[3.4] Farrul's Hybrid Blade Vortex Trickster

"
Roulce wrote:
I normally don’t bother commenting but with beastiary ending soon and not going into the main game how do you expect this build to change? And will you keep going further with it?

Don't have any plans actually, let's see what happens.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
"
Roulce wrote:
I normally don’t bother commenting but with beastiary ending soon and not going into the main game how do you expect this build to change? And will you keep going further with it?

Don't have any plans actually, let's see what happens.

So, I assume you'll be looking for a different armor/helm at least considering Ferrul will only become standard/no longer applicable.
They are going to rework Blade Vortex for the next league, looks like a buff.
This opens up possibilities of using more defensive body armors while still doing good damage.
Gonna test it out when Path of Building gets updated for it.
So more damage per blade, but 10 less blades? I'm seriously considering this as a league starter or as a backup. Torn between this one or a MS jugg
Last edited by Roulce on May 12, 2018, 9:22:29 AM
https://youtu.be/WyU6jjvVQXs

Added a video of an Uber Atziri / Alluring Abyss run. First time I tried this map with the build, I was worried how hard it would be with Atziri's reflect and I died 1 time to it. I Lowered the damage by replacing Hatred with Grace, then the rest of the fight went ok, but it was still a bit sketchy.
Not recommended to try on hardcore without some serious mitigation. I think it would be easy if I had full phys conversion to ele dmg combined with resistance flasks / Wise Oak.
I did use a quarts flask for the extra spell dodge though, not sure what other measures I could take against the reflect.

Edit: I tried the fight again, now with full conversion to elemental damage. No deaths this time, but the reflect was still dangerous. Replacing Hatred with Grace could help, I had about 30k tooltip dps.

https://youtu.be/koDPo7WI_U0

Setup Used:
Spoiler

Last edited by Dkodr on May 19, 2018, 8:13:48 AM
An alternative to Farrul's Fur in 3.3 is to craft a shaped rare armor (Sadist or Carnal armor)
and drop the Escape Artist node for Swift Killer. The damage will be almost the same but more inconsistent(loosing charges when no mobs), and the build will loose the defensive traits from Escape Artist.

Ideally the armor would also have the prefix "+1 To Socketed Active SKill Gems" for max damage, but it is very rare to find and expensive to craft (while also having ok es/ev and life.)

edit: Just some Standard stuff...

Last edited by Dkodr on May 30, 2018, 11:38:57 AM
I cant find Vaal Discipline in your setup - dont you use it?
"
Dkodr wrote:
An alternative to Farrul's Fur in 3.3 is to craft a shaped rare armor (Sadist or Carnal armor)
and drop the Escape Artist node for Swift Killer. The damage will be almost the same but more inconsistent(loosing charges when no mobs), and the build will loose the defensive traits from Escape Artist.

Ideally the armor would also have the prefix "+1 To Socketed Active SKill Gems" for max damage, but it is very rare to find and expensive to craft (while also having ok es/ev and life.)

I would drop Wave the Arcane for Swift Killer.
"
Xixi wrote:
I would drop Wave the Arcane for Swift Killer.

It's an option, if you can sustain mana while shield charging all the time - and don't mind the reduced clear speed. Haven't used Vaal Discipline since they nerfed it. Guess that will change when they introduce combo Vaal gems next league.

edit: I see you made a QoTF variant in Flashback, how is that working out for you?
Have you done Shaper and Uber Elder with it?
Last edited by Dkodr on May 24, 2018, 3:51:15 PM
Vaal Discipline is still very strong! you should try it. Recarges fast - so i can have it up all the time while mapping. It also gives you the 40% Attack speed buff!! So shieldcharging becomes even faster. You can skip the the essence surge nodes in my opinion if you just go mapping - sure they are nice for longer boss fights.
The QotF is very nice for movespeed but you are struggeling get the high evasion to really profit from it. I was testing a lot with this build. Endet up with this chest:

Also the ES gain on kill is just insanely good for mapping.

And for the Mana sustain i use:
Last edited by Xixi on May 24, 2018, 4:21:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info