[3.3] The Grave Digger - Volatile Dead Auto-Miner / All Bosses, All Map Mods

currently level 70 an i am struggling on tier 3 maps, wondering what im doing wrong.

https://pastebin.com/2FHgm9ZC

it seems to take too long for zerphis flask to start ramping up the hp, and if i start taking big hits from the enemies around me im toast, i die often, im still clearing maps but leveling up is a pain because i keep losing exp from the frequent deaths. any suggestions as to what im doing wrong?
"
adddemon wrote:
currently level 70 an i am struggling on tier 3 maps, wondering what im doing wrong.

it seems to take too long for zerphis flask to start ramping up the hp, and if i start taking big hits from the enemies around me im toast, i die often, im still clearing maps but leveling up is a pain because i keep losing exp from the frequent deaths. any suggestions as to what im doing wrong?

There's a few things going on here that can be corrected simply by following the guide more carefully. Start with the Gameplay Tips section—if you're still having trouble after taking that advice into account let me know and we'll sort out what's going on.
"
kechari wrote:
"
adddemon wrote:

There's a few things going on here that can be corrected simply by following the guide more carefully. Start with the Gameplay Tips section—if you're still having trouble after taking that advice into account let me know and we'll sort out what's going on.

thanks for the quick reply, im going to go over the tips section more closely and let you know the results after i have checked some more boxes so to speak
"
adddemon wrote:
thanks for the quick reply, im going to go over the tips section more closely and let you know the results after i have checked some more boxes so to speak

No problem. Broadly speaking, you mostly just need some more meat on those bones. Finish up those ascendancies and dump the points you free up into health ASAP. Swapping over to mines too early and with a low health pool is very, very spooky.
Hey man, awesome build! Level 80 so far and I have to say that it's a total boss destroyer. The leveling curve is pretty hard tho like others said. Did you try or consider swapping elemental focus for another gem (like trap and mine dmg) in order to shock with the lightning damage from both Shimmeron? Doing so with your PoB link would give 425k dps per ball.
"
phil4Abeer wrote:
Hey man, awesome build! Level 80 so far and I have to say that it's a total boss destroyer. The leveling curve is pretty hard tho like others said. Did you try or consider swapping elemental focus for another gem (like trap and mine dmg) in order to shock with the lightning damage from both Shimmeron? Doing so with your PoB link would give 425k dps per ball.

Glad it's working out for you!

Regarding ele focus: POB simply assumes that shocks are applied at full effect (50%). I'm not sure what Shimmeron shocks would work out to in actual practice against something like a Shaper Guardian, but would they be at full value? I'm skeptical.

That said, I don't think Trap & Mine Damage is a bad choice necessarily, just a slightly worse one. It's not single target where the build is lacking so much as general zippiness—which is something where every last scrap of laying speed actually matters.

I had a quick peak at your character's profile (unsolicited I know, sorry about that) and noticed that you have Blade Vortex equipped on your Shimmeron. BV will trigger the Shimmeron degen, so I recommend pulling that out.
"
kechari wrote:
"
phil4Abeer wrote:

Glad it's working out for you!

Regarding ele focus: POB simply assumes that shocks are applied at full effect (50%). I'm not sure what Shimmeron shocks would work out to in actual practice against something like a Shaper Guardian, but would they be at full value? I'm skeptical.

That said, I don't think Trap & Mine Damage is a bad choice necessarily, just a slightly worse one. It's not single target where the build is lacking so much as general zippiness—which is something where every last scrap of laying speed actually matters.

I had a quick peak at your character's profile (unsolicited I know, sorry about that) and noticed that you have Blade Vortex equipped on your Shimmeron. BV will trigger the Shimmeron degen, so I recommend pulling that out.

Well i'm glad you looked! Shock is based on the amount of damage dealt as far as I know and the amount of lightning from both Shimmeron while at maximum power charge is quite high. But i'm a bit low level to try it on end game bosses and that would be a pain for you to test because of the color needed.
I'm really looking forward to a video of you doing Uber Elder with your build, if you had that planned!
Very nice build, the damage is beyond my imagination!
"
Did you do use Vorici to force Farrul's Fur to be 5 blue?
I was thinking of using beast craft to force the 1st 3 to be white then vorici to force the remaining...

Whats your crit strike chance when all the buffs are up + diamond? Just curious on jewelry how to weight elemental damage vs critical strike chance vs multipler

Yes, I used Vorici + Jeweler's. Landing the first 3 blue sockets is super trivial, so I'm not sure what the advantage of beastcrafting would be beyond having a more versatile Farrul's at the end of the day (which ain't nothin').

POB should be your go-to when trying to figure out precise weighting for your character. Just keep in mind that POB doesn't take the crit buff from Kalisa's into account, so you'll need to edit in "+2% Critical Strike Chance" somewhere.
Last edited by kechari on Apr 23, 2018, 7:09:10 PM
About Farrul, are you sure it's really the good armor for that build? Fenumus shroud looks better for dps (15% increased damage taken and -10% all res, even while removing the frenzy charges, and cat's stealth is not permanent, unlike the debuff from spider), is better for regen (100 ES/s, 150 with arakaali, while you are only losing ~30 HP/s from the missing life from farrul), doesn't fuck with scold, and still gives a huge defensive mod (-10% damage taken and hinder nearby targets).

It's also much easier to color and much cheaper. Ok, you are losing the mana reservation, but is 25% of maximum mana such a big deal?
Last edited by Keyen on Apr 24, 2018, 5:34:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info