[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

3.3 Update?
"
Balantakos wrote:
3.3 Update?

Yes. Soon :)
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
It will be sad to lose the more damage multiplier of trap support, but from another point of view we will be able to sustain our damage all the time against anything that survives more than few seconds, enjoying our no cooldown ball lightning traps now :)
So less burst damage more steady state damage.
And from a quick look the loss of reduced speed helm enchant will be balanced by the increased BL damage.
I think I will try to follow that build without using chain reaction, by increasing trigger aoe to 224%, in order to enjoy both perma blind and elemental damage penetration of sabo nodes.
And whenever I will have a lot of currency I'll try to switch to LL with shav.
"
engharat wrote:
It will be sad to lose the more damage multiplier of trap support, but from another point of view we will be able to sustain our damage all the time against anything that survives more than few seconds, enjoying our no cooldown ball lightning traps now :)
So less burst damage more steady state damage.
And from a quick look the loss of reduced speed helm enchant will be balanced by the increased BL damage.
I think I will try to follow that build without using chain reaction, by increasing trigger aoe to 224%, in order to enjoy both perma blind and elemental damage penetration of sabo nodes.
And whenever I will have a lot of currency I'll try to switch to LL with shav.

I'm thinking something similar with trigger aoe. I wondering if scion sab/ele is better though.
IGN: dwreckedarc
"
mmogamr wrote:

I'm thinking something similar with trigger aoe. I wondering if scion sab/ele is better though.

I made a PoB tree with LL in mind, asking myself for one hour if sab/ele would be better then full sab, and I see that:
- In my ES based tree, I don't wanna start from scion area - I actually remove 4 points from starting scion area as soon as I can start the tree from shadow. This means that I would not exploit better reach possibility of scion.
- Going scion sab/ele means getting 1)10% ele pen, 2)increased herald effect, 3) 2 golems, 4)10% increased damage from shocks 5) immune to reflect . But:
1) good
2) waste bonus
3) we already have a BUNCH of buttons to press, and I do not wanna add 2 golems buttons; if going with cwdt+golem+golem, well, I feel already gem slot starved as LL trapper.
4) we need to apply 0.1% of life as lightning damage in order to apply a shock and to benefit the minimum 10% shock effect; this means 18k dmg with one hit against bosses like shaper. I don't know if I will be able to produce that dmg with ball lightning hit.
5) waste bonus
So at the end it would be just for 1), and MAYBE for 4).
Let see the bonus of going full sab w.r.t. going scion:
1) traps can trigger an addictional time 20% of time; this means like "enemy takes 20% more damage".
2) 10% elemental penetration from explosive expert, and some nice area bonus for BL
3) 10% reduced damage from anything; this means actually having 10% more EHP.
4) a lot of increased damage by having 15 traps on the terrain during boss phases.

So, at the end, the trade off between those two are 2 hard-to-be-used golems, "enemy takes 10% more damage" by a shock that i'm not sure that could be applied and 3 skill points from SCION, and 20% more damage by additional traps / 10% more life / a bunch of increased damage from FULL SABOTEUR.

At the end of my reasoning, I'm pretty sure I wanna be full sabo!

Last edited by engharat on Jun 1, 2018, 6:10:19 AM
Scion Sabo/Pathfinder is also an option though. Bit of ele penetration and some more zoom zoom from flasks, and some help with flask sustain.

Or deadeye, though don't get that much other than free pierce and an extra proj.

If anything, Scion Sab/Inq, but real Sab seems better unless you have perfect gear already.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
GGG adds lots of new cool trap / support gems, also huge buffs the arc.
Do you plan to run current build or make a new similar build for running coming 3.3?
Such as Arc Trap / Seismic Trap / Siphoning Trap and so on.

I feel it would be very busy to spam different kinds of traps for trapper...
"
Chocodisco wrote:
GGG adds lots of new cool trap / support gems, also huge buffs the arc.
Do you plan to run current build or make a new similar build for running coming 3.3?
Such as Arc Trap / Seismic Trap / Siphoning Trap and so on.

I feel it would be very busy to spam different kinds of traps for trapper...

He is planned on Arc trap.
CantripN - Please share your leaguestarter build <3
IGN: Rhviid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info