[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

So I dont know if this was already covered, but I have a question.

Why use Herald of Purity? Swapping for Flesh and Stone is much more dps, or am I missing something?

If my question is dumb, please consider, that i am fairly new to PoE and the hole PoB tinkering.
Last edited by SackmaD on Apr 30, 2020, 6:09:02 AM
"
SackmaD wrote:

Why use Herald of Purity? Swapping for Flesh and Stone is much more dps, or am I missing something?

If my question is dumb, please consider, that i am fairly new to PoE and the hole PoB tinkering.

It's been discussed in the thread, I wondered the same some time ago. This is how I see it:

What flesh and stone mostly does is that it gives maim. In the build we have maim-support linked to our totems so we get maim from there. If we replace HoP with flesh and stone, we do get more dps to cyclone but less overall dps when you have all buffs and totems up and we have double maim-support from the maim-support gem and flesh and stone (useless). It's true that when mapping with mostly cyclone only, there's more dps with flesh and stone than HoP. But do we need more dps for mapping since everything melts away in nanoseconds anyway. Where we do benefit for more dps is bossing and that's why it's better to keep HoP running. HoP is also useful in some variations of the build which use Circle of Guilt ring instead of Mark of the Elder.
Hello all,

Sorry I've been lurking a bit over the past week or two while swamped with work and battling being sick (Getting sick during this time was a whole new level of freaked out). I have only had a few hours each week time for gaming and spent that with family/friends.

It great to see all the paths taken with the build and the great communication between everyone here. FeelsGoodMan.

"
patouskii wrote:
"
SackmaD wrote:

It's been discussed in the thread, I wondered the same some time ago. This is how I see it:

What flesh and stone mostly does is that it gives maim. In the build we have maim-support linked to our totems so we get maim from there. If we replace HoP with flesh and stone, we do get more dps to cyclone but less overall dps when you have all buffs and totems up and we have double maim-support from the maim-support gem and flesh and stone (useless). It's true that when mapping with mostly cyclone only, there's more dps with flesh and stone than HoP. But do we need more dps for mapping since everything melts away in nanoseconds anyway. Where we do benefit for more dps is bossing and that's why it's better to keep HoP running. HoP is also useful in some variations of the build which use Circle of Guilt ring instead of Mark of the Elder.

This is a question I've seen come up a couple of times too. While this answer is mostly correct, my original take on using Flesh and Stone - Maim VS HoP came down to the end game ring choice. The Circle of Guilt Ring ends up replacing Mark of the Elder in my set up and thus HoP gains a great benefit from the ring plus ultimately saving a link with flesh and stone - maim and throwing in on the many totems that will always proc it when needed.

Also, idk who else has tried it but another set up I like running Gem link wise is swapping the Helm with the Totem set up.

so the new links would be:

Helm: Vaal Ancestral WC - Ancestral protector - Multiple totems - Maim

The weapon you had your 3L totem in: Blood rage - Precision - Dread Banner

Pros:

More dps on bosses/focused mob. You throw out protectors for w/e you want while moving about. On a boss you throw out Protector then hit your VAC and go to town.

Cons:

Losing Enhance (especially for Dread Banner)
Last edited by Vashseden on Apr 30, 2020, 9:10:10 AM
"
Vashseden wrote:
Hello all,

Sorry I've been lurking a bit over the past week or two while swamped with work and battling being sick (Getting sick during this time was a whole new level of freaked out). I have only had a few hours each week time for gaming and spent that with family/friends.

It great to see all the paths taken with the build and the great communication between everyone here. FeelsGoodMan.

Glad to see OP back again. Sick ? Covid ? lol

There are some updates should be made on the first page :P
"
ByCrom wrote:
"
Vashseden wrote:
Hello all,

Glad to see OP back again. Sick ? Covid ? lol

There are some updates should be made on the first page :P

Haha. Thanks. I was worried about it being Covid but I just usually get a huge sinus ordeal around this time and Z-Pack it up etc but this time was a bit worse than usual.

Umm, What did you have in mind? I've thought on it I should add in a section titled: Cluster Jewels and the Build

Something along those lines. I might add in some more f.a.q. questions. Anything else come to mind?
Thanks for all the answers for my question. Another one i stumbled across, swap increased duration for phase run or is this another thing that was already covered, personal preference or obviously dumb? Again not much expirience with PoE speaking.
"
Something along those lines. I might add in some more f.a.q. questions. Anything else come to mind?

I will send to you via pm :)
"
ByCrom wrote:
"

I will send to you via pm :)

Cool. I added some of the information in a Cluster Jewel Section and some more F.A.Q.s.

I've been trying to brain storm how to update/refine the POBs and many options the build has and such on the front page but I feel most people that commented on it in the past, do not see the hurdle of the task.

I want a:

- League starter set up
- Transition of gear after your starting template has been made
- If you want to stay Slayer/Raider
- If you want to 2H vs DW
- If you want to go Berserker/Raider
- Transitions into Min/Max territory
- Cluster Jewel additions

I actually do feel like this is the minimal amount of clear paths for the build and for what most people will utilize. However, I feel if I put all of this in 1 POB with many dropdowns and notes, it might be even more confusing.

On top of that, Transitioning from Thief's torment / praxis rings to mark of the elder/shaper ring to shaper rings to Circle of Guilt ring falls into a seperate territory that I feel should be it's own thing.

I've tried to include insight to each of these set ups and tried to include a Core to the build that allows for experimentation and personal choice. Idk, I've just pulled an all nighter w/ work and need to rest. Feel free to hmu with thoughts on ideas for those that would like to see the post improve and I'll try and address what I can.
"
I've been trying to brain storm how to update/refine the POBs and many options the build has and such on the front page but I feel most people that commented on it in the past, do not see the hurdle of the task.

I want a:

- League starter set up
- Transition of gear after your starting template has been made
- If you want to stay Slayer/Raider
- If you want to 2H vs DW
- If you want to go Berserker/Raider
- Transitions into Min/Max territory
- Cluster Jewel additions

I can give you a abyssus/aspect of the cat variation POB

LoL

Report Forum Post

Report Account: