How to sustain maps and currency?

I dislike Bestiary League, so Im currently playing on Standard. Ive never mapped in the red tier before, so I wanted to give it a shot.

In these forums many players say: Get your atlas and your map pool started, then it will sustain itself. This is not true for me: Ive ran about a hundred red maps during the past weeks and the numbers of red maps keep getting lower and lower.

I chisel, Zana mod and add fragments to every red map. In Standard Ive got 158/157 atlas bonus. I stopped using sextants, when I ran out of them.

Some people say: If you are not getting map returns, use your currency returns in these maps to buy new ones. Problem: What currency returns? My chaos pool over these 100 maps is reduced from 1600ish to 900ish, because Im buying maps and using Zana's mods.

Its standard league, so I do have a perfect legacy biscos.

What am I doing wrong?
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2018, 3:33:58 PM
I have the same experience since Atlas of Worlds dropped. Anything red is unsustainable for me, so I constantly have to run T8-T10 maps until I get a red drop, then run that and back to T8-T10.
I guess that was their intention, because it hasn't changed since then.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
first of bisco ( or IIQ on items in genral ) does not help with Map drops ( only more currency drops ), only IIQ from Map/Zana/Frags increase the map drop rate

- CHISEL all red Maps
- alch all red maps
- get pack 20+/75+ quant ( use your chaos )
- use Zana mods ( personal i use it on T13+, but since months i only run T13+ too, maybe earlier? )
- the only mods which are worth it are Bloodlines / Beyond / Harbinger
- use your Frag For T15/T16 maps ( i dont see a point to use those on T11-13 Maps IMO )

and for some reason i heavliy doubt what you wrote ...

My drops from my last 18 maps (7xt16 // 2x t15 // Rest T11-14 for Elder hunt ), yeah i always dump everthing in one tab and when its full or i call it a day i clean it and i see if i lost or made a profit ( and in 95%+ of the cases i made profit )

30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Last edited by KillerKrug on Apr 9, 2018, 6:09:28 AM
Similar experience here. I have no trouble sustaining anything up to T10, and I do get enough T11 drops to run those fairly regularly. Occasionally I may run into a dry spell with very few map drops, but then I get 5-8 maps dropping from a single run, and it evens itself out over time.

But getting even a T12 to drop has been very difficult so far. It seems that as soon as I enter the red map tier, map drop frequency goes down significantly.

That said, I'm playing SSF, and so far I have attributed those difficulties to my lack of resources; I don't have the means to add 2-3 sextants, 3 fragments, zana mods, and full chisels to every map. Sad to hear that even with all those resources, you cannot sustain red maps.
"
KillerKrug wrote:

- CHISEL all red Maps
- alch all red maps
- use Zana mods ( personal i use it on T13+, but since months i only run T13+ too, maybe earlier? )
- use your Frag For T15/T16 maps ( i dont see a point to use those on T11-13 Maps IMO )

Is this from default T11-15 maps, or do you run specific maps more frequently (perhaps ones that you shaped up?)

I'm asking because I'm pretty much using this exact strategy, except that I use Zana Bloodlines (or double Beyond) from T11 onwards (sometimes T10), and never got high enough to make fragments seem worthwhile. I alch every map (even white ones), I chisel all red maps, and I always have 20+ pack size and good quantity.

So far, I've dropped two T12 maps. That's it.
Last edited by Psyringe on Apr 9, 2018, 6:29:00 AM
"
Psyringe wrote:
"
KillerKrug wrote:

- CHISEL all red Maps
- alch all red maps

Is this from default T11-15 maps, or do you run specific maps more frequently (perhaps ones that you shaped up?)

I'm asking because I'm pretty much using this exact strategy, except that I use Zana Bloodlines (or double Beyond) from T11 onwards (sometimes T10), and never got high enough to make fragments seem worthwhile. I alch every map (even white ones), I chisel all red maps, and I always have 20+ pack size and good quantity.

So far, I've dropped two T12 maps. That's it.

mostly random maps... i think at the start i did 3x gorge + sextant ( not sure too )
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Shaper/Elder influence also increases your potential to drop higher tier map so use it.

Anyway it´s still rng based even if you are pumping currency into it but don´t stop running your maps.

It will get better sooner or later.
Last edited by Rakiii on Apr 9, 2018, 6:56:55 AM
"
KillerKrug wrote:

- CHISEL all red Maps
- alch all red maps

and for some reason i heavliy doubt what you wrote ...

I know Bisco doesnt affect map drops. In that section, I was talking about my currency.

I already do that to all my red maps. I use one fragment for 12/13/14 and 3 for 15, Ive never completed a T16 by myself.

And your "doubting" is my problem: Many people doubt me, saying "im doing just fine". But its not working for me. My chaos pool is steadily sinking.
"
Vias_Myton wrote:
I dislike Bestiary League, so Im currently playing on Standard. Ive never mapped in the red tier before, so I wanted to give it a shot.

In these forums many players say: Get your atlas and your map pool started, then it will sustain itself. This is not true for me: Ive ran about a hundred red maps during the past weeks and the numbers of red maps keep getting lower and lower.

I chisel, Zana mod and add fragments to every red map. In Standard Ive got 158/157 atlas bonus. I stopped using sextants, when I ran out of them.

Some people say: If you are not getting map returns, use your currency returns in these maps to buy new ones. Problem: What currency returns? My chaos pool over these 100 maps is reduced from 1600ish to 900ish, because Im buying maps and using Zana's mods.

Its standard league, so I do have a perfect legacy biscos.

What am I doing wrong?

it might helps you, i keept track on every drop ( not included are chaos orbs... becuase for what ever reason ZANA takes the orbs always from that tab and not currency tab ...

51 Maps ( mostly Tier 14-15 )
chisel + alch + (chaos) + Harbinger + 3 frags on every map + (Master sextants on like ~60% of the maps) = so each map cost me around 15c + the map itself

"
Vias_Myton wrote:
I know Bisco doesnt affect map drops. In that section, I was talking about my currency.

I already do that to all my red maps. I use one fragment for 12/13/14 and 3 for 15, Ive never completed a T16 by myself.

And your "doubting" is my problem: Many people doubt me, saying "im doing just fine". But its not working for me. My chaos pool is steadily sinking.

well its not that i doubt you rly, just that your point of view maybe is abit wrong (?)... i always thought i make a huge loose and i dumbed everthing is the right tabs from the beginning. but since i keep track on what i used and what i "gained (dump tab)" i see that i get a profit in most cases

"
in my example for easier calulation

i paid 1600/1700 chaos for all my 51 maps
map cost = 765 ( i jsut used 15c per map, even to its cheaper becuase i run a few t13/14 aswell )
chisel = 81
alch = 20
reroll = 40
harb = 306
master sex = 350
noon = 51
dusk+dawn = 51

vs

"

T16 Maps = 490 c
T15 Maps = 345 c
T14 Maps = 130 c
T13 Maps = 48 c
T12 Maps = 24 c
T11 Maps = 1ß c

so just with the maps alone i got 1055 chaos back, so 500c left ( and my currency drops alone are waaaaaaaay more than that

Last edited by KillerKrug on Apr 9, 2018, 3:19:19 PM
There is only 2 ways to sustain maps and currency by playing this game.

#1 is stream Path of Exile
#2 http://pathofexile.com/purchase spend alot of money here(1000s)

There is strategies you can use to break even when buying maps that's about all.
If anyone claims to sustain maps they are doing either #1 or #2 or they play a few hours and get some returns and call it sustaining LOL.

Another note is #1 and #2 players was sustaining maps before sextants, before vaal orbs, before zana mods and before the atlas.. Seriously how can they explain that? #1 and #2's will make you feel like you doing some thing wrong like there is some sort of "technique" or "strategy" to rolling your maps. The truth is these guys can run unrolled maps and sustain their map pool and currency.

Before sextants, zana mods, atlas etc people were sustaining 100s and 100s of high tier maps. I know cause I was one of their #1 buyers. They would claim they had tabs and tabs full of high tier maps I believed it too since I would buy from 30-70 maps at a time.

I recall in either the most recent turmoil or mayhem race. UberElite streamer was sustaining red maps mostly t14 promenade at the time by just running magic maps. The guy had more then a tab full at the time also I run dual monitor so I can watch streams as I play :)

Now let's the #1 and #2's post and say I'm wrong to try and cover up their advantage GG
WTB Map drops since 2013
Last edited by d2trust on Apr 9, 2018, 3:21:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info