $ if you can't attend. :)

Definitelly support this idea, even thou I understand that might mean slightly less numbers of real people in the event, which might be a big downside, I'm sure there would be an extremelly large number of players willing to pay for the virtual tickets, specially if they also offer some sort of unique rewards.
Please don't make the mistake of offering exclusive MTX for attendees like Blizzcon does. At it ends up doing is promoting scalping.

Also, will it have a ball pit? Lol. (If you don't get that joke, look it up.)
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
Last edited by ogresamanosuke on May 18, 2018, 5:28:34 AM
this would be sick :O
The amount of complaining about plane tickets, and jealousy of exclusive MTXs is daunting - get over yourselves.

I think it's a great idea, and will likely come if time allows. 26 hour flight one way though, so I hope it'll be worth the effort :)

A couple of suggestions:

- When it's closer in date, perhaps suggest a few things one could visit and experience in Auckland (or near) that you personally find interesting (for the personal touch).

- Some opinions of airlines flying to NZ - looking at flights, I see Singapore and Emirates, and some other lesser-known airlines. I've never flown Singapore, but they seem quite affordable ($2,600 for a business and ~$1,000 for a coach ticket)

Overall, cool idea! It is a bit unfortunate that so many can't come due to the travel distance, but on the other hand, that'd be the case wherever you hold it.
I am indeed interested, but New Zealand is on the other side of the world for a german like me, if it would have been somewhere in Europe , i would actually think of coming .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info