[3.4] Farrul's Hybrid Blade Vortex Trickster

Reached level 100 today. Did about 65 Poorjoy's rotations, some Beachhead's, 3 Uber Elder runs, a bunch of tier 13-16 maps on level 99. No deaths, feels good.
[3.4] Farrul's Hybrid Blade Vortex Trickster - view-thread/2125255
[3.5] Consecrated Path Dual Nebuloch Juggernaut - view-thread/2236076
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on May 1, 2018, 12:22:18 AM
did uber elder, my first time. With 3 portal left...Was fun!
Really love this build, ty for it!
why no mind over matter???
Ahh, it's over... My sun... it's setting... It's dark, so dark...
"
Indertek wrote:
why no mind over matter???

With over 9k ehp I don't feel I need MoM to survive. And I would loose about 30% total damage by dropping Hatred and running only Discipline. Still, if I didn't have a Hatred crit Watcher's eye it could be a viable option for added defense, about 1000 unreserved mana would be added on top of the life and energy shield, making it even more tanky. Feel free to test it out, nothing is written in stone here. It may be a good idea if survivability is your priority. It's also an option to balance the damage by taking Swift Killer instead of Escape Artist.

[3.4] Farrul's Hybrid Blade Vortex Trickster - view-thread/2125255
[3.5] Consecrated Path Dual Nebuloch Juggernaut - view-thread/2236076
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on May 7, 2018, 7:47:30 PM
I guess we won't be seeing this build anymore after the post about Bestiary not going to the core game.. Any ideas of how to change the build to fit the future leagues? I hope some of the new items from the next league helps the BV trickster
Last edited by lucastb on May 7, 2018, 8:16:36 PM
"
Dkodr wrote:
"
Indertek wrote:
why no mind over matter???

With over 9k ehp I don't feel I need MoM to survive. And I would loose about 30% total damage by dropping Hatred and running only Discipline. Still, if I didn't have a Hatred crit Watcher's eye it could be a viable option for added defense, about 1000 unreserved mana would be added on top of the life and energy shield, making it even more tanky. Feel free to test it out, nothing is written in stone here. It may be a good idea if survivability is your priority. It's also an option to balance the damage by taking Swift Killer instead of Escape Artist.




oh nice i see , what do you think about using the covenant ( socketing blade vortex in ) and using hatred in essence worm , with alot of life and mana + mom it can be op , but what about freeze/chill immunity??
Ahh, it's over... My sun... it's setting... It's dark, so dark...
and last question why you dont go full convertion to cold ( for exemple) then abuse ele weakness and frost bomb to penetrate bosses res?
Ahh, it's over... My sun... it's setting... It's dark, so dark...
"
Indertek wrote:

oh nice i see , what do you think about using the covenant ( socketing blade vortex in ) and using hatred in essence worm , with alot of life and mana + mom it can be op , but what about freeze/chill immunity??
Now that would be a whole new build, wouldn't it? Why don't you set it up in PoB, look at the stats and requirements and post it here if it looks good? Or make a new build guide for it.

"
Indertek wrote:
and last question why you dont go full convertion to cold ( for exemple) then abuse ele weakness and frost bomb to penetrate bosses res?
Even if going full conversion with phys 2 lightning gem , Hrimburn gloves and call of the Brotherhood + ele weakness and frost bomb will add about 8-10% more damage, the downside with having to get a 5 blue 1 green socket Farruls and loosing about 400 life, resists, blind chance, attack speed, and some energy shield just isn't worth it for me. As I said in an earlier post "when you reach more than 1 million shaper dps before flasks, then you can throw everything else into defense" Another point is that by adding frost bomb you get another spell to cast and take care of, I prefer simple setups, even if it means giving up some damage. In the beginning I used these boots with Wither to slow down bosses and add more chaos damage, then as I saw that the damage got so high it wasnt really necessary to use Wither, I dropped it. I am not a fan of glass cannon builds and prefer a good balance between offensive and defensive stats.
[3.4] Farrul's Hybrid Blade Vortex Trickster - view-thread/2125255
[3.5] Consecrated Path Dual Nebuloch Juggernaut - view-thread/2236076
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
"
Indertek wrote:

oh nice i see , what do you think about using the covenant ( socketing blade vortex in ) and using hatred in essence worm , with alot of life and mana + mom it can be op , but what about freeze/chill immunity??
Now that would be a whole new build, wouldn't it? Why don't you set it up in PoB, look at the stats and requirements and post it here if it looks good? Or make a new build guide for it.

well i tough the builds wasnt just about the farrul items but nvm , why are you talking like im trying to steal your fam? im just asking questions nothing personal bro

"
Indertek wrote:
and last question why you dont go full convertion to cold ( for exemple) then abuse ele weakness and frost bomb to penetrate bosses res?
Even if going full conversion with phys 2 lightning gem , Hrimburn gloves and call of the Brotherhood + ele weakness and frost bomb will add about 8-10% more damage, the downside with having to get a 5 blue 1 green socket Farruls and loosing about 400 life, resists, blind chance, attack speed, and some energy shield just isn't worth it for me. As I said in an earlier post "when you reach more than 1 million shaper dps before flasks, then you can throw everything else into defense" Another point is that by adding frost bomb you get another spell to cast and take care of, I prefer simple setups, even if it means giving up some damage. In the beginning I used these boots with Wither to slow down bosses and add more chaos damage, then as I saw that the damage got so high it wasnt really necessary to use Wither, I dropped it. I am not a fan of glass cannon builds and prefer a good balance between offensive and defensive stats.

well same i really like builds that have decent farm speed for maps but are amazing for bossing , i also love to be 'tanky' , but i never liked evasion hm, energy shield can be amazing hybrid or staked to 10K+ , but with blade vortex and trickster you really need to get close to get the damage output, leveling and gearing before the offcolor ( farrul) looks long af i tough the build wasnt just about those items since you mentionned this , and i just wanted to know if blade vortex or other spells or attacks are better fullphys or converted to an element with some penetration or even curse
Ahh, it's over... My sun... it's setting... It's dark, so dark...
I normally don’t bother commenting but with beastiary ending soon and not going into the main game how do you expect this build to change? And will you keep going further with it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info