[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

"
Ladoona wrote:
Loving the build so far mapping is super smooth, sadly the endgame is kicking my but. I get one shot a lot by elder and his guardians and seem to degen a lot during those fights. Any advice?

Thanks for the kind words.
Let's see, I'll take a look at your profile.

One thing to raise your dmg reduction is simply putting Fortify on your leap slam. 20 dmg reduction is pretty fun stuff XD. You can just drop 1 link on the totem for it if you like or put your portal gem on a weapon swap (which is what I do).

I take it you do not use the HH belt for boss fights like that b/c it doesn't contribute. You can swap to belt of the deceiver for budget defense or throw money at the screen and get an elder belt with +life recovery rate, max life %, resist (if needed), and so on. I personally did not do this step until I fought the Uber Elder.

Another option is when fighting high end bosses, simply swapping haste with grace offers a lot of defense as well. A stibnite flask is also super great to just drop that smoke screen right on the boss with the evasion from grace.

As for the degen, I'm a little curious as to what you mean exactly. I do not want to assume any of your personal tactics so if you can detail it out a bit more, I'll help with what I can.

Again, I'm glad you are enjoying the build and I hope this info helps.
"
Vashseden wrote:

As for the degen, I'm a little curious as to what you mean exactly. I do not want to assume any of your personal tactics so if you can detail it out a bit more, I'll help with what I can.

What I mean is in most of the elder guardian fights i seem to be degening a lot I don't know if they are putting a dot on me or what they are doing but I seem to suddenly start loosing all my health very quickly and have no idea what it is.
"
Ladoona wrote:
"
Vashseden wrote:

What I mean is in most of the elder guardian fights i seem to be degening a lot I don't know if they are putting a dot on me or what they are doing but I seem to suddenly start loosing all my health very quickly and have no idea what it is.

I'm sorry. I'm honestly not aware of any serious degen in the fights other than trying to facetank the boss and dying before you kill it. Again, I'm not trying to assume your tactics but knowing how much damage you can do with your set up vs how much punishment it can take depending on which attack the guardians are doing is different from just degen.
So which of these build variants would you go with if you were to play it as a new league starter on HC next league?

"
zankioh wrote:
So which of these build variants would you go with if you were to play it as a new league starter on HC next league?

Thanks for the interest in the build.

Well, I personally have not done the build in hardcore yet.

I definitely think it is 100% viable.

I honestly was asked this question before and since have come up with a couple of answers:

Option 1: You can choose the safe version of the build linked in the guide with lgoh/life leech and vaal pact. I would only recommend using grace as an aura for safety. I'm just a very cautious player on HC myself. The extra evasion is really great.

Option 2: https://pastebin.com/9XbLgM3c

I had some downtime and made this build. I switched off of raider, in favor for jugg for constant endurance charges, longer immortal calls and just all round tankier. I also took out crit in favor of Resolute Techniques. The damage takes a big hit, however, it is WAY more than enough to league start and then after you farm currency and want to switch to a map/boss destroyer, you can respec to raider and start switching over to crit and balancing survivability and damage more.

It's totally up to you. Again, I'm just a cautious player and with the tankier option, I know I can have fun and worry less about gaining currency and starting a league off. If you do not have path of building and this pastebin link is like voodoo magic to you, let me know and I'll link a passive tree for option 2.
Just going to chime in here to say I can't believe I found this build so late in the league. It really makes me sad because this is the most fun I have been having in a while with this game.

This char is just so fast, so simple and so powerful. Granted, I haven't hit 80 yet and I know the content is going to start slapping me around but I honestly don't care because I am having fun zipping around, obliterating packs as my golem tries to keep up.

My health is a little low at the moment and I have some big upgrades to do (helm enchant, final ascendancy, vulnerability gloves, etc.) but I plan to sell off some stuff from my other chars to get it because this is the char I want to play for the rest of the league.

In fact, I think I'm going to start the next league with this build!

Alright, with all the gushing praise out of the way, a couple of gripes. 1) I have to play without sound occasionally to take a break from all the explosions from the boots. 2) My potato laptop can't always keep up with the fast interactions of the char and I wind up dead. 3) Sometimes I feel like I'm moving too fast.

Thanks OP for the wonderful build. If you see any major things I did wrong please shout them out. Cheers.
I've been messing around with several builds for starforge but I like yours the best. Did you change anything up with your 2pc farruls? Currently using that and it feels extremely good.. though I think I am going to drop thiefs torment and use vitality with a watcher's eye as that opens up both rings to huge damage increases
"
EaterOfBabies wrote:
Just going to chime in here to say I can't believe I found this build so late in the league. It really makes me sad because this is the most fun I have been having in a while with this game.

This char is just so fast, so simple and so powerful. Granted, I haven't hit 80 yet and I know the content is going to start slapping me around but I honestly don't care because I am having fun zipping around, obliterating packs as my golem tries to keep up.

My health is a little low at the moment and I have some big upgrades to do (helm enchant, final ascendancy, vulnerability gloves, etc.) but I plan to sell off some stuff from my other chars to get it because this is the char I want to play for the rest of the league.

In fact, I think I'm going to start the next league with this build!

Alright, with all the gushing praise out of the way, a couple of gripes. 1) I have to play without sound occasionally to take a break from all the explosions from the boots. 2) My potato laptop can't always keep up with the fast interactions of the char and I wind up dead. 3) Sometimes I feel like I'm moving too fast.

Thanks OP for the wonderful build. If you see any major things I did wrong please shout them out. Cheers.

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm really glad you enjoyed the build. I believe the build is a wonderful league starter and go for it <3.

To address your gripes:

1- Hahahaha

2 - Time to start doing some ASMR on twitch and buy a new computer (bad joke)

3 - You get use to the speed the more you play. However, if you truly want to slow down a little, just replace Haste aura with Grace. You'll be "tankier" and not give up too much damage and movespeed.

The build has a lot of variants to it depending on budget and goals in game you want to achieve. I see you are using culling strike for more attack speed I assume. That's super nice for mapping and a great way to add on some flavor for you.

Once you get Uber lab done and move some passives around, I think you'll like the build even more. Thank you again for your post and if you have any questions, please ask away.
"
vehx wrote:
I've been messing around with several builds for starforge but I like yours the best. Did you change anything up with your 2pc farruls? Currently using that and it feels extremely good.. though I think I am going to drop thiefs torment and use vitality with a watcher's eye as that opens up both rings to huge damage increases

Hiya, thanks for the kind words.

I switched over to the Kitty 2pc just for Uber Elder. I was trying to keep the build as budget friendly as possible up to that point and not knowing what will happen to beast league after this league, I'm not sure what will happen to the price, so I probably will make a seperate like "All your money goes here" variant of the build haha.

That being said, I agree with the Farrul's set being super nice for evasion/blinds (swapping out damage on full life for increased crit strikes to push the blind chance even more) / and insta power and frenzy charges. Overall you lose DPS but the quality of life definitely goes up. I did buy a pretty sweet Elder belt with +18% life recovery rate throwing up the life leech rate a nice bit and picked up a sweet crit amulet for push more damage out than the daresso's salute, giving up range for boss killing potential (uber elder only again)

With the idea of Vitality and I'm assuming the +LGOH Watcher's Eye or Life recovery rate:

The thought had crossed my mind on how to possibly incorporate these into the build. The Life recovery rate one, while really nice, costs a pretty penny (16ex+) b/c you are competing with RF rolls and since RF is the current flavor of the month, the popularity will remain for awhile. I didn't want most people playing the build to see that option and think "I'll never get that so I am not trying to build"

Now for LGOH, You would definitely be getting up to 50% of the LGOH vs thief's torment which is great when you address the leech rate cap in the build and tack on some good life lecch as well. This will definitely open up the build for more damage with some dank ass Steel rings or even Mark of the Elder / Shaper ring combo. Going this route even opens up the possibility of putting Assassin's Mark on hit on a shaper ring, giving you a choice on Vulnerability on hit vs Assassin's mark depending on what the market has to offer, what you craft, budget etc etc. More reliable crit again helps farrul out.

The trade off would be either dropping 1 of your auras for this to happen.

It really just depends on your overall goal with the build. This option would net you more damage and more critical for a considerable amount of more currency. The only question is the goal it is intended to achieve. If it is mapping, then you are throwing a ton of currency for a very small overall gain (unless the boss's HP get's buffed later in another patch/league etc etc) The build just simply crushes all that content already. Guardians and shaper are a joke as well. However, if you are farming them and making currency off those runs etc etc, going the farrul's route would be great overall. The set up for Uber Elder is also good, however, when switching to vitality you will either lose Evasion (you really want this) or purity of ice (you really want this).

Sorry, I was honestly having this conversation with someone a couple days ago in discord and wanted to fully explain my train of thought.

If you have the cash to spend and want to push the build and see a higher critical chance stacking version with the awesome roar of a kitty, I'd say go for it. Try out Uber Elder with it, go MLG and whoop his ass, send me a video and I'll feature you XD.

Yeah, depending on how hard it will to obtain the kitty cat armor in the next league, I'll probably just throw up a variant for those of us that have some extra cash and just want to become less budget.
Hey there. I did pure ele raider cyclone in bestiary and enjoyed it. This build looks great, just wondering if its viable in upcoming hardcore race. Seems like most items are relatively easy to obtain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info