Xbox Demotivating Players Market on Xbox One

It’s pretty simple. Low population with more drops means more available items. I have no idea how binding multiple flasks to a button will improve anything market related.

Im looking for a sai for my build. On the market, there are currently 8 for sale. Not 8 pages. 8. None have the stats I’m looking for. Only 1 is even higher than lvl 75. 1. Looking at the essence I need. 5 for sale. Again, not 5 pages, just 5. You’re suggesting that since we can play without the items we want to improve our characters with, it shouldn’t be an issue? Streamers can run red maps so no problem here? How many maps do you think I’d have to run to get a good sai base and enough essence and mats to craft the item I want since I can’t buy them? 500? 1000? Come on man, does that sound fun to you?

Yes, the game is playable without items on the market, but it takes a lot of the fun away when there is no way to accomplish gearing goals. If grinding it the only option for gearing your character, the game will appeal to a far smaller audience.
If my enjoyment of the game is due to RNG...

I got lucky and was able to buy a much needed item for my build this League. I had tried, very unsuccessfully, to farm it, to get the Beast I needed for its Unique class, etc.. No luck.

So, finally, someone lowered their price on the item and I threw all my Chaos at it and got it!

I need at least three more necessary Uniques before my build will be viable for moving into late-mid-game and, maybe, mid-game....

That will not happen.

Why?

Without a decent Marketplace that can make up for the capriciousness of the RNGods, my enjoyment of the game and my frustration levels will be entirely up to.. RNG.

So, must I just play a phys-melee tank build every League in order to have a shot at actually reaching somewhere close to end-game?

Probably.

Even then, I probably won't get to complete an end-game gear selection with such a generic build. Why? Those drops are first going to go to those in the end-game. Only after they then get another that they don't give to a friend, but decide to sell, will it reach the marketplace to the few undeserving noobs, like myself, to cough up end-game money for... end-game money we don't have, since we can't get to "end-game" without the gear. :) A greater number of players participating in the market would help offset that vicious cycle, somewhat.

Fixit -

Allow PC Players "copy" their accounts, for free, over to XBox as a one-time free service.

Some would likely try it out and might like playing "console style." There'd still be plenty who stayed exclusively on PC, but some solo-players and the like might like XBox and might even have friends who'd rather play on Xbox than PC. Win/win all around for XBox'ers and GGG. (They, at least, don't care where the money comes from.)

"We" can't solve the Marketplace problem - It needs "participation" and that will only come with more players. (OR, shennanigans by GGG to help us out.)

Oh well, if I play hard, fast, and grab as many Map mods as I can handle, I might get a shot at amassing enough Exalts to get one of the needed items before the league is over, but only because there are many more dangerous mobs in maps than usual. Diefest for currency drops - Youbetcha.
If GGG is reformulating all as old gems that almost nobody used, it cost nothing to also reformulate the game system, for example, 4 jewelry per 1 fuse, I think it is wrong, since they are 2 alteration for 1 jewel, because not 2 for 1. Vorici costs 150 fuse for (5L), what the reason for being 1500 to be (6L), could not be 1000-1200?

Trade market with automatic acceptance option equal to the amount paid for the item should exist.
That filter with more advanced search options.
As for the price relationship, I never had much problem with this, since most of the items I bought sold almost half the price to raise money soon, I know that there are exorbitant prices, but there are also offiliner players that will be priced in the media, just search.
Last edited by stark_47 on May 14, 2018, 5:08:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info