[3.2] Lifting's Lead Sprinkler Berserker - Boss Killer & Fast Mapper!

"

If i was using a LGOH watcher's eye i think i would've been able to facetank that beeing said facetanking a slam by a buffed minotaur is never a good idea. If you play the mechanics the fights become easy.

Is there any way for you to upload a video of your chieftain gameplay? I'm currently trying to decide between the berserker and chieftain version of this build and I'd like to see the chieftain in action. I'm mainly wondering how much slower the movement is on it without the rage from berserker.
Running a Jugg version, and using 2 socket Tombfist gloves with heavy flat fire to attacks and mace attacks in both sockets. Meginords give 100 Strength so that would be 40-70 (55) flat fire to our weapon, vs an easily possible 100+ flat fire from 2 abyss jewels PLUS free intimidate(10% More Mult) 10% attack speed, and 6% life. Sockets aren't an issue as I no longer need Enduring Cry because Jugg already sustains my Endurance Charges. PoB says my setup will end up at around 550k DPS (melee hit) and vs the 670k of Zerker, and I find that to be totally worth the loss in DPS personally.

Switching Meginords for Tombfist is an amazing DPS bonus for the original Zerker version too. With Tombfist's intimidate, and 2 mediocre Fire to Attacks/Fire to Mace Attacks I'm getting numbers of 800k+ from PoB with Zerker.

I have to agree with the growing group of people who rolled this build as a juggernaut. I originally did the full berserker build, but re-rolled my ascendancy to juggernaut. No way I would go back after experiencing both.

Only question now is whether I should run blood-seeker main hand for the instant leech. It is a 10k tool-tip dps trade-off, but I feel way tankier with the partial instant leech. I also move faster with whirling blades, than with leap slam.

Also running increased aoe and ancestral call for clearing and switching to fire pen and concentrated effect for bossing, no problem deleting entire big packs (including rares) in one swing. Wild strike just felt so clunky, especially since I always had to switch to molten strike to kill rares anyway.

Going to try two socket tombfist as suggested above since I am already running light poacher with +3 enchant as well as Bubonic Trail murder boots.
Hi, can someone check my char and tell me what changes should I make first?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Marianitus/characters/CmonChangoLightMyFire

I want to know what is worth to spend currency first
Last edited by Marianitus on Mar 28, 2018, 1:31:15 AM
Hi there,i tried atziri(the lvl 70 one) and got one-shot 4 times, is that ok by level 76 or it will be the same at higher level?
"
NoRiskNoGain wrote:
Hi there,i tried atziri(the lvl 70 one) and got one-shot 4 times, is that ok by level 76 or it will be the same at higher level?

You know her mechanics and dont Hit the mirror ones neither Stand in the flameblasts right?
"
It seems like there is a lot of debating whether or not the jugg can be a viable alternative. Let me try and explain why I don't think it is the optimal choice based on the goal of this character. I chose the berserker because I was interested in getting the fastest ascendancy with the highest damage output.

The reason I didn't pick the jugg is because I find it inefficient. Sure it is tankier (much so in fact) than the berserker, but it also provides significantly less damage, not to mention the increased area of effect via Unyielding is detrimental to the overall single target damage. However even if you were to spend those 2 points differently I still don't consider it very efficient.

If we compare the two same setups with the same gear except that the Jugg is dual wielding the lead sprinkler then the jugg ends up around 415k dps per magma ball and a 93% hit chance at level 93. Compared to the berserker who ends up around 676k DPS this is a 261k DPS LOSS and with about 1 APS less.

Now to be fair you would probably try and get a bit more flat accuracy on the Jugg to scale more attack speed. The problem is that with this type of build you already trying to get life, strength, res, ele. damage, attack speed etc. meaning that if we were to realistically get some good accuracy rolls it would come at the cost of some already useful damage rolls.
And to be honest, even if you were to get a bit more accuracy, then it still wouldn't come close to the damage of the berserker.

Also, dual wielding the Lead Sprinkler for what effectively only grants you 15% inc. attack speed (dual wielding bonus) is in no way worth it to in my opinion. Your best choice is to stick to the Lyco shield (which once again detracts from the value of the Jugg) or get a great rare shield - but lets be honest, how much do you really benefit then? Dual wielding Lead Sprinklers is also going to prevent you from using Shield charge. Whirling Blades doesn't work either as you are using maces, not swords, daggers or claws. This would result in huge clear speed loss, not to mention the ability to apply fortify reliably.

It is true that the Jugg is tankier and it will still provide enough DPS for effectively killing Shaper etc, not to mention it would be a great uber lab farmer and if that is what you prefer then go for it, but in that case I find the chieftain to be just as good of an alternative, if not better.

I hope that helps answer the question as to why I don't believe the jugg is optimal for this setup.

I'll add this answer to the guide section as it seems to be a question that is asked a lot =)

I don't understand why everyone is saying Champion has less damage than the Berserker.

On PoB with the same tree (1 more point used than yours) and same gear I am getting almost 800k damage.

You guys can check it if you want:

https://pastebin.com/JgmPETta

Am I missing something?
"
FRAKTUREZ wrote:
"
NoRiskNoGain wrote:

You know her mechanics and dont Hit the mirror ones neither Stand in the flameblasts right?

Yeah man, im telling that im getting one shot when she throws a fire-spear I'm not talking about the mechanics Im not that stupid to stay in a flameblast xD

Im wondering if that's ok getting one-shot with 5.7k life Level 76, that's my doubt.
"
"
It seems like there is a lot of debating whether or not the jugg can be a viable alternative. Let me try and explain why I don't think it is the optimal choice based on the goal of this character. I chose the berserker because I was interested in getting the fastest ascendancy with the highest damage output.

The reason I didn't pick the jugg is because I find it inefficient. Sure it is tankier (much so in fact) than the berserker, but it also provides significantly less damage, not to mention the increased area of effect via Unyielding is detrimental to the overall single target damage. However even if you were to spend those 2 points differently I still don't consider it very efficient.

If we compare the two same setups with the same gear except that the Jugg is dual wielding the lead sprinkler then the jugg ends up around 415k dps per magma ball and a 93% hit chance at level 93. Compared to the berserker who ends up around 676k DPS this is a 261k DPS LOSS and with about 1 APS less.

Now to be fair you would probably try and get a bit more flat accuracy on the Jugg to scale more attack speed. The problem is that with this type of build you already trying to get life, strength, res, ele. damage, attack speed etc. meaning that if we were to realistically get some good accuracy rolls it would come at the cost of some already useful damage rolls.
And to be honest, even if you were to get a bit more accuracy, then it still wouldn't come close to the damage of the berserker.

Also, dual wielding the Lead Sprinkler for what effectively only grants you 15% inc. attack speed (dual wielding bonus) is in no way worth it to in my opinion. Your best choice is to stick to the Lyco shield (which once again detracts from the value of the Jugg) or get a great rare shield - but lets be honest, how much do you really benefit then? Dual wielding Lead Sprinklers is also going to prevent you from using Shield charge. Whirling Blades doesn't work either as you are using maces, not swords, daggers or claws. This would result in huge clear speed loss, not to mention the ability to apply fortify reliably.

It is true that the Jugg is tankier and it will still provide enough DPS for effectively killing Shaper etc, not to mention it would be a great uber lab farmer and if that is what you prefer then go for it, but in that case I find the chieftain to be just as good of an alternative, if not better.

I hope that helps answer the question as to why I don't believe the jugg is optimal for this setup.

I'll add this answer to the guide section as it seems to be a question that is asked a lot =)

I don't understand why everyone is saying Champion has less damage than the Berserker.

On PoB with the same tree (1 more point used than yours) and same gear I am getting almost 800k damage.

You guys can check it if you want:

https://pastebin.com/JgmPETta

Am I missing something?

Second this. Got similar results testing it myself. Higher damage, I even picked up Iron Reflexes. I can use a Lioneye's shield, and get over 8k life, 13.7k armour. I must be missing something as well? Champ damage definitely seems higher. PoB says it's even higher if you sacrifice a shield and dual wield BLS.
Still levelling Zerker up but have some currency to spend when get to 70. Assuming you have the everything else, what is upgrade priority, 6 link Belly, Xophs, the jewel, or the +3 molten strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info