Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

Also if u want to kill atziri safely, buy a watcher eye with 40-50% reduced ele reflect with purity up, then get sybil lament ring,and use the yugul pantheon for 100% + reduced ele reflect

then u can safely fire balls at her whatever clone and not get insta fragge by the mirror clone.

can also do this to run ele reflect maps u vaal'd and cant reroll or something

took 28 xoph to farm my first heart, then next try i got one again haha.
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
"
ThecNiqueMan wrote:
"
Camaron wrote:
why does op uses gmp instead of culling strike on frenzy? any advantage?

Maybe OP didn't need the additional attack speed and only wanted more chance to hit enemies while bodyswapping (mapping).

for mapping id just buy some gloves with corrupted elmental weakness on hit.
I use sadima's touch with it for MF while mapping.
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
I don't understand how combustion works with increasing dps for this build? We don't ignite very well do we?
Freezien
So, I have followed your guide in Incursion to lvl 90. My tree is I think identical.

But in order buy all the gear you recommend to complete the build would cost me today at least 20ex.

I think it should be clearer in your front page that this is a (very) expensive build.

I can't get my dmg anywhere near yours in pob without your gear.
"
azndecoy101 wrote:
I don't understand how combustion works with increasing dps for this build? We don't ignite very well do we?

i believe gmp-unearth-combustion only ignites if you have avatar of fire via the tree (2 pt investment, it's really close to the final build) or a xoph's as it gives avatar of fire. unearth does phys dmg and this converts half of it to fire + you deal no fire dmg, so you can ignite off it or so i believe. i could be mistaken

edit: apparently anger procs ignite, you do not need avatar of fire. thanks macsdf1

"
So, I have followed your guide in Incursion to lvl 90. My tree is I think identical.

But in order buy all the gear you recommend to complete the build would cost me today at least 20ex.

I think it should be clearer in your front page that this is a (very) expensive build.

I can't get my dmg anywhere near yours in pob without your gear.

honestly a ngamahu's tiki amulet worked quite well for the time i used it. farmed lab efficiently, mapped easily, so on so forth. you just need to spec to avatar of fire which is like a 2 pt investment without the xoph's so you get avatar of fire so combustion works. correct me if i'm wrong, but i think you need avatar of fire to trigger combustion if you put it in with gmp and unearth. i only got a xoph's when i went for uber elder. not having the enemies covered in ash and the missing dmg pen + extra like 10 fire res hurts but it's just icing on the cake honestly.

edit: you do not need avatar of fire to proc combustion support as long as you have anger. thanks macsdf1

the helmet on the other hand is pretty big and sadly has no real good replacements; just get lucky running lab yourself or grind out 5 exalts for the helmet w/ the enchant.

the jewels can be pretty expensive but you can shotgun search them with dmg while dual wielding, fire dmg, area dmg, spell dmg, % life. throwing res on there gets the jewels expensive, but if you go for 2 dmg types and %life it's like 80-120c for a jewel. and 7% life is super expensive but 5%'s work just as well. i got lucky corrupting poet's pens so i have a bit more damage, but you're fine without it. just grabbing a cheap watchers eye with leech while affected by anger is insane, even if it's poorly rolled. i used a 1.07% leech for ages until i cared enough to divine it higher (got lucky and rolled pretty high leech but poor life%)

if you want to res cap and dodge those expensive jewels with res, just grab rare boots, drop unyielding, and go with the cannot be slowed asc. yeah you lose some damage but i feel like you can gain most of it back with cast when damage taken/ball lightning/curse on hit/flammability. not as valuable for bosses but it's a budget variation for a reason. i also finished off capping my dex with one jewel + my devoto's so i didnt need any dex on any other piece of gear. the second dex jewel i have was slammed on, you only need one jewel with dex with a high devoto's roll. i think it was 64 devoto's + 8 dex jewel was a perfect 111 dex. you can also grab the +15% all res node near marauder start for 2 pts (12% armor -> 15% all res) if you need more res if you don't want to rely on endurance charges to cap res
Last edited by thegame42069 on Jun 29, 2018, 11:59:01 PM
what do you think about Loreweave instead of Kaoms heart?
Freezien
"
azndecoy101 wrote:
what do you think about Loreweave instead of Kaoms heart?

for what my opinion's worth, i don't really see a need. you lose a lot of hp and i don't really know what you would throw in the extra sockets/links. it's a good chest but the crit chance doesn't seem to be relevant since ele overload seems to always be up with the amount of balls spawned from vd one's bound to crit, the ele dmg is nice but not necessary, the mana is useless, es is whatever, don't really need the extra attributes, but the resist part is really nice though you lose a lot of life and i really don't think the sockets/links it gives you really adds much. im sure you could make it work i guess but honestly the pure hp of kaoms heart is just insane so your frenzy+curse is eh imo oh and kaom's heart has a good amount of fire dmg so the ele dmg is more or less irrelevant, it's just a few %s higher than kaoms which is whatever. this build seems to be built on insane tankiness and not insane damage (though the damage is still decent)

if you want to run a curse i'd suggest curse on hit/ball lightning/flammability or whatever curse you want/cwdt. a couple pages back i saw a guy post his gear with this setup and i thought it was pretty nifty so i did it as well. and then the generic helmet links would be frenzy/gmp or cull/faster attacks/blood magic and gloves are herald of ash/purity of ice (if uber elder, can be anything else otherwise)/enlighten 4(uber elder, anything else otherwise)/anger. you can kinda put your sockets/links where ever really but i don't really see the benefits of the extra links/sockets a loreweave provides and how it could improve on this build. that's a loooooot of hp missing
Does the life leech from watchers jewel really make a difference? it leeches a lot? cuz they VERY expensive
"
Camaron wrote:
Does the life leech from watchers jewel really make a difference? it leeches a lot? cuz they VERY expensive

haven't played without one for my jugg but i want to say yes, the leech is insane. it's playable without it i'd imagine but doing red maps with high damage mods/facetanking things like guardians probably won't work. the leech lets you be really lazy and take a lot of damage and restore your hp really fast. just grab the cheapest watchers eye with fire dmg leeched as life while affected by anger and divine it if it's a low roll. should only cost 1.5 or maybe 2ex + however many times you feel like throwing a divine on it
"
azndecoy101 wrote:

It lowers enemy fire resistance, which will boost our Volatile Dead damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info