[3.3] The Grave Digger - Volatile Dead Auto-Miner / All Bosses, All Map Mods

What are you dying to and at what depth? Thoughts off the cuff for a tankier version (apart from ToH / Zerphi):

- Focus on shield use; save the wands for instances where it's safer to push damage
- Consider Loreweave or a physical damage taken as X element chest
- Defensive flasks over diamond for especially high damage mods

There's going to be a hard cap for how deep this build can delve at any budget, simple due to how much damage scaling is thrown at you. I expect a pure Pathfinder version with a load of ele conversion could go deepest, but would eventually hit a wall since we can't run purities.

Regarding laying speed: you can swap out Trap and Mine Damage for Controlled Destruction—it's a damage hit for sure, but imo the difference is noticeable.
Last edited by kechari on Sep 26, 2018, 1:43:03 PM
Sadly i looked into all those avenues. Im not sure, some purple golems deal some nasty ass damage around the 70s mark delves. Im assuming its the -60% chaos resist we have. Ive since cleared it by swapping to shimmerons the moment that phase comes up to burst them down before they burst ME down.
I've already invested into a 5link +1 to active chest. I'm looking at Loreweave but maybe later after i get more currency. My priorities now are a recovery belt, Dying Sun, ToH, Zerphis in that order. I feel like i have excess resistances right now. Might be worth to replace the Div Distillate but i feel like the incr. max resists might serve better for survivability.

I do believe i just need a life recovery rate which a belt may remedy.. There might be a need for something like Grace with the sheer amount of potential one shots i feel like i'm encountering in Delve. But im not sure if its worth it because of how taxing the build is on mana. I mean i would try if i had zerphi's + fevered for sure.

And yeah, i mean i don't really feel a concern so far during mapping except when im lagging and i cant see if my flasks are going off when i need them to (personal problem lul but thankfully only every now and then) but with Delves... I just sit in the centre of the encounter spam mines and hope for the best.

I may just need to look into something else with more survivability. Might take a break from the build, see about my first elehit character. Might be tankier with all that evasion and larger life pool. Also can spec into MF, which will contribute to the Zerphi for this character.

I'll look into Controlled Destruction perhaps. Thanks.
Atziri's Splendour is suitable for this assembly? +100 Life gained on Kill will work with Volatile Dead?

Hi there,

Randomly saw your build, and wanted to test it... i had a few spare exalt for zerphy but suddently a wild timeworn key and guess what it gave me !

So i've spent my money for other part of the stuff ! :D

I already had a good 6L inpulsa and didn't know what to use or to buy (at decent price) so i gave it a try : the damage are already over the top so the aoe explosions are not that efficient like on other build, but shock immunity, shock effect, global damage boost are good to take. ^^ (the shimmerons add lightning damage so no problem with killing shocked mobs even with just the unearths projectiles) edit : just notice the "YOU have shocked", so i'm wrong i was probably shocking when i had a shock nova in a cwdt early on.
I was wondering about a very big armour but colors would be long to get and the final reduction don't seems to be that good... friend talked about a classic lightning coil for the conversion physical damage taken to lightning, but i'd have to manage with lightning resist... so for now i stick with inpulsa. (edit : found the messages talking about lightning coil, so i'll keep it in mind for later ^^, just forgot it was armour/eva, so better gather some jewelers first... but that means some armour to mitgate scold bridle too)

BTW Aul's uprising with "anger reserves no mana" is 50 exalt atm... so i'll stick with essence worm until i get big luck !

Level 74 atm, damage output is excellent, just the whole build a bit tricky to take in hand, especially in the mine (learn to time the flasks and check the mana and check the mobs and check the cart) but it'll be fine in a few level i guess.

Actually i'm reading all the messages since begining of the thread to get some infos, so i don't have a lot of questions yet but one considering the skilltree :
-on far right of the shadow you go to the big wheel with clever construction & highexplosives. Why don't you take the Devastating Strikes node ? Either on pob or your lobster from previous league you don't take it... The wheel is a complete circle so you could keep the mine laying speed node that leads to clever construction and keep on that way, take trap&mine crit chance (20%), Devastating Strikes major node (50% crit chance, 40% increased detonation area of effect), trap&mine crit multi minor and back to high explosives.
You remove 2 minor mod 16% mine damage each, you take 2 minor node for 20% crit chance & 15% crit multi to get a major node for 50% crit chance.

And btw, can anyone confirm that detonation area of effect grants pretty nothing to us except maybe VD /unearth more likely to aim further away mobs ?

edit : ding level 80. Now got it smotthy. 27K damage tooltip, 75K with buffs. Multiplied by whatever number of balls... Anyway to know how long a ball last and how fast we cast the mine ? I doubt the cast time on the tooltip mean anything...
For now my only fear is to get hit, not that i may die, but i don't know what it'll do to me. It's a huge level more rampaging than dual poetpen VD. I'll say hi once i get some more level and tried some big bosses.
Last edited by CaMarchePas on Oct 4, 2018, 3:37:29 PM
Bit slow on the reply here, so not sure how much of this is still relevant. That said:

"
CaMarchePas wrote:

Level 74 atm, damage output is excellent, just the whole build a bit tricky to take in hand, especially in the mine

Yes, keeping up with the cart without stepping over various on-death effects can be tricky; my advice here would be to not worry so much about keeping pace with the cart if you're in a sketchy area. You'll have more than enough regen to proceed slowly and tank the darkness from well behind the cart.

The upside is that the build excels once you're at delve checkpoints themselves: very easy to position yourself away from mobs and pump out VD orbs from behind frost wall.

"
Why don't you take the Devastating Strikes node ? Either on pob or your lobster from previous league you don't take it...

You certainly could. The build is extremely point-strapped, however, and I value crit chance less than health or multi elsewhere. Not a bad choice to take it by any means.

"
And btw, can anyone confirm that detonation area of effect grants pretty nothing to us except maybe VD /unearth more likely to aim further away mobs ?

Yes, detonation radius increases the range at which VD will target mobs. Quite possible that it has greater utility in delves—might be worth experimenting with.

"
edit : ding level 80. Now got it smotthy. 27K damage tooltip, 75K with buffs. Multiplied by whatever number of balls... Anyway to know how long a ball last and how fast we cast the mine ? I doubt the cast time on the tooltip mean anything...

Sustained DPS is easy to calculate, but you're right: orb duration does make "burst" damage more difficult to ascertain.
Last edited by kechari on Oct 14, 2018, 6:06:54 PM
Level 85 and 80 ex enough to make the seap over? Tried this at the beginning of the league and couldnt sustain.

Would this be enough to tur this into a bosd killer or whould I be better off going for another build?
Boss killing is where it excels. I've found it uneven for Delving generally (which is why I haven't recommended it for 3.4), but it can still global bosses. Budget-wise, you've got more than enough for a Zerphi's, which is the main thing.
Last edited by kechari on Nov 11, 2018, 8:33:53 PM
Still viable on 3.5?
"
FinYuna wrote:
Still viable on 3.5?

I'm rough testing on 3.5
It's not bad.

vs Uber Elder 1min35sec Kill
https://youtu.be/-E5kDlDIwKI

vs Shaper (Not optimized)
https://youtu.be/PXLS6WmE_rM

PoB
https://pastebin.com/qwWsTrSh
Last edited by AKANE_PoE on Feb 2, 2019, 9:49:45 PM
"
"
FinYuna wrote:
Still viable on 3.5?

I'm rough testing on 3.5
It's not bad.

vs Uber Elder 1min35sec Kill
https://youtu.be/-E5kDlDIwKI

vs Shaper (Not optimized)
https://youtu.be/PXLS6WmE_rM

PoB
https://pastebin.com/qwWsTrSh

I saw your video on reddit, that seems nice so far :D I was wondering if there is any mechanic that wouldn't also work if i tried the build as lowlife?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info