[3.2] Indigon Poet's Pen VD

For the love of god people, stop using cremation with VD, you're reducing your damage by so much because you're not creating corpses on your cremation cast, meaning your VD is only proccing on every other cast.
Your gear and passives seem to be alright. In all honesty, I think it's just mechanics (and the rolls on the map). I managed to kill all the guardians and Shaper with this build without much trouble. All my maps were alch'd and vaal'd. Hydra was deathless while the other guardians were with 2 deaths each. The difference in my gear might be a little different from yours. Here's my gear.

I can safely say I have a larger amount of survivability in terms of the Zerphi's and Kaom's Roots but even then it should be okay without the two. I enjoy the QOL Kaom's Roots bring with Unwavering Stance and Zerphi's just gives a good boost to health during the boss fights that spawn adds such as the guardians. This is assuming you don't have Zerphi's of course, not sure what flasks you're running.
Last edited by Djinxer on Apr 9, 2018, 6:51:37 PM
i think im doing something wrong

i only reached 600 -700 mana cost in frenzy is that right ?
So I'm only 69 but I can't imagine the rest of the nodes I need making that much of a difference as far as the mana issue goes but my KB cost ends up being over 1k stopping my dps progression. Any ideas?
Am I stupid or skipping Slayer altogether in favor of Elementalist (no ele reflect) seems better? If not tell me why ;)

Also, reading through single target configs for this build: Is Cremate really that bad? and what in it's place would work better? Same for Mana Leech.
Can someone help me figure out why my dmg is so low :\
I can't sustain beyond 50-60k per ball even with: VD - Mana Leech - Conc // Bodyswap-unearth-gmp
I tried unearth-gmp-manaleech // vd-conc-elefocus and I seem to get a little higher dps 70-80k but can't seem to get anywhere close to other ppl who are hitting 200k.

edit. tried using warped timepiece as well.. similar numbers.

profile link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lordv88/characters
Last edited by lordv88 on Apr 10, 2018, 4:43:12 PM
I don't know how to multiquote so:

"
I really want to know how viable a +5 unearth helm with empower slotted into unearth raises the DPS and if it's able to compete with the VD enchant.

It's a small but notable amount of dps increase but the corpse explosion doesn't scale with our dps, so in the long run it'll do less and less.

"
What ascendancy path did yall take while leveling?

I went slayer first cause leech and cull helped with merc and uber lab.

"
How do you feel about Xoph's blood ?

it's ok but pretty expensive and cause we scale so hard off of mana, i'm pretty sure atziri's foible is best.

"
For the love of god people, stop using cremation with VD, you're reducing your damage by so much because you're not creating corpses on your cremation cast, meaning your VD is only proccing on every other cast.

Cremtion is bad in a vd-crem-support setup or uneath-gmp-crem setup, but it could work with a vd-bodyswap-support and unearth-gmp-crem setup then stack max atk speed for mapping at least, but bosses for bosses the best will always be only unearth and vd in the wands.

"
Build is doing wonders, can reach to 70k.
No issue till T15 but getting owned by T16 bosses, any advice on how to tackle t16 boss (was doing hydra twice and failed both times).

You need more mana, you don't have mana on anything. Mana = hp with MoM and dps with indigon, more mana is more everything.

"
Am I stupid or skipping Slayer altogether in favor of Elementalist (no ele reflect) seems better? If not tell me why ;)

Also, reading through single target configs for this build: Is Cremate really that bad? and what in it's place would work better? Same for Mana Leech.

Slayer gives you free cull, that's 25% more damage. You can get that on a wand but it's expensive, probably more expensive than rerolling maps. Also, unearth is phys damage so you might still have to reroll phys reflect maps instead. Life leech from slayers is great.

"
Can someone help me figure out why my dmg is so low :\

is that dps while mapping or just standing in your hideout, it's not bad dps for just hideout! i got 200k cause i use atziri's promise and no wise oak so my tooltip is increased more. i also use arcane surge and herald of ash for 32% more spell damage

Facetanked minotaur for fun lol

Spoiler
Hi, just finishing leveling this build and must say it is tons of fun. Still saving for indigon, fevered mind and kaoms heart so a lot of ways to go but I saw someone mention that you shouldnt go above 4.0 APS on path of building or youll lose DPS?
"
aerotsu wrote:
Hi, just finishing leveling this build and must say it is tons of fun. Still saving for indigon, fevered mind and kaoms heart so a lot of ways to go but I saw someone mention that you shouldnt go above 4.0 APS on path of building or youll lose DPS?

Yes, spells triggered by poet's pens (or almost anything that triggers spells) have a cooldown of 250ms or 1/4 second or 4 APS (without cooldown recovery boots/belt) so if you attack every 249ms (or slightly over 4.0 APS) the first attack will cast spells but the next attack your spells will be on cooldown and nothing will happen, that means you'll be casting every 498miliseconds instead of every 250ms. So without cooldown recovery items if you go beyond 4 APS with poets pens you will lose 50% dps at just over 4APS, 25% dps loss at 6 APS and 0% dps loss at 8APS

also that's ideally with perfect server and perfect latency, you'll skip/lose spell casts at 4.0, or even 3.8 APS but 3.8-3.9 APS is probably a sweet spot, higher if you have better ping

You can get "increased cooldown recovery" items that allow you go to beyond that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info