[3.2] Lifting's Lead Sprinkler Berserker - Boss Killer & Fast Mapper!

"
Morkonan wrote:
"
Tyetan1 wrote:
...I just wanted to ask others if they have experienced this and if it improves significantly if i use say a thiefs torment or can get 2 rings which give 38+ lgoh

Thanks in advance

I can't get a BLS (Prices too high on XBox 2+ Ex or higher) so I'm using, for now, an Ornament of the East. It's the only unique I can use with this build that I've got, at the moment. Some cobbled together rares, attention paid to attack speed, leech, plus damage, etc and I face-tank everything. Capped resistances, 3600 or so hitpoints. Just got to 8 and, for the most part, I just stand there and spam Molten Strike with no issues and, if there is, it's because I'm "standing in the fire" so I move a bit and keep spamming MS.

(And, I keep up Ancestral Protector for the attack speed and a bit of taunt to give me breathing room if the situation gets hairy. But, I haven't yet really had an issue except for once with some Red beast that spammed bleed/corrupted blood, had a small army of summoned young with it and then a rogue Exile joined in at the same time. Still powered through it, no problem.)

IOW - It'd doable without a die-fest with comparably crap gear. Cap your resistances, get some leech and +phys and +fire damage. Also, a good belt with +elemental dmg, +phys, +str is nice and not too difficult to get even if you have to alch one from a vendor. (I had to do that and got a decent on one the fourth try or so.)

Note: I was using a nice, for the level, rare sword with all phys damage and the dps was much better than the OoE, if not the leech. I haven't switched back since I got the OoE, but I imagine while I might feel spikey damage from time to time, the kill speed might make up for it a little bit. But, I prefer "not dying." I haven't died yet with this build that I can remember. (Maybe in once, really low-level, to an Abyssal I tried, but that's it.)

Thanks for the reply

I had a look at my gear and it might have been the fact I was holding off upgrading till higher level. That being said, I bought a thiefs torment to test and left all other gear the same and it was amazing the difference it made. So for anyone else wondering, lgoh is amazing with higher amounts gained.

And if you are only running a ornament of the east you will be amazed once you get a BLS on board. My DPS went up by like 2.5 x once I farm the currency to buy one
"
Tyetan1 wrote:
...And if you are only running a ornament of the east you will be amazed once you get a BLS on board. My DPS went up by like 2.5 x once I farm the currency to buy one

I hope to be able to get one. But, the market is crazy on XBox. I've been farming the Farric Guarguantuan for Bestiary recipes, hoping a BLS will pop. But, after five or so, I just gotten crap Scepters. I'm holding on to an Ancient Orb until I get another. I'll try to use one to get a Lycosidae if I can get the precursor. The other will be a last-ditch effort for a BLS if the Bestiary recipe fails or I can't get one to drop in a Map.

But, with the OoE, I face-tank everything so far, standing directly in the "beam" and melee attacks of Solaris/Lunaris with no issues. Fast attack speed, stacked hitpoints/leach/+fire, etc.. No problem. Even when right at the level I should be, I haven't had an issue. (I did die last night due to a rare mob that was too fat to get through a door... So I was trying to "help it" while surrounded by a Harbinger group and some rare beasts beating on me. My fault, entirely, since I wasn't even attacking anything, just trying to get that door open.)

AND, I have the Beast prophecy, so at least I am assured of getting a Belly today. So, I have that going for me, I guess. :)

I haven't gotten the ring, yet. Right now, I'm not feeling any issues. I am a bit overleveled, now, so that's a definite factor. I won't really "know" about true performance issues until I hit the Atlas, which I hope to do by tomorrow.

Still, just a bit of caution for the future - Right now, the market on XBox needs to be considered by any XBox players looking at builds. What the builds say, in regards to PC, regarding costs and availability of items needs to be thoroughly researched, first. Never rely on being able to buy an item, especially if it's a League-only drop. (Which requires lots of people running League-modded maps or turning in card sets.)

PS - I loved playing Lifting's Totem build and will definitely play it in the future, too. But, it doesn't have any serious gear issues in terms of rarity for the basic gear.
"
Morkonan wrote:

So I was trying to "help it" while surrounded by a Harbinger group and some rare beasts beating on me. My fault, entirely, since I wasn't even attacking anything, just trying to get that door open.)

I have since gotten to maps and res capped with just cheap gear and still thief's torment and it 'feels' a lot better. I have worked out most of my problem with dying has been mostly my own fault and the fact that I'm melee build.
I tend to get to aggressive and get surrounded so I've been staying on the edge of the packs and now perfect. And also my main problem has been that I am playing in flashback and the extra mods on the maps can hurt (I'm looking at you beyond mod) as I kill a pack so quick but then like 6 tough beyond creatures spring up from no where and surround me and then it's a made scramble to get out of there.

In a normal league this wouldn't happen so it should be loads better in incursion league
It is impossible to acquire a good elder ring with life gain on hit in Flashbkack so far. Same for Watchers Eye :(
"
Tyetan1 wrote:
...In a normal league this wouldn't happen so it should be loads better in incursion league

Agreed - Flashback League is a bit more deadly.

(Below is on XBox)

I finally got a BLS for 40 Chaos or so. (I got very lucky! That particular BLS had been up for a long time and I had already bid on it twice and been refused. And, my previous bids were for more than that! I think the seller was desperate.) I tried multiple times to get one through the Bestiary recipe with no luck at all. I have a nice collection of leveling-grade scepters..

Getting a Lycosidae is not likely going to be possible unless it drops or you get a >60 Titicus and can craft one up. Getting any of the other items on the market, as you level to maps, won't be likely, either, given the current prices. Prices are heavily inflated not just due to XBox, but due to more opportunities for currency drops in Maps. However, currency drops aren't as plentiful in low maps or in story zones, so rising players don't have that sort of currency generating capability.

For struggling XBoxers-

Ornament of the East can get you to the Atlas. It's the one item that's fairly cheap. (As in still multiple Chaos, but that's cheap on XBox right now and there's still a chance it will drop, since it's so common. Do Bestiary Claw Recipe to get one if you have to.)

Get a good shield with lots of life and +dmg.

Getting a Belly is a plus, but it's not necessary as long as you cap resistances. (You will want it later.)

You have to pay strict attention to your Accuracy if you want to equip a BLS, since it's not likely you'll get a Lycosidae unless you get very lucky or get some great currency drops or something worth selling along the way. Stack some Accuracy if you can and get a +% Accuracy helm once you have enough for that to matter.

But, treat XBox as SSF for right now - If you get lucky and get the chance to buy a needed item on the Marketplace, then you got "lucky."

Run as many Bestiary recipes as you can in hopes of possibly getting the Uniques you need or getting something worth selling.

Farm those Farric Gargaunts for the Scepter recipe. The best places I've found are Desero's Dream, High Gardens and The Vastiri Desert. (Found at least two in each, but still uncommon.) Rinse/repeat as often as possible and farm every Beast you can - You'll want to generate as many chances for any unique worth selling/equipping.

Bestiary Recipes, for low-currency/level players are the best way you can get access to League items that dropped before XBox PoE went live. So, if you want them for Standard, run as many as you can. Some will still drop in properly modded Maps and can be obtained through cards, but those are not as sure as the Bestiary recipes.

Stack leach where you can when using the BLS - You'll miss the nice leech from the OoE.

I'm thinking of trying to duel-wield BLS and OoE... I know it's not optimal, but if I want to get to the mid-level maps with this build, I'll have to use unconventional means on XBox. :)

Any tips or opinions on duel-wielding OoE/BLS if I can get my stats right without a shield? (Yes, I know I'll have to change my Shield Rush setup to something that will work...)
"
Morkonan wrote:

Any tips or opinions on duel-wielding OoE/BLS if I can get my stats right without a shield? (Yes, I know I'll have to change my Shield Rush setup to something that will work...)

I had an exalt drop and bought a lyco with some of it and the "facetank" ability change was MASSIVE. Like someone had changed difficulty from hard to super easy.

Which got me thinking why and realised i had read the reason somewhere. On one of liftings early vids he wrote this "Just note that before getting the Lyco shield I suggest using Resolute Technique and NOT using Elemental Overload." Resolute technique has hits cant be evaded and i think this is key for the lgoh to really shine.

So my recommendation to you is not to use OoE but just use BLS with shield and respec to Resolute technique and use rare shield till you get lyco. Thats what i intend to do in incursion league

As stated above i loved playing this build and i cleared everything with it. now i'm moving onto a new char (i change it every month or so, i'm easily bored xD), and i've got some items i dont need anymore. PM me for infos!

Thanks Lift for this beautful build, first UberElder kill for me with this.
Playing standard

Add me in game
Puccettone
Last edited by telemetric on May 15, 2018, 3:18:46 AM
This build is great! However, I'm afraid BLS will be way more expensive in the next league. Am I right?
"
HolySheeet wrote:
is there any option for wildstrike? I personally dont like it.TY

Don't like WS either. I'm thinking about using FB again. It's one of the best skills in the game for clearing.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
For clear you can just slam an Ancestral Call into molten strike and your clear speed is still really solid. If you can get the spacing trick down it melts bosses also.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info