Announcing Path of Exile: Incursion

League looks legit, I think we all knew it would be good though.

Worstiary was such a massive failure that GGG knew they had to hit a homerun this time around.

My only complaint is the supporter packs or lack there of, this new model of 2 absolute trash 30-60 dollar happy meals is hot garbage.

They are uglier every league and are the reason I still dont possess any, I have 300 dollars of microtransaction points saved I am waiting to put towards an "upgrade" but they are useless for these small vomit cash grab packs. Sadly the war for the atlas packs only got uglier with price, they literally got worse and worse the higher you went in price.
Last edited by JCOH35 on May 12, 2018, 3:12:03 AM
not bad looking forward to it
It looks like worst league ever.
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Fucking hyped!
Timed league breach like... sad...
Not a fan of timed map concept... we'll see
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Oh come dude. You knew this was coming. After the fiery contentions of Bestiary, you knew 3.3 would be a low-risk, low creativity crowd pleaser.

They could have done exactly that without adding a shitty timer. DPS checks suck. It's lazy game design.

*shrug* Feel free to show me where that contradicts what I said. :P

Well, it is reasonable to assume that "You knew this was coming" was in reference to my statement, which you quoted.

Since my stated objection was to the timer per se and not to low-risk, low-creativity crowd pleasers, I can only infer that you thought I should have expected a timer and not just that I should have expected a low-risk concept.

Obviously I did not, and nor do I think I should have. That's why I said "They could have done exactly that without adding a shitty timer." The ability to blow up the screen quickly has always been a large advantage in this game (with the exception of Bestiary, which I assume was your point); it does not require a timer to remain so.

To those who misunderstood or misinterpreted my sentiment (no it is not in reference to "movement speed," lol!), I consider the following to be a key PoE flaw which merits addressing:

Builds which are designed to kill slowly but safely are punished heavily in this game. That limits the choices you have for competitive builds. (And no, faster clearspeed does not always have to be a prerequisite to competitiveness. Survivability at the cost of clearspeed provides its own, situational, advantages. The ARPG genre is no exception.)

Yes, of course you can roll with the punches and do exactly what GGG is limiting you to do in this new league, but since when is that a reasonable defense for "GGG is limiting choice in their own game?"

Think about it. Timers as a League mechanic not only ignore this problem with the game; They actively make it worse.

Since when do fewer choices make an ARPG more interesting?
Wash your hands, Exile!
"Don't Tread on Me"
So, when will we see an alternative to ascendancy that uses the time travel mechanic to allow us to visit Izaro and the Goddess back when he was alive and stronger, she was separated from him, and they fought side-by-side instead of her on his shoulders?

Make the actual fight with Izaro and the Goddess less trivially easy and make the process of ascending actually enjoyable for a larger proportion of your players.

No long maze with trap gauntlets, no enchants, just a challenging trial-by-combat in which a player earns the right to challenge Izaro through a series of battles of escalating difficulty.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
The fact that the lead developer has to resort to cheap excuses to justify poor execution of a league just goes to show how low ggg has fallen.

They used to be able to dveleop two leagues at the same time (sc/hc) and had no issues meeting deadlines in doing so with less people and the same time constraints.

Now they are doing the same with more people and each league implementation is shittier than the previous one.

Don't forget to support. Bullshit ain't cheap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info