Development Manifesto: Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

"
deadunion wrote:
I'm sorry it wasn't received as well as ggg had hoped.

GGG is kinda trapped since Breach league. It will be difficult now to do leagues with other mechanics than monster density/loot rain. Seems nobody remembers what leagues looked like before.
lol, I understood the exact opposite that what will happen.
I though bestiary will stay and it won't.

that sounds bad because it wasn't a bad idea at all.
the real problem was the difficulty to catch a mob (the net was slow and, most important, couldn't be launched while doing something else). Most of time you killed it too fast, or too slow (you killed it just after it enraged).

it wasn't a league content, but a core content. you really should add that into an expansion and not into a league.
"
AsbelFar wrote:
"
deadunion wrote:

GGG is kinda trapped since Breach league. It will be difficult now to do leagues with other mechanics than monster density/loot rain. Seems nobody remembers what leagues looked like before.

Yeah and three months cycle is also lethal.

Diablo used to have 6 month cycle with just resetting ladder and still very popular.
FUCK NO ! NO BESTIARY !! FUCK !
Thank god.
Now please add Frey as a Forsaken Master, so we can use some of these recipes.
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
AsbelFar wrote:
"
deadunion wrote:

Yeah and three months cycle is also lethal.

Diablo used to have 6 month cycle with just resetting ladder and still very popular.

I felt Breach was super boring and recycling it in Harbinger and Abyss, was the worst thing ever. Lost any interest in these leagues a few weeks in.

Crafting needs a lot of love, bestiary was a possible way there. In future crafting remains dead in this game, just terrible decision making and I don´t understand why GGG listens to a minority of their playerbase that is nothing but vocal.

That´s how D3 was ruined and POE is on a good way towards that as well. Just sad, as I am sure the developers have a lot of cool ideas, but instead of going a new path, it´s just the same stuff all over again.
just updated the game and now it keeeps crashing everyh second i enter in it ! wTF
"
TonyCo wrote:
just updated the game and now it keeeps crashing everyh second i enter in it ! wTF

If that's immediately after an update, try repairing your client.

Sending an e-mail to techsupport@grindinggear.com and / or posting in Technical Support is probably going to get you more help than posting in a thread about GGG's plans for the game's future.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
the salt in this thread yummy

chris claimed the upcoming league will be the new "crowds favorite". i look forward to it.

e1

i for one hope for more leisure in guild management. wouldnt hurt to add a few more roles with more or less administrive powers.

i hate you redditors, you know who you are
Last edited by Merluza on May 8, 2018, 8:53:57 AM
the Bestiary items will become legacy items?
thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info