[3.4] Ascendant Reave/Blade Flurry - Fast Mapping - Easy Bossing - Uber Elder viable.

"
Synercid wrote:
"
Dalykas wrote:

You should definitely not continue crafting that Sceptre. There is no chance that it will be a good investment to try and craft suffixes on it. Even if it was T1/T1 it wouldn't be worth it and for the price of hitting something decent you could just go mirror a Sceptre that would be considerably better.

This is coming from the crafter of Wrath Roar which was the best Sceptre in Bestiary.

Thanks for the advice before I waste more on it. I remember that scepter, was a beauty. Can I ask how you went about it? This is only my second full league so I'm always looking to learn.

I suppose there are two ways:

- alt/regal into a double elemental/pen then try to slam the 3rd. If that hits meta mod the 4th.

- chaos spam until hitting a double elemental/ pen (or better) then slam. Meta mod the 4th. This seems "easier" but also potentially more annoying as its possible to hit the mods but there item could be full of garbage to scour/annul.

With no beastcrafting available a 5th stat would just be a yolo slam and whatever happens happens. Final stat crit multi.

If I hit a decent t1/t2 double but miss the regal/slam I bet it would almost always be profitable to flip it and grab a new base. Sambar based are about 1.2-1.5 ex and a good double will fetch 4 to 7 ex. That or just find another base along the way.

This scepter gets me to 2.6m dps so it's more than fine for now but a triple craft is my goal (quad too of course but theres too much rng to be a realistic goal as a solo player) for the league. I enjoy the challenge of crafting. I crafted a 100 ex shaped crystal belt for LLRF in bestiary which funded my crafting experimentation. Im just starting crafting this league after mapping for a couple weeks to build up my capital. My best craft this league so far is my sword:

PS - Yes that 12% attack speed hurts my eyes too. No going to bother to fix it though, 450 pdps is plenty. May go back and try for a 500 pdps model once my scepter is done.

The way we made Wrath Roar was:

Chaos spam for T1/T1 prefix. Scour suffixes and multimod with Cannot Roll Attack/Spell mods then slam. You have a decent chance of hitting the 3rd. If it bricks, Yolo Annul 1/3 to remove the bricked prefix and try again. The 3 prefixes are by far the most important rolls and this is really the only way to hit all 3 without being stupidly lucky.

Then you just slam suffixes until you hit % extra as random element and obviously without beast crafting you just slam it again and hope for the best.

The whole process can be absurdly expensive and we had a stupid amount of currency before even attempting it.
Yeah that does sound crazy expensive. I think my best bet in the meantime is to just shoot for a triple usable model with double t1/t2 prefixes and either chaos, random, or pen. That will be much more affordable and still a decent upgrade. I'll have to get a lucky drop or two to have the currency to try and make a quad.

Thanks for the info!

Back to T16/Uber destruction.
Can someone that knows about the weapons link me to a solid search string in the store? Im awful especially when it comes to searching the physical dps bases, is it dps, is it pdps, I search like 300 pdps and it comes up with a range that is much lower, I dont know wtf im doing in the search.

Also is there any solid weapon recommendations that would get me from the end of story to say level 75ish so I can actually equip the main gg weapons? I am just about finishing up the story and I have to tell you leveling up scion the way I did is not amazing, so I am a bit behind in levels.
Last edited by foster21 on Jun 24, 2018, 8:12:33 PM
how bout a loreweave chest? would it be better than belly?
Would love some general advice on my gear to help me level him to 75ish so I can get the gg weapons.

"
SgArxen wrote:
why not use elemental damage with attacks support on your 6l?

Hm yea, I've checked my PoB and it seems like a good idea for me, getting pretty big dps boost (around 10% more) there if I swap it for increased crit chance, on other gems it's dps loss.

"
katsuragi18 wrote:

Using it currently, it's ok, you lose around 500 hp for 80% max all res (good for ele dmg map mods and -max res, which you get in temples and as map mod often), and fairly nice dps boost. I don't think I would drop it for Belly.

I did also try ele reflect map mod with it, using anti reflect pantheon, I could kill mobs and not one shot myself, but it's still not enough, and quite risky. I want to try using Sibyl's Lament as well next time, but would need to get rid of resists on one of my rings for it. I suppose Sibyl corrupted for all res would help. There are few for sale atm.

"
foster21 wrote:
Would love some general advice on my gear to help me level him to 75ish so I can get the gg weapons.

Your gear looks like it's more than enough to start mapping. Just grab Kaom's Roots and you're set. I suppose you can instead use Brine King for the moment, but you will need Arakaali for leech eventually.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Jun 24, 2018, 11:50:05 PM
"
Can someone that knows about the weapons link me to a solid search string in the store? Im awful especially when it comes to searching the physical dps bases, is it dps, is it pdps, I search like 300 pdps and it comes up with a range that is much lower, I dont know wtf im doing in the search.

Also is there any solid weapon recommendations that would get me from the end of story to say level 75ish so I can actually equip the main gg weapons? I am just about finishing up the story and I have to tell you leveling up scion the way I did is not amazing, so I am a bit behind in levels.

Just use the highest dps possible for (3 green sockets) scaeva (check wiki) + death's hand for offand. I used it until mapping til lvl80.
"

"
katsuragi18 wrote:

Using it currently, it's ok, you lose around 500 hp for 80% max all res (good for ele dmg map mods and -max res, which you get in temples and as map mod often), and fairly nice dps boost. I don't think I would drop it for Belly.

I did also try ele reflect map mod with it, using anti reflect pantheon, I could kill mobs and not one shot myself, but it's still not enough, and quite risky. I want to try using Sibyl's Lament as well next time, but would need to get rid of resists on one of my rings for it. I suppose Sibyl corrupted for all res would help. There are few for sale atm.

I disagree about Loreweave. I thought about switching to experiment but I just dont see it. I'm currently at 7k HP and it feels so much better than 6400.

The only we die is to massive one/pseudo one-shots and most of those giant hits are going to be physical and sometimes chaos (constructs). The best defense against that is more HP so our leech can kick in. I'd rather have that 500-600 hp from Belly. The 80% resists and are dps boost are nice for sure but I dont think elemental damage is a big problem for us and while more is always nice, we definitely dont need more dps. The difference between say 2.7 and 2.9 million is eh. There comes a point where its trivial and all you need to worry about is being one shot.

Uber Elder specifically deals massive amounts of cold damage but even here the combo of Belly, Purity of Ice, and Taste of Hate gives significantly better mitigation (85% cold resist plus more hp) than Loreweave (80% max) since Loreweave cancels out the ToH buff.
Last edited by Synercid on Jun 25, 2018, 6:47:36 AM
"
"
SgArxen wrote:
why not use elemental damage with attacks support on your 6l?

Hm yea, I've checked my PoB and it seems like a good idea for me, getting pretty big dps boost (around 10% more) there if I swap it for increased crit chance, on other gems it's dps loss.

"
katsuragi18 wrote:

"
foster21 wrote:

Your gear looks like it's more than enough to start mapping. Just grab Kaom's Roots and you're set. I suppose you can instead use Brine King for the moment, but you will need Arakaali for leech eventually.

There's some misinformation in this post that I want to clear up.

Loreweave is a DPS increase but a guaranteed defence loss for most content in the game. Belly should be an extra 700 hp if not more on a well optimised build. Physical damage is the most dangerous damage type and it does nothing for that. I can't stress enough how much having a high HP value means for the build. Always aim for at least 7k hp endgame and even more when possible.

Taste of Hate is a nutty flask that core to the build and it loses value with Loreweave. Running Purity of Ice + Taste of Hate is one of the things that makes Uber Elder so easy for the build and Loreweave messes with that. On top of that losing up to 45% resists and will force you to sacrifice damage elsewhere to make up for it as the resists on the build is already tight.

The only upgrade to Belly is a Elder body armour with high Life + % Life + Crit Chance. But finding a good chest like that is extremely expensive and other upgrades are far more worthwhile.

Do not swap Crit Strikes out for WED. PoB DPS number is not the most important thing when making a build. If it was this would be a Champion build with an Abyssus.

Crit Strikes is considerably better for mapping because consistent damage is far more important than total DPS. It should take one Multistirke Reave attack to clear a pack. If you don't crit than things aren't gonna die.

Even against bosses you will see more consistent DPS from Crit Strikes and when your Diamond Flask is down it is an outright better DPS gem. The only time you should swap out Crit Strikes is if you get a body armour like the one I described above.
So I just spent 5.5 ex on this sword, please tell me I didnt make a huge mistake. Keep in mind this would be for uber eldering.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info