[3.4] Ascendant Reave/Blade Flurry - Fast Mapping - Easy Bossing - Uber Elder viable.

Hi, I'm just starting with the league and I wanted to try out this build. Would it be possible to start right off with this? Any tips while leveling and some budget items while we gather the currency to bring the build to the endgame?
"
lucastb wrote:
Hi, I'm just starting with the league and I wanted to try out this build. Would it be possible to start right off with this? Any tips while leveling and some budget items while we gather the currency to bring the build to the endgame?

I wouldn't touch this build without a sizeable budget, would look at a Champion build if you want to start with it as it carries poor gear much better.
I'm looking to gear a Reave/BF character. Coming from a DW Tectonic Slam Jugg, I already have a few of the items needed (since the builds share some slots), now just looking at which Ascendancy is the best. I have a few questions:

1. What are the pros and cons for going Ascendant vs the very popular Champion version? From what I can see Ascendant benefits from the insane Slayer leech, at the cost of damage compared to Champion, is this correct?

2. Have you tried/thought about using the Farrul's Fur chest armor instead of Belly's (with the Aspect crafted on another piece of gear, not using the helm)? Permanent auto generated Frenzy and Power charges seem like a very good QoL and DPS improvement, and potentially frees up our second Ascendancy to go somewhere else instead of Raider.

Thanks for the guide.
Hey

I've leveled an Ascendant all the way to 65 right now bloody aqueduct, prolly gonna farm here till 70.

Lvld with sunder so far. Whats the first gear upgrades you've done, i cannot afford 10x so far, ive got a 5ex budget atm to spend on this.

What's a good way to start building the char from 5ex onwards ?

"
Jd009 wrote:
I'm looking to gear a Reave/BF character. Coming from a DW Tectonic Slam Jugg, I already have a few of the items needed (since the builds share some slots), now just looking at which Ascendancy is the best. I have a few questions:

1. What are the pros and cons for going Ascendant vs the very popular Champion version? From what I can see Ascendant benefits from the insane Slayer leech, at the cost of damage compared to Champion, is this correct?

2. Have you tried/thought about using the Farrul's Fur chest armor instead of Belly's (with the Aspect crafted on another piece of gear, not using the helm)? Permanent auto generated Frenzy and Power charges seem like a very good QoL and DPS improvement, and potentially frees up our second Ascendancy to go somewhere else instead of Raider.

Thanks for the guide.

1. Pros are indeed the Slayer leech + Frenzy/Onslaught up time vs bosses. When I built this character I had specifically built it to beat Uber Elder and without a doubt it has been a success in trivialising the hardest boss in the game. Compared to Champion it just boasts much higher durability due to Slayer leech at the cost of damage. At higher levels of gear both Acendancys have damage through teeth. More than is really needed for any encounter so I think the 50-80% hp/s is worth the damage loss.

2. This has been maybe the only chest piece I have considered outside of Belly. At the cost of 600 HP which is quite the loss and needing to find another 40 or so resist elsewhere as well as giving up a suffix (resist) on yet another piece of gear it is hard to fit it. I think it's an option with choices like Pathfinder or Elementalist being strong secondaries. While I personally don't like it, it's clearly a good option and I may add it to the guide once I give it a good try.
"
Dalykas wrote:

1. Pros are indeed the Slayer leech + Frenzy/Onslaught up time vs bosses. When I built this character I had specifically built it to beat Uber Elder and without a doubt it has been a success in trivialising the hardest boss in the game. Compared to Champion it just boasts much higher durability due to Slayer leech at the cost of damage. At higher levels of gear both Acendancys have damage through teeth. More than is really needed for any encounter so I think the 50-80% hp/s is worth the damage loss.

2. This has been maybe the only chest piece I have considered outside of Belly. At the cost of 600 HP which is quite the loss and needing to find another 40 or so resist elsewhere as well as giving up a suffix (resist) on yet another piece of gear it is hard to fit it. I think it's an option with choices like Pathfinder or Elementalist being strong secondaries. While I personally don't like it, it's clearly a good option and I may add it to the guide once I give it a good try.

Thanks for the detailed answers. I'm really interested in trying out the Farrul armor for the auto charge generation, but definitely makes hitting resist caps harder to hit. Can try to make up for it from jewels, but that makes them harder to find and also sacrifices some damage. the other way would be drop either tombfist or kaom's roots, but one is a lot of damage, and the other is massive QoL (and much easier uber elder fight). but maybe by going elementalist/pf like you said can make up for the loss (at least through the resist on jewels way)

keep us updated if you ever try out the farrul's version!
What can you say about Loreweave? Is it a good alternative to Belly?

Something like this decent for an offhand? I could still get lucky and slam another extra damage mod on it since it has 2 open prefix but that's a lot of rng luck required.
hey, cool build! only thing ive been missing are some levelingtips. you could also talk a bit more about the jewel stats since not every1 can afford life/critmulti/atk speed jewels ( there are a lot of other mods u can use like phys damage and such am i right? even tho they arent as good as atk speed/crit multi)

another question: PoB says sins rebirth give me more dps than ToH. do u value the defensive part of ToH higher than the dps boost sins rebirth gives us?

thx for the guide! :D
how about inquis/ele/assassin instead of raider?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info