[3.4] Ascendant Reave/Blade Flurry - Fast Mapping - Easy Bossing - Uber Elder viable.

How good is a Farrul's Fur for this Build?
So I played Champion Reave/BF during FSC and I wanted to try out this build. Before anything i wanted to thank you for the guide, thoughtful informations and no bullshit given, it's nice !

I basically transposed my gear from my champion to my ascendant, and overall both have their strengths.

Champion :
- higher DPS. Even with more jewels and culling strike on ascendant, PoB gives me 30% more damage on champion.
- higher global defenses
- stun immunity that's not conditionned to the use of Kaom's Roots
- Champion ascendency carries crazy hard, making it a great budget leaguestarter option.

Ascendant :
- Slayer leech
- slightly faster mapping
- no need to trigger manually a dumb buff like Adrenaline
- scales better with gear

I'm not a big fan of Kaom's Roots, so no stun immunity was a big deal to me on ascendant, and i had to pick brine king pantheon node and pass on the great arakali node for leech.
My gear was really nothing to be in awe of, and even laughable given some of the gear posted here. But it isn't exactly budget either.

I truly believe that, the better the gear, the better ascendant is compared to champion, but at my level, I already kill shaper / uber atziri / red elder with extreme ease, so you have to ask yourself why bother ?

Only when considering fighting Uber elder is ascendent the no brain choice. For everything else, my choice went to Champion, but this guide is great and does everything it says it does perfectly aswell.

"
Mithestral wrote:
So I played Champion Reave/BF during FSC and I wanted to try out this build. Before anything i wanted to thank you for the guide, thoughtful informations and no bullshit given, it's nice !

I basically transposed my gear from my champion to my ascendant, and overall both have their strengths.

Champion :
- higher DPS. Even with more jewels and culling strike on ascendant, PoB gives me 30% more damage on champion.
- higher global defenses
- stun immunity that's not conditionned to the use of Kaom's Roots
- Champion ascendency carries crazy hard, making it a great budget leaguestarter option.

Ascendant :
- Slayer leech
- slightly faster mapping
- no need to trigger manually a dumb buff like Adrenaline
- scales better with gear

I'm not a big fan of Kaom's Roots, so no stun immunity was a big deal to me on ascendant, and i had to pick brine king pantheon node and pass on the great arakali node for leech.
My gear was really nothing to be in awe of, and even laughable given some of the gear posted here. But it isn't exactly budget either.

I truly believe that, the better the gear, the better ascendant is compared to champion, but at my level, I already kill shaper / uber atziri / red elder with extreme ease, so you have to ask yourself why bother ?

Only when considering fighting Uber elder is ascendent the no brain choice. For everything else, my choice went to Champion, but this guide is great and does everything it says it does perfectly aswell.

Thanks for the ideas. I really liked this build but was thinking of champion next league as well. Would you mind posting a POB link? No issues without the slayer leech it seems?
Hi,

do you think this good be a good league Starter / U-Lab farmer? Maybe with sunder first and then switch when shaper items are on market. I wanna do sth like this :)
I played the standard slayer/raider hybrid for a while with this build and I *FLY* through maps and honestly all content. I'm only ever in real danger of dying on nasty guardians from huge one shots.

Just wanted to mention that the slayer/Jugg version also rolls. I tried it out last night for funsies.The tradeoff is some dps (go from 2.6m to 2m ish shaper dps with my gear) and clear speed for a significant defensive boost and easier gearing being able to use rare boots. Not generating frenzy charges on bosses honestly doesn't matter most of the time, except on uber elder. Would definitely go jugg hybrid for HC.

I think it just comes down to personal playstyle preference. Warp 10 raider or warp 6 but pretty damn tanky jugg. I'm a speed junky in SC so that's an easy choice for me.

20 ex of gear not even min maxed will Faceroll all content.

Last edited by Hotpockets69 on May 26, 2018, 7:14:32 AM

Experimented with this at the end of league and I'm really happy with it, nice build. I threw about 30 ex at it (I have a second belly of the beast that's a 6L for easy swaps), it's hardly min-maxed, and I can handle all content with ease. Only time I ever truly fear a death is a nasty guardian or uber elder but even then I rarely die. This gear is about 2.6m shaper dps but I could get over 3 easily with some proper min maxing.

Regarding other ascendancies - with the upcoming speed clear meta I plan on sticking with raider, however jugg is a nice option for someone on a lower budget. The accuracy, endurance charges, and ability to wear rare boots is nice. It also lets you kink BF or Reave in your helmet to avoid armor swaps for the super lazy.

One last point - While this build is going to crush 3.3, I would be prepared for it to be dragged out back and shot in 3.4 or soon after. 60% of our DPS comes from our stat stick and they have clearly stated they are going to revisit that mechanic. The good news is we can just swap into an elemental conversion style build with claws on the right side if the tree and use a bloodseeker. You can still get great DPS there without the stat stick.
Last edited by Synercid on May 26, 2018, 8:43:56 AM
Can vouch for this build to experience all content :')

Have never really been into melee builds as I am bow lover at heart. This build changed by views on melee due to its quality of life features like the ever enjoyable slayer leech and speedy af leap slams that help me look past the melee in your face type play style. But i mean 8 stack reave isn't really melee anyway omegalul.

Following the gear breakdown is simple and fun. Would highly recommend investing in an elder belt with % increased life recovery rate as that really tips the leech in your favour.

Switched in a abyssus to see how it would feel. Had to pair it with arctic armour, but the benefits felt pretty dam good. For some reason herald of ash would only give me a 100-200k DPS increase, but abyssus would give my DPS a phat double. Switched out of herald of ash in the end.

Mapping is much quick, and bossing is much fun.

The gear I use for anyone that's curious.

j <3 s
"
Kranor42 wrote:
Hi,

do you think this good be a good league Starter / U-Lab farmer? Maybe with sunder first and then switch when shaper items are on market. I wanna do sth like this :)

I don't recommend this as a league starter as it doesn't really shine until you have some good gear. Better off starting Champion if you want to Reave/BF early on as it carries poor gear.
This was a totally unnecessary experiment but in the name of science it must be tested as the previous poster mentioned it:

Can we fit Abyssus into this build?

The answer: YES! And, it's pretty easy.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/3NyYqYMB

Highlights:

- Slayer/Jugg
- Drop Kaom's roots (due to Jugg) for Rare Resist/Life boots
- Pick up Arctic Armor
- Boots sockets: Arctic Armor, Hatred, Herald of Ash, Enlighten (can get away with lvl 3)
- Abyssus Helm
- Abyssus penalty largely negated with Arctic Armor + 5 endurance charges.

What do we gain? (using my modest 30 ex gear)

- Shaper DPS jumps from around 2.5m to 3m (3.5m if we can get frenzy charges from adds with bloodrage)
- Reave DPS on trash jumps from 1.4m to 2.1m
- Higher DPS (even if way overkill) = More Leech
- Higher Accuracy due to Jugg
- Longer Immortal Call due to endurance charges
- +25 to all atributes

What do we lose?

- HP pool dropped from 6000 to 5400 ish. This is mainly because my boots suck. Expect about a 300 HP drop on average.
- Frenzy charge generation on bosses from Raider
- Perma Onslaught from Raider
- boots/helm resists are a wash

Conclusion:

I only did a handful T15+ maps with this new idea and it's pretty spicy. The damage is completely out of control clearing maps and the risk of dying to trash goes down with more leech. The risk of dying to boss 1 shots does go up though, that's the trade off. Our dps is so high I'm not sure more dps is worth exacerbating our biggest weakness (1 shot deaths). I think my personal preference is to stick with Slayer/Raider and the classic setup simply because I like doing maps at warp speed and we honestly don't need the Abyssus damage, but, it's definitely a viable option. I'll have to test it out more extensively next league. It's an easy swap, just 3x ascendancy points and a few nodes.

If you prefer to play it safer though, I highly recommend going Slayer/Jugg without Abyssus. It's much tankier just a little slower than raider but not as much as you would think.
Last edited by Synercid on May 27, 2018, 9:51:26 PM
Gr8 Build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info