End game is only sustaining red maps. Fun?

Last edited by solidghost on Apr 4, 2018, 6:11:47 PM
Pull elder influence to the yellow maps on the side u want to mostly grind at, let him spawn, extend it to the red maps on that wing.

Boom elder and shaper influence will be bouncing between those maps.

They add a ton of extra mobs to the maps.

EZ sustain.

And yeah, people with level 8x chars as their highest ever should have no idea how red maps work, it is not possible to fall back to T7 from T11 because if you've built your pool properly, then you have very massive amount of maps between T7 and T11.
Last edited by krenderke on Apr 4, 2018, 7:21:31 PM
I find Sustaining 13s 14s 15s 16s is very hard compared to 8s 9s 10s 11s.

For example I get about 1 t15 from 10 t14s on average.
Though I get about 5 t11s from 10 t10s.

"
Nephalim wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can not sustain at least T11 if not higher unless youre solo self found. Every map you do will net more than cost used to do it.

That's not be true based on my recent league experience.

Purchased 20 T11s. Eventually ran out of red maps. I had over 130 on the altas completion.

Alched every T11, chiseled anything T12+, T13+ got chiseled + vaal + sextant.

The last straw for me this league, was running 4 T13 maps with over 130% IIQ rolled with 3 sextants stacked, and didn't get a single red map drop. Rolling Zana mods on maps is almost always going to be a guaranteed loss on a corrupted map. IMO, you either go for corruption, or you spend 2c on the cheapest Zana mod.

I was selling T8-T10 maps for 2-4 chisels a piece, and still couldn't sustain red maps. Once I got into using master sextants on red maps, I was guaranteed a loss if I didn't get at least a couple of same tier or higher maps per run on those maps. I didn't even recover the master sextant costs on those 4 T13s I ran. Once I actually crunched the numbers, I figured out that it was actually really easy to lose currency on maps. For those 4 T13s to be profitable, I would have had to get at least 2-3 T13 drops back + 2-3 T14-15 maps. That might happen if you're *really* lucky, and I mean really freaking lucky, but that's by no means going to be the average over any large sample size.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 4, 2018, 8:00:02 PM
"
BL1P wrote:
I find Sustaining 13s 14s 15s 16s is very hard compared to 8s 9s 10s 11s.

For example I get about 1 t15 from 10 t14s on average.
Though I get about 5 t11s from 10 t10s.

Seem about right for me as well. For T14s, I alch + chisel + vaal/or zana mod (Zana if I get high IIQ with the alch), then lay down 3 sextants. If I don't have at least a 50/50 shot at getting a T15 map when I roll a T14 map with those kinda mods, then I don't even see what the point is? What's the point of even playing? Where is the supposed end game content?

Nobody in their right mind can claim that's sustain. Nobody. I had to sell a lot of lower tier maps just to get the currency to properly roll the higher tier maps. And when I did roll them, I got little returns for my investment. Consistently. Not every one had elder/shaper influence, but a lot of the maps I ran did have one or the other. I literally did everything the "here's how you sustain" people are claiming, and it's never worked for me.

I'm not touching PoE again until they up drop rates of red maps.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 4, 2018, 8:26:25 PM
"
Godwar wrote:
You are only level 84. Expecting to be swimming in high tier maps without putting in the effort is silly.

some builds can do shaper in lvl 80 ish, and for sure you can chaining t15
"
rndt_t wrote:
"
Godwar wrote:
You are only level 84. Expecting to be swimming in high tier maps without putting in the effort is silly.

some builds can do shaper in lvl 80 ish, and for sure you can chaining t15

That's for the trade scammers with mirrored gear, like the guy who had 3 low level toons with 2 mirrored weapon and no quality on his flasks, not realistic, but if you have enough currency in a trade league, then everything is possible.
Level 92 necro, lost enough exp to easily be level 95. Because I stopped caring about leveling and fought bosses that people who cared about leveling would have avoided with certain mods rolled.

I spared no expense in rolling higher tier maps, except for zana mods on corrupted, which pretty much everyone agrees isn't worth the cost.

Every T13 map I ran, before I left was 0 remaining, and every single chest/jar, etc was opened/looted.

Nobody can point out one single legitimate reason why I wasn't able to sustain maps. Other than map drops are shit this league.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 4, 2018, 8:34:36 PM
"
krenderke wrote:

That's for the trade scammers with mirrored gear, like the guy who had 3 low level toons with 2 mirrored weapon and no quality on his flasks, not realistic, but if you have enough currency in a trade league, then everything is possible.

check my gear, i done first t15 on lvl 82 on this character, all i need to do shaper is 6l carcass and 20/20 gems that arent mirror worthy, btw i run around 20-25 t15 (chis, alcs, atziry fragments) and have only 1 t16 drop

Guys even if Mathil said that drop rate and map drops are fucked up this league you are still argue
Last edited by rndt_t on Apr 4, 2018, 8:48:13 PM
GC miner can beat shaper in leveling gear. And we're not talking about a marathon fight here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info