Xbox Demotivating Players Market on Xbox One

Hello everyone, it has been disruptive and disheartening the disproportionate values ​​by which Xbox Live players have announced their items in the game market. It has been increasingly difficult to build builds on the XBOX POE. EVERYTHING IS VERY EXPENSIVE!
Worse, like cancer spreading, this has discouraged thousands of players, who like me, have migrated to the POE PC and others who have simply given up. I created this post with the intention of alert for this practice to change. That we use the prices worked in POE TRADE for example. Let's enrich the experience on the consoles and stimulate the game on the platform!
Just enter the Site: http://poe.trade and compare the prices worked and the complete discrepancy between the platforms.
I know that the PC platform has a much larger base of players and a greater competition in the domestic market, but let's be sensible in at least buying prices to keep the game alive.
Last bumped on May 14, 2018, 5:07:20 PM
This won't change a thing. I told everyone this would happen before the game was ported to console, then in its early stages I constantly pointed out the signs of the market being ruined by idiots but everyone chose to defend said idiots (spouting gibbering about free market and supply and demand, apparently them barely managing to pass a high scool business class makes them economic masterminds) so things just snowballed downhill from there.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
I agree that there's no such thing as "balanced" in a free and open market if that market doesn't have enough participation to prevent wild price swings or monopolies.

However...

It could be fixed.

But, fixing it would require GGG to "cheat." :) They'd have to both manipulate the market by introducing items using ghost-accounts and set floating ceilings for the price on certain items based upon a compromise between XBox demand/population, PC stats on popular builds, and general economy health weighted against opportunism.

Opportunism, itself, isn't bad. It's bad when it keeps others from having a "choice." When RNG rules the day and a player can't get an item necessary for the build they've chosen, simply because they're a victim of RNG, they are at an unfair disadvantage when faced with a very small marketplace.

This is against the interests of GGG, no matter how much they want the marketplace to "run itself." It can't do that on XBox until enough players play for enough time... Players won't do that if most can't get the needed gear for their chosen builds that are, largely, determined by notable PC players.

We need a "This build is easily doable on XBox" forum. ALL* the builds I have played so far in POE are unfinished simply because I can't get the needed gear for them that PC players are literally swimming in... (I haven't been playing Standard because Leagues seem to be "where it's at." But, I might just say "screw Leagues" until the player-base is big enough to support their markets. (I have no idea if Standard has a healthier marketplace or not.)

* Edit: I play fairly often, but like to do all the quests, so I don't "speed run." So, I end up not progressing as far as some. Was just starting double-digit Atlas Maps in Bestiary and feeling happy about my chances at "End Game" when this darn @$%@$ League "broke" normal Bestiary League... GG me?
Last edited by Morkonan on May 9, 2018, 10:07:07 AM
"
KakarottoKF wrote:
Hello everyone, it has been disruptive and disheartening the disproportionate values ​​by which Xbox Live players have announced their items in the game market. It has been increasingly difficult to build builds on the XBOX POE. EVERYTHING IS VERY EXPENSIVE!
Worse, like cancer spreading, this has discouraged thousands of players, who like me, have migrated to the POE PC and others who have simply given up. I created this post with the intention of alert for this practice to change. That we use the prices worked in POE TRADE for example. Let's enrich the experience on the consoles and stimulate the game on the platform!
Just enter the Site: http://poe.trade and compare the prices worked and the complete discrepancy between the platforms.
I know that the PC platform has a much larger base of players and a greater competition in the domestic market, but let's be sensible in at least buying prices to keep the game alive.

I agree that players in the xbox live should work together to build a strong and good market, even using the poe trade as an example. The greed is extreme there, people don't even want to consider lowering prices to close deals, that is a shame because the platform will lose players like KakarottoKF. The player base will drop down, and the game will die eventually.
I'll be moving to pc after beast league if not all we for this reason. 15 exault for a 6 link carcass jack, 2.5 exault for viod battery wamd. This league I played an ice bowman to level 86 and now running a blade vortex shadower at level 85 I haven't had a single exault drop,running teir 9-13 map currently all with alcs on them. No exaults.
"
bobbort wrote:
I'll be moving to pc after beast league if not all we for this reason. 15 exault for a 6 link carcass jack, 2.5 exault for viod battery wamd. This league I played an ice bowman to level 86 and now running a blade vortex shadower at level 85 I haven't had a single exault drop,running teir 9-13 map currently all with alcs on them. No exaults.

Why don't you drop some carcass jack then 6link and sell it for us for 5ex ea on market? We are waiting.
That was probably the only 6link carcass on the market so it's very reasonable price as long someone find a buyer.

I hit 83 on my main, and dropped items/coins worth like 8ex. It drops very often items that are pricy on market.
Last edited by jaav on May 10, 2018, 5:00:02 AM
I think you're missing the point.,on pc this is a 30 chaos item the wands I me toned are 5-10 chaos. Nope, it isn't the only one, if I remember correctly there are 9. There is 1 at 7 exault but I guess the guy is never on. I had the offer submitted for days. I accept almost every offer I get. If it is an item I'll never use no reason to hold onto it and let it drop to standard where I never play
I play HC SSF on Xbox and i play trade leagues on PC....as an SSF player if things are priced so high on the market it just gives you more of a reason to farm for those items, not complain about how much the prices are. The prices are so high because its all demand and no supply. If people can hit level 100 on SSF it clearly means some items are worth farming for and others are not.
It's an economy so it has it's own rules. The prices are generally higher because the item base for sale is much lower and we don't have here the full market available. The market like in PC POE consists of people that want to sell, and people that want to buy. and that boosts the market liquidity which decreases the spread for the bo/sell offers. (the higher liquidity the lower spread, because the offers with higher spear will not reach an agreement).

Here in Xbox version we have only the seller market. you may ask why? Because you may communicate to the world what you want to sell, but you cannot (in any way) communicate of what you want to buy! Another thing is that how we set our prices for the bo? we check what are the current bo offers, and that's the wrong approach to a non liquid market, since the offers that are in market value are not visible there the only that remain are the offers that haven't met the agreement! :)

So we got only players that sell, but without information on what are the trade prices ! I think this could be improved by one of 2 things:

1. if there was an information on the average price that the item was sold for in the past week (only without enchantments)
2. if we had the option to place a buy offer.

Then the market should decrease the spread a bit.

Advice with example:
if someone wants to sell the bloodseeker for 35 chaos, and could see that someone else wants to buy it for 2 chaos, then if a new player (like me) that doesn't have the knowledge/exp in buying things then i could assume that i have to reach an agreement somewhere in between, finally i was able to buy 2 of them for a 10 chaos price (each), which is not that far away from the pc version price (at least that's what i think), and far form the highest available offer of 35 chaos, but it took me like 3 days to get that deals and ~20 or more offers to set, and get rejected :)

If you want and advice when you see the item you want just offer to those that don't have the bo offer, and place an offer equal to the poe.trade, and do it until you succeed. After all there might be some players that will then check the poe.trade and see that's it's a reasonable price.
dude an exalt is 55 c
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info