[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

"
Vashseden wrote:

1 - To sum it up, You kill everything including bosses so fast, that tanking for the 1-3 seconds (if that) is a breeze. Try out a tankier version if you are new and want to dip your toe in the water before jumping in.

2 - The tankiness of the build compared to a standard Slayer cyclone build is only the difference of getting Vaal Pact or not in the build. If you want more of a face tank quality, grab Vaal Pact when mapping. The speed on the other hand, this build has way more of and can clear maps a lot faster.

3 - You're worrying too much. If mapping is the goal, all variants of the build will crush all maps while providing tons of speed.

4 - Follow the guide. The only thing I'll add is, getting a good/cheap other options weapon in my guide is a great start. Making sure you cap resists and the rest is in the guide.

5 - No offense, this forum post is about my guide and questions and discussions about it. Please do not ask for adverts for other guides in it. It's really tacky and does not show any respect for the person who puts time to offer information to the community about a build in general.

I get that you want the best experience POE has to offer and you are interested enough to read guides on how to do that. If you want to educate yourself, try downloading Path of Building. A ton of builds out there offer pastebin codes to the builds. You can simply punch them in and see the offense/defense (for the majority) of builds and make an informed decision.

I hope this helps.

Thanks so much for answering my questions. I want to apologize for asking about other builds, my bad. I do have Path of Building and have been playing with a ton of different builds, but thanks for the good advice. I will definitely be starting with this build and following the guide best I can.

I think I'll definitely go with the tankier version to start with Vaal Pact and decide from there how I"m doing. Once again, thanks for this really great guide and answering all my nooby questions.
"
sethers656 wrote:
"
Vashseden wrote:

1 - To sum it up, You kill everything including bosses so fast, that tanking for the 1-3 seconds (if that) is a breeze. Try out a tankier version if you are new and want to dip your toe in the water before jumping in.

2 - The tankiness of the build compared to a standard Slayer cyclone build is only the difference of getting Vaal Pact or not in the build. If you want more of a face tank quality, grab Vaal Pact when mapping. The speed on the other hand, this build has way more of and can clear maps a lot faster.

3 - You're worrying too much. If mapping is the goal, all variants of the build will crush all maps while providing tons of speed.

4 - Follow the guide. The only thing I'll add is, getting a good/cheap other options weapon in my guide is a great start. Making sure you cap resists and the rest is in the guide.

5 - No offense, this forum post is about my guide and questions and discussions about it. Please do not ask for adverts for other guides in it. It's really tacky and does not show any respect for the person who puts time to offer information to the community about a build in general.

I get that you want the best experience POE has to offer and you are interested enough to read guides on how to do that. If you want to educate yourself, try downloading Path of Building. A ton of builds out there offer pastebin codes to the builds. You can simply punch them in and see the offense/defense (for the majority) of builds and make an informed decision.

I hope this helps.

Thanks so much for answering my questions. I want to apologize for asking about other builds, my bad. I do have Path of Building and have been playing with a ton of different builds, but thanks for the good advice. I will definitely be starting with this build and following the guide best I can.

I think I'll definitely go with the tankier version to start with Vaal Pact and decide from there how I"m doing. Once again, thanks for this really great guide and answering all my nooby questions.

It's really no problem at all. I will always try my best to answer any questions on the build. I hope you enjoy the playthrough and have fun! <3
How is it against bosses in arenas like Sunken City/Belfry/Lava Lake? Did GGG fix cyclone stopping on every little rock or is that still a problem?

Also, do you think I could play this in Flashback league? Keep in mind that I am pretty stupid and the best I could do on melee was like T9-10 several leagues ago.
"
Karyoplasma wrote:
How is it against bosses in arenas like Sunken City/Belfry/Lava Lake? Did GGG fix cyclone stopping on every little rock or is that still a problem?

Also, do you think I could play this in Flashback league? Keep in mind that I am pretty stupid and the best I could do on melee was like T9-10 several leagues ago.

Cyclone is no longer the rock toe jammer it use to be at all.

In short:

- Those maps are really easy and FAST

- Yeah to Flashback. Absolutely.

- This build is hopefully stupid proof. I've had a kind individual that message me about the build as this is his first build ever in POE and he did quite well with it for literally just starting the game.
Alright, I'm trying this for Flashback then, thanks!
Noob question here but, can you use multiple pure talent jewels to get stacking effects?
"
Vudoodude wrote:
Noob question here but, can you use multiple pure talent jewels to get stacking effects?

Hiya,

the Pure Talent Jewel is limited to 1 at the moment. Would be really fun if it wasn't (insert 100 amazing meme builds) but yeah, atm, only 1 can be socketed.
"
Vashseden wrote:
"
kaytray wrote:
Played a build like into early maps, goes through most stuff without worries. However I do run into quite significant issues when there is loads of chaos based damage abound. Using a mostly unique setup (some rares while working up cash for full setup), which means a current -60 chaos res. Are there any suggestions to solve this? Been thinking about adding a few chaos res jewels, or just change the rares I still use into chaos res items, but would love to hear better options to sort some survivability.

Thank you for the question.

Now, I want to answer this without sounding like a complete elitist POS. I would comfortably say that roughly 98% of the builds in this game, do not address chaos resist at all outside of a Hardcore situation.

So the first questions are how new are you to the very few things in this game that actually do chaos damage and are you playing softcore or hardcore?

If playing softcore, again I'm not trying to sound like a superior being, is to simply get better at fighting mechanically against the very few enemies that can dish out any threatening chaos damage in the game.

If playing hardcore, the softcore answer stands and I would add, you CAN get 1-2 rares in the build that have some chaos resist. A little bit of resist goes a LONG way in terms of mitigation.

I really do not suggest putting stock into the chaos resist with this build personally. I've never had a single issue with it and unless GGG changes the way chaos damage hits the character (which has actually gotten better over the years), I do not see my perspective changing on it.

Again, you can add it in if you are playing hardcore and want to be as safe as can be. Can't fault you for never wanting to die, I just do not think it's necessary.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your take on the situation. I am playing softcore (because paying attention all the time won't ever happen) and as such I can definately deal with the occasional deaths and as you say, git gud. I suppose it's mostly how easily everything melts away util I run into a red beast with chaos damage and I have to actually be careful for once.

"

Thank you for your take on the situation. I am playing softcore (because paying attention all the time won't ever happen) and as such I can definately deal with the occasional deaths and as you say, git gud. I suppose it's mostly how easily everything melts away util I run into a red beast with chaos damage and I have to actually be careful for once.

For sure, red beast throw some RNG for chaos into the mix. You will eventually get to the point though that you will just zoom through red beasts as well with the build.

Just respecced my slayer/raider reave guy and stole my AW gear (Yay Starforge) to try your build before Flashback, absolutely loving it!

One question... Any thoughts on getting through uber lab quickly? Obviously Iz is not a problem, but I have to focus a lot on traps and its slow going. Ryslatha helps, and I'm thinking a second non instant life flask as well as basalt. another option I thought of is Stoneman Golub, but that would require some gym color switches. Also not using blood rage before running through a section of traps. Anything I'm missing?
Last edited by Perce79 on May 1, 2018, 9:21:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info