[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

get corrupted blood inflicted in resistance and ailment potection mastery
How the hell do I get life leech? I removed every item in provided POB except sword and he has 653 life leech/on hit rate, meanwhile I have 0. Any help here?

Edit: looks like I needed to play around with PoB settings a bit.
Last edited by Akrrr on Oct 27, 2021, 8:47:29 PM
Thanks for the build Devon,

I have tested it in scourge for myself and found out that it’s very solid even without optimal items.

—————

Just a feedback for 1st timers using this build, if you need more protection, dont hesitate to reallocate some stuff on the passive tree.

The elemental mastery that grants corruption immunity is amazing, and by going to this section of tree. You can grab unwavering stance and become stun immune (By doing this, you don’t need stun threshold from armor mastery).

Not to mention how good prismatic skin is in lategame content.

—————

Some downsides that I countered in early mapping is definitely enemies stunning you or lack of life leech due to not having base life leech on items, however if the cons are something that I can rectify with a few points on the skill tree, then this build is definitely beginner friendly.

I will recommend this to my friends who haven’t played much.
"
AegisEmperor wrote:
Thanks for the build Devon,

I have tested it in scourge for myself and found out that it’s very solid even without optimal items.

—————

Just a feedback for 1st timers using this build, if you need more protection, dont hesitate to reallocate some stuff on the passive tree.

The elemental mastery that grants corruption immunity is amazing, and by going to this section of tree. You can grab unwavering stance and become stun immune (By doing this, you don’t need stun threshold from armor mastery).

Not to mention how good prismatic skin is in lategame content.

—————

Some downsides that I countered in early mapping is definitely enemies stunning you or lack of life leech due to not having base life leech on items, however if the cons are something that I can rectify with a few points on the skill tree, then this build is definitely beginner friendly.

I will recommend this to my friends who haven’t played much.

What do you reccomend changing for Prismatic skin? Ive played around with my tree a bit and think ive got a decent tree setup.
Feel free to look at my build below and give me your thoughts! <3
https://pastebin.com/BbmKDwsk
Last edited by istrikerz on Oct 28, 2021, 1:52:08 AM
Could i get anyones Opinion on my current, build, ive deviated a little built from the guide to get more defensive nodes, and some different items aswell. So far i think im doing alright in yellow maps. Maybe boss dps is a bit low for slayer? Not really sure

Any tips is appreciated, where do i go from here? Currently all i think ive got left to get is 6link Starforge and Armour. After that whats the upgrades?

Cheers for your time and help!

https://pastebin.com/BbmKDwsk

Also incase your wondering, im currently using the lvl 1 precision as im waiting to get an Enlighten gem so i can afford to use the lvl 22 precision from Hyrri's!
Last edited by istrikerz on Oct 28, 2021, 1:56:11 AM
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
duabijitelur wrote:
so possible to get 100% chance to impale with some changes right

is it quite big difference with 92% and 100% ?

Definitely possible, though that final 8% is only worth ~3% or so. There are a handful of veiled modifiers enchants (I believe glove is one) which add ~10-14% chance or you could repath to Merciless Skewering instead of Forceful Skewering (although it requires at least one extra passive point).

Another interesting choice in the late, late game is making use of the Watcher's Eye mod 25% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks while using Pride, since it would also allow you to drop one of the Impale Clusters altogether, opening up three extra points to play with. While it's not the best mod for the build, it'd probably be a good deal cheaper than "perfect" ones, and gives you a few more points to play with.

-----------------------

Speaking of flexibility, I've been experimenting with an alternative setup which eschews the traditional Ranger side of the tree in order to pick up more life and defensive value in the Marauder and Scion starting areas.

Using Devon's gearset, the changes come out to ~14% less damage and 2 less AoE radius, in order to gain 9 extra fortification stacks (aka 9% additional reduced damage taken), stun immunity, ~5% more phys reduction, and 5-10% more health, while anointing Fatal Blade instead of Tenacity.

This is already a pretty good trade off, but what I like is the flexibility - there are more minor health, damage, and mastery passives which can be customized based on preference, whereas the standard build is extremely tight on points and has a hard time changing anything without giving up important notables. Some of the easy to customize points worth looking at include:

- Health in the Scion cluster and Marauder start.
- Unwavering Stance & Iron Reflexes.
- Prismatic Skin.
- 2% Life Regen while Moving (Life Mastery, I like it more than +10% health/-10% recovery).
- 50% increased effect of non-Damaging Ailments (with Starforge - Critical Mastery).
- 30% reduced extra damage (Armour/Critical Masteries).
- Bastion Breaker (taken for the chance to impale mastery).
- Butchery and Warrior Training (AoE) is an easy place to drop minor damage.
- The tree can be repathed for Destroyer at the cost of two additional points.
- Minor damage passives by Disemboweling, Dismembering, and Blade of Cunning. - Cluster Jewels in the lower left by Blade of Cunning.

I'm not saying it's better, and the main selling point (Rampart) is obtainable without dropping Ranger, but someone might find it interesting.

**This is an Import Tree link, not a full PoB paste - adjust jewels and anointments accordingly.**
No Ranger version: http://poeurl.com/drFb

I'm also putting together a similarly pathed Axe build using Atziri's Disfavour, which is slightly weaker still (depending on density & rage), but should be considerably cheaper than Starforge and may compete well with Hiltless in the "early to mid" endgame. Biggest downside is the loss of utility passives like increased Range or Frenzy Charges on Uniques, and the pathing feels a bit wasteful, but it does have built-in Onslaught and might make for a nice change of pace.

**This is an Import Tree link, not a full PoB paste - adjust weapons and jewels accordingly.**
Atziri's Axe version: http://poeurl.com/drGw

Hey so I've been looking at this and it seems interesting, but because pob has some bug with masteries where it basically allocates all of them to every node when you import the build it kinda pumps the damage too high. I tried reallocating all of them manually but I sorta had to guess what made most sense in some places, with fatal blade anointed and the extra jewel in (just slapped in a copy of the dmg one in) it comes out at 4.8m shaper dps vs 6.2m of the ranger side one.

That's almost a 20% drop in dps, but it could just be that I chose the wrong masteries. Also I don't know if it's a mistake in the post or in the tree, but you talk about rampart being the main plus but you don't get it, you get steadfast?

All in all very interesting, I think I like it more than the ranger one, especially with the baked in stun immunity and the possibility of getting 79% max res (80 fire) and cb immunity with 6 points

Edit: also, with the extra fortify stacks you get from steadfast wheel, wouldn't it be better to get the fortify on hit mastery and get another damage support? You lose 6 fort stacks (3 from not having the mastery, 3 from the fort on hit one) but something like conc effect are 800k dps. Worth thinking about imo
Last edited by Bibliotebarbarian on Oct 28, 2021, 10:35:06 AM
POB has Melee Physical Damage gem while the Written guide here have Impale gem
Which one should I use ?
I dont wanna sound negative or anything but this build is not only expensive but i highly doubt it reaches the POB numbers on consistent base to be worth it.

Not only Starfogre is highly outclassed item by now in crit builds but the amount currency you need to send especially on the watchers eye and jewels to barely reach enough life to survive is not worth it my opinion.

Im gonna try and se different weapons and get more survivability up or w/e because i really love the crit phys cyclone overall but it seems its not a good choice this league for high content.

So far its depressing how much this build dies from random mobs
Last edited by LivingHitokiri on Oct 28, 2021, 7:38:51 PM
"
I dont wanna sound negative or anything but this build is not only expensive but i highly doubt it reaches the POB numbers on consistent base to be worth it.

Not only Starfogre is highly outclassed item by now in crit builds but the amount currency you need to send especially on the watchers eye and jewels to barely reach enough life to survive is not worth it my opinion.

Im gonna try and se different weapons and get more survivability up or w/e because i really love the crit phys cyclone overall but it seems its not a good choice this league for high content.

So far its depressing how much this build dies from random mobs

This is true, for Scourge league where enemies have super high dmg and map modifiers may not be in your favour.

Other alternatives should be considered.

Edit: Especially as of 2 hours ago, GGG buffed scourge drops. Players should now play builds that can farm Scourge more reliably, trust me it's better for your league experience!
Last edited by AegisEmperor on Oct 29, 2021, 1:46:49 AM
I'm switching to toxic rain champion. I'm sure this build has been decent previously, or is nice for people that want to play something off-meta, but I'm getting frustrated with all the dying and struggling with red maps. My character isn't very optimized but I'd rather spend the few ex I have right now in respeccing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info