End game is only sustaining red maps. Fun?

"
kickaxe88 wrote:
You say you have 130 atlas completion and are doing red maps yet you only have 10 challenges done. Something doesn't add up

Why? I dont follow challenges but I just browsed through them for bestiary. Most are ones you get from following the bestiary mechanic (I found it not very useful so I rarely trap, I just kill), or crafting (your currency goes further in trade unless you commit), or actively pursuing challenges.

Looking through them, you would only get 5 or so while progressing unless you happen to get more almost on accident.

Again, if those challenges would help me progress, I would not complain no matter how grindy they are. But they dont change progression unless you can describe how.
"
codetaku wrote:
"
kickaxe88 wrote:
You say you have 130 atlas completion and are doing red maps yet you only have 10 challenges done. Something doesn't add up

Lol for real. My first char this league was 83 by the time I hit t4 maps (I run actual atlas completion strat). By the time I hit red I had a level 89 jugg who wasn't even my first char of the league. Meanwhile this guy tops out at 85 and claims to be running reds semiregularly? Play the damn game.

Glass canon builds vs rf jugg flavor of the day.

Again, side issue and lame argument tactic, if drops varied by level, you would be correct. With no impact, I could be level 80 or level 100 and have the same issue.

Learn to logic.
Last edited by trixxar on Apr 26, 2018, 8:05:56 PM
"
trixxar wrote:
"
kickaxe88 wrote:

Why? I dont follow challenges but I just browsed through them for bestiary. Most are ones you get from following the bestiary mechanic (I found it not very useful so I rarely trap, I just kill), or crafting (your currency goes further in trade unless you commit), or actively pursuing challenges.

Looking through them, you would only get 5 or so while progressing unless you happen to get more almost on accident.

Again, if those challenges would help me progress, I would not complain no matter how grindy they are. But they dont change progression unless you can describe how.

Yeah no, you would have at least 7-10 challenges completed by the time you hit maps even if you wern't trying to get them. You would have even more by the time you hit reds.
Last edited by kickaxe88 on Apr 26, 2018, 8:56:11 PM
"
kickaxe88 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:
"
kickaxe88 wrote:

Yeah no, you would have at least 7-10 challenges completed by the time you hit maps even if you wern't trying to get them. You would have even more by the time you hit reds.

Then back it up
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_bestiary_league_challenges
Guessing you will quietly disappear and not back up your claims. Which exactly would I have to have to be running reds?

For others, even if you dont believe me, just watch the Mathis video someone posted around page 2 or 3. I dont pretend to be a high end player / streamer, but apparently even someone who runs as much as he does finds the current rate to be way down from previous leagues. Is he experienced enough for you or are you going to claim he doesn't play enough? Please try that.

I actually found it helpful because it means things arent always as garbage as league, and being a relatively new player, thats a relief.
Capture a beast
use currency items
defeat act bosses 1 and 2
kill unique monsters
defeat gods

6. I was off by a few, oh no. Point is 6 would be done by maps. By the time you get to red maps you would have more done like:

Capture beasts
Craft these items
items from vendor recipies
complete abyssal depths
identify 100 uniques
defeat elder guardians
achieve ascension
defeat atziri

SO 14 at least. And that's not really going out of your way, a lot of these are things you would have done on the way to reds anyways.

Plus you're not a new player or even a relatively new player your account is three years old.

"
kickaxe88 wrote:
Capture a beast
use currency items
defeat act bosses 1 and 2
kill unique monsters
defeat gods

6. I was off by a few, oh no. Point is 6 would be done by maps. By the time you get to red maps you would have more done like:

Capture beasts
Craft these items
items from vendor recipies
complete abyssal depths
identify 100 uniques
defeat elder guardians
achieve ascension
defeat atziri

SO 14 at least. And that's not really going out of your way, a lot of these are things you would have done on the way to reds anyways.

Plus you're not a new player or even a relatively new player your account is three years old.

Thanks for at least sticking around to prove yourself wrong.

I was already 100% clear I've found more benefit not crafting or using trap mechanicsin this league so
Craft these items - dont need it, and dont pretend this impacts drops rates
Items from vendor recipe - No need to trade vaal skills and fragment for Vaals
Capture these beasts - see #1
Defeat gods - not caring about achievements, I think I skipped reflection this time? He isnt my choice for pantheon. I probably would have killed him if I thought of it but I was past his area before I noticed it. No impact on progression.

Which leaves with how many? 10. Exactly what I have. And maybe half of those arent even needed. IF you trade for the slotted items you want, you would also skip

use currency items

Abyssal depths - currently messed up for ranged characters if you stand too far from the spot the trove/depths dont spawn. I happened to pick this one up but if you have a high dps build, Ive heard many never spawn the trove. Obviously not part of pogression.

Now we are down to 8.

100 uniques - maybe 10% or more sell them without identifying. It's obviously not necessary for progression.

Down to 7.

Atziri and unique monsters aren't necessary so 5, but I would accept an argument that leads to incomplete attempts to get maps.

So somewhere from 5-7 are what you would pick up if you weren't trying for achievements but just playing through the game looking for drops. For sake of argument, 7. Your argument is that red maps aren't possible with 3 more than that.

And again, Im guessing someone like Mathis has 2x your playtime, 5x? If you just dont like listening to anyone with less play experience than you, explain his video?

To answer your unspoken question - I played for a day 3 years ago but then got hooked on something, I think the DS2 dlc, and didnt try it again until recently. Great mechanics, awful follow through.

I was just curious to why this thread was still on first page.

To be fair, it's not terribly difficult to start redmaps outside of ssf. But it's also easy to start them earlier than one should.

As the league nears its end, I'm finding that I either have to invest heavily into extraneous buffs to build up my red map pool. With the scarcity of sextants, it doesn't seem very practical to run them regularly considering their cost as a solo player.

I'm basically at the point where I can gamble and spend a whole lot extra and hope for a return or balance the risk by running cheaply and slowly build up currency. It would be nice to be strictly running red maps but it seems in order to build up to a sustainable level I need to be willing to lose quite a bit in the process.

The impression I get is that's the cost of running at the highest tier, but I'm just not comfortable risking feeling "poor" again for the time being.
Yep, totally over league play.
I can vouch for OP. I had a tanky gladiator last league. Killed like 10 or so t15 bosses but not a single t16 map drop.

It got worse this league. My first time in over 6 seasons probably that I actually levelled a master to 7 before I could even find all uber lab trials. Still looking for 2 remaining trials as of writing.

I have already given up 24 achievements this league, something that i have consistently managed to do in the past 5 leagues or so.
"
jeerinho wrote:
It got worse this league. My first time in over 6 seasons probably that I actually levelled a master to 7 before I could even find all uber lab trials. Still looking for 2 remaining trials as of writing.

About trials: try global 820 to share trials or buy trial prophecy for 1c (don´t complete/click on trial you have alrdy done and it will proc again).

to OP and all:
I can sum it up: map progression and all is designed around trade. I don´t think it´s a good design but that´s it.
"
trixxar wrote:

100 uniques - maybe 10% or more sell them without identifying.

Roflmao thanks for proving you literally don't play the game. Unided uniques vendor for scroll fragments.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info