[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
devon752 wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:
These are just ideas of course; there's a lot of fun stuff on the tree now, and no way to possibly get all of it.
Yeah as I said it was still in the rough. And I remember you from before haha. Glad to see you back man. There's a lot of truth to what you said though so I applied these changes to the new and updated PoB (now with leveling trees!)

One thing I misplaced before was the Stun issue which I fixed with the new tree and I've reallocated some of the nodes that weren't optimal. I even took a little bit more defenses without losing any damage.

In any case thank you for the valuable feedback.

thanks for your work
"Ah, salutations my children... are you ready for your daily dose of smooth jazz?"
hey Devon, why you use fortify gem unstead fortify on melee hit in tree?
"
leonSans wrote:
It's the weight of 4 nodes vs the Fortify gem. Even if there's a difference it will be miniscule since the Fortify gem already gives 19% more damage. That means each of your 4 nodes needs to give only something like 3% more (which they do, even more). So in conclusion it's slightly better like this.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Hey new to the game (played Enki's Arc for the last few weeks of expedition). Would this be a good build to league start?
"
devon752 wrote:
"
leonSans wrote:
It's the weight of 4 nodes vs the Fortify gem. Even if there's a difference it will be miniscule since the Fortify gem already gives 19% more damage. That means each of your 4 nodes needs to give only something like 3% more (which they do, even more). So in conclusion it's slightly better like this.

Echoing Devon's comment; presuming you're building primarily for damage and aren't concerned with the defensive value of options like Steadfast and Prismatic skin, yeah - this setup is stronger, because it almost completely maxes out the available damage passives.

Unless you want to drop health, the "best" option is probably dropping Fortify Support and the two Impale clusters for Steadfast, Mastery, and Impale Support, which is a comparison of 19% More, 10% Increased, & 26% Impale Effect against 38% Impale Effect, 8% Chance to Impale, 1-2 minor crit nodes, and a variable amount of increased fortification - ultimately coming out to less damage, but slightly more defense.

If you want increased defensive value (and both of the aforementioned are strong), then it's a more complicated question, since you have to give up something to get there. If you don't care about range, your best bet would be dropping Brinkmanship (keep the 8% Frenzy charge stance on another mastery node and drop +3 range instead), which frees up enough points to take Steadfast and max fortification mastery for a 27% Fortify (29% with 1 more point) without any skill gem changes. There are a few other tricks you can save points on as well, like pathing to the left of Destroyer to save 2 points, but they all come at the cost of more damage.

Really, it's just a matter of tradeoffs. There's a lot of extra defense on the tree (inc. life, Steadfast, Prismatic Skin, Heart of the Warrior, 2% regen while moving), which could be very important but you have to give up damage to get them. On the other hand, you can also pick up ~5% more damage by dropping Brinkmanship & +3 Range for Bastion Breaker + 20% chance to Impale and trading Alira for 2 points into the Ranger-side Frenzy charge.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Oct 21, 2021, 8:13:20 PM
so possible to get 100% chance to impale with some changes right

is it quite big difference with 92% and 100% ?
"
duabijitelur wrote:
so possible to get 100% chance to impale with some changes right

is it quite big difference with 92% and 100% ?

Definitely possible, though that final 8% is only worth ~3% or so. There are a handful of veiled modifiers enchants (I believe glove is one) which add ~10-14% chance or you could repath to Merciless Skewering instead of Forceful Skewering (although it requires at least one extra passive point).

Another interesting choice in the late, late game is making use of the Watcher's Eye mod 25% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks while using Pride, since it would also allow you to drop one of the Impale Clusters altogether, opening up three extra points to play with. While it's not the best mod for the build, it'd probably be a good deal cheaper than "perfect" ones, and gives you a few more points to play with.

-----------------------

Speaking of flexibility, I've been experimenting with an alternative setup which eschews the traditional Ranger side of the tree in order to pick up more life and defensive value in the Marauder and Scion starting areas.

Using Devon's gearset, the changes come out to ~14% less damage and 2 less AoE radius, in order to gain 9 extra fortification stacks (aka 9% additional reduced damage taken), stun immunity, ~5% more phys reduction, and 5-10% more health, while anointing Fatal Blade instead of Tenacity.

This is already a pretty good trade off, but what I like is the flexibility - there are more minor health, damage, and mastery passives which can be customized based on preference, whereas the standard build is extremely tight on points and has a hard time changing anything without giving up important notables. Some of the easy to customize points worth looking at include:

- Health in the Scion cluster and Marauder start.
- Unwavering Stance & Iron Reflexes.
- Prismatic Skin.
- 2% Life Regen while Moving (Life Mastery, I like it more than +10% health/-10% recovery).
- 50% increased effect of non-Damaging Ailments (with Starforge - Critical Mastery).
- 30% reduced extra damage (Armour/Critical Masteries).
- Bastion Breaker (taken for the chance to impale mastery).
- Butchery and Warrior Training (AoE) is an easy place to drop minor damage.
- The tree can be repathed for Destroyer at the cost of two additional points.
- Minor damage passives by Disemboweling, Dismembering, and Blade of Cunning. - Cluster Jewels in the lower left by Blade of Cunning.

I'm not saying it's better, and the main selling point (Rampart) is obtainable without dropping Ranger, but someone might find it interesting.

**This is an Import Tree link, not a full PoB paste - adjust jewels and anointments accordingly.**
No Ranger version: http://poeurl.com/drFb

I'm also putting together a similarly pathed Axe build using Atziri's Disfavour, which is slightly weaker still (depending on density & rage), but should be considerably cheaper than Starforge and may compete well with Hiltless in the "early to mid" endgame. Biggest downside is the loss of utility passives like increased Range or Frenzy Charges on Uniques, and the pathing feels a bit wasteful, but it does have built-in Onslaught and might make for a nice change of pace.

**This is an Import Tree link, not a full PoB paste - adjust weapons and jewels accordingly.**
Atziri's Axe version: http://poeurl.com/drGw
Last edited by Archimtiros on Oct 22, 2021, 4:27:33 AM
23 minutes until we slay the demons.

Rip and tear!
"
Coffeegrinds wrote:
23 minutes until we slay the demons.

Rip and tear!

RIP AND TEAR!!!
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Hi Devon !
On your 3.16 PoB I would like to know how you manage to have enough intelligence for the infused channeling and the concentrated effect :|
Thank you for your answer, and thank you for your guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info