[3.5 Viable but Discontinued] UNDENIABLE-JUGG | FARM ALL CONTENT - incl. Uber-Elder

My main question is the point blank on the grelwood local or global. Ornament of the east for example has hits cant be evaded which is local to the weapon, so if i dualwield one grelwood and a different pdps sword do i still get the benefit of point balnk for each weapon.

thanks in advance
Did Shaper today, and honestly it was a bit more of a struggle than I anticipated. The nature of being locked down to attack with Molten Strike can be very annoying when Shaper just wants to constantly slam and shoot balls. However, I only died once (and that was due to my ping suddenly jumping up to 1,000 before going back down), but I felt pretty vulnerable a lot of the time.

However, aside from that the build has destroyed all other content. Syndicates were a joke before and are laughable now. All maps are done super easily. Delve is a breeze. Guardians are easy (face tanking Mintoaur never felt so good). Incursions (even with a bunch of chaos damage) are easy. Clear speed is good, and it feels super safe. Once I got to maps and got the build together I barely died and was able to make it to 94 easily and effectively.

So overall I would say the build is mostly great with a few small negatives:
1. Molten Strike just feels bad for stuff like Shaper, but basically all melee skills do.
2. It really, really needs the Grelwood + 6 Link (even a tabula is fine though) to be effective and feels pretty mediocre before then
3. I personally don't feel like it would really be uber elder viable. I know I still have some more gearing to do (like getting two Shaper rings instead of Thief's torment) but it being a melee skill where you have to stop to attack makes it feel bad.

As long as you're not making this build for the express purpose of Uber Elder I'd say it is a very safe bet.
"
MarioMCP wrote:
Did Shaper today, and honestly it was a bit more of a struggle than I anticipated. The nature of being locked down to attack with Molten Strike can be very annoying when Shaper just wants to constantly slam and shoot balls. However, I only died once (and that was due to my ping suddenly jumping up to 1,000 before going back down), but I felt pretty vulnerable a lot of the time.

However, aside from that the build has destroyed all other content. Syndicates were a joke before and are laughable now. All maps are done super easily. Delve is a breeze. Guardians are easy (face tanking Mintoaur never felt so good). Incursions (even with a bunch of chaos damage) are easy. Clear speed is good, and it feels super safe. Once I got to maps and got the build together I barely died and was able to make it to 94 easily and effectively.

So overall I would say the build is mostly great with a few small negatives:
1. Molten Strike just feels bad for stuff like Shaper, but basically all melee skills do.
2. It really, really needs the Grelwood + 6 Link (even a tabula is fine though) to be effective and feels pretty mediocre before then
3. I personally don't feel like it would really be uber elder viable. I know I still have some more gearing to do (like getting two Shaper rings instead of Thief's torment) but it being a melee skill where you have to stop to attack makes it feel bad.

As long as you're not making this build for the express purpose of Uber Elder I'd say it is a very safe bet.

uhhh, are you playing the same game? This build farms uber elder pretty easily. Dodging all the telegraphed attacks isn't tough once you do the fight a couple times. Some people have used this build for exactly the purpose of uber elder. No clue where you are getting the idea otherwise
"
Daniel_San76 wrote:
uhhh, are you playing the same game? This build farms uber elder pretty easily. Dodging all the telegraphed attacks isn't tough once you do the fight a couple times. Some people have used this build for exactly the purpose of uber elder. No clue where you are getting the idea otherwise

I've found that you lose quite a bit of damage from having to constantly dodge spells, as opposed to something like a trapper/totem/brand character that can just dodge and have their damage go off anyways. Not to mention being in melee range is dangerous as even with 7k life and an 80% loreweave (along with reduced cold damage from pantheon, a wise oak with cold resist being the lowest, and just being juggernaut) balls can still easily kill you. Don't get me wrong, whenever shaper did laser I was able to easily do a significant chunk of damage.

I suppose what I am saying is that you certainly could kill Uber Elder with it, but this would not even be close to my first choice for farming it. Any sort of melee build for farming Uber Elder is a questionable decision at best. If you want to farm them, just make a totem/trap/brand character and do it faster, easier, and safer.

As I said in my post, I killed shaper and my only death was due to a massive lag spike that stopped me from being able to move (and that was in the 3rd phase, I would have killed him with out). I also did a tier 15 elder deathless. However, I am able to extrapolate from those two experiences that this build wouldn't be especially great at Uber Elder. The primary way this build gets damage is from being tankier than all the other builds. This means you dodge less (for example, on nearly all the guardians you can simply hold right click) and attack more to make up for the lower damage. However, you cannot face tank Uber Elder, so your lower damage leads to longer fights and more possibility of death.

I've also killed Shaper across many different builds, and while I would say this is definitely the best melee build at killing Shaper that I have played, it is still extremely lacking (specially against Shaper/Uber Elder) compared to my previous totem and mine characters.
Crafted this chest

and I am wondering if the lvl 1 Maim does anything for us given that we have Avatar of Fire from Xophs - from the wiki Maim support does the following :

Supported Attacks have 30% chance to Maim on Hit
Enemies Maimed by Supported Skills take (10-14)% increased Physical Damage
Supported Skills deal (15-30)% more Physical Damage

the wiki shows this for a lvl 8 maim gem so it will be less - but how does the interaction with Avatar of Fire work?

Am I better off using my existing Loreweave?

On a side note I have been hesitant to divine for 80% max res because the other rolls are so good..
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
can someone pls enlighten me on the 6L?
I get more dmg when i throw in a melee phys dmg instead of conc/incr aoe.
i know we do 100% fire dmg, but melee phys dmg is still a more multiplier, which gets converted.
Hi guys.

Beginner here, first "serious" league I'm playing.

I'm currently having a lot of fun leveling this build, but as I am approching my second Labyrinth, I have a question.

How important is the Unstoppable ascendancy perk for end-game?

Currently I don't feel like being immune to stun or slow would change my game a lot and I'm seriously wandering if choosing Unyelding or Unrelenting for more damage or tankiness wouldn't be better than Unstoppable.

Are stun much more common in end-game zones?

Thank you!
Very important.
Not only stun and slow, but even if you get chilled, frozen, walk on tar or you're subject to temporal chains, you'll never get slower than your base speed.

Also, this makes it possible to not use Kaom's Roots for the uber elder fight, which is recommended to beat it more smoothly, thus letting you have more sockets for skills.

Plus, I'd say you're tanky enough, and remember that we don't get + to end charges on tree, so we wouldn't be taking full advantage of those 2 nodes you mentioned with only 4 max endurance charges.
Loving this build

I've added a Detonate Dead/Unearth CWDT to this which works really well adding boss & clear dps
Is this build worth running in HC?
I see that it is no longer supported and runs with some outdated Path of building links etc.

I want to love it, but i need a guide to hold my hand cuz im new. XD
Dont ask why im playing hc as a new player :) my D2 days won't allow me to sc.

Also, should i reroll my character or can i morph my current build into this? I was following something similar before.
Last edited by Endeffekt on Dec 21, 2018, 5:54:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info