[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

Thoughts on Indigon + Lavianga ?
"
Magisch wrote:
"
groar wrote:
"
destle wrote:
This is an amazing build (no). I died 75 times bypassing the bosses. God save the author!

I'm doing deathless Uber Elders, so I guess you are the problem.

You're using 40 ex of OP gear. What do you expect?

"I clear maps really fast with this so you must be the problem. Yeah I have a headhunter, what of it?"

The guy I wrote that answer to cried about dying 75 times during mapping.

Obviously my gear is worth a lot of Ex so I can do uber Elder easier, but you don't need 1/50 of that gear to easly farm maps. When you are playing totem build you don't rush in 1st (especially since this build doesn't utilise movement skill+fortify). You always put totem 1st and wait for arc to trigger, then just follow the beam ;p It's really nice when you reach 10x chain mark then you can follow your Arc for 1-2 screens.

"
stephenp1983 wrote:

Trying to figure out where I can improve my DPS. Only 87 now, and my gems are maxed but your doing around 300k to 400k more dps. Differences I see in the tree shouldnt matter as Ill get hte last crit nodes in the left corner soon. Adding a single shimmeron doesnt seem to make a huge difference vs the scepre I'm using. Only thing left is your gem setup using empower and minion/totem gem.... Any advice on you think I could see the most improvement would be appreciated. Character is swparct

Hey. 1st of all your Clear Mind jewel doesn't work since you reserve mana with Wrath aura, you need to have your aura in Essence Worm, or if you wish to keep your Mark of the shaper combo get rid of Clear Mind coz it doesnt work.
Wise Oak +11% dps, Boots enchant +8%, Lightning Pen Watcher's Eye +11% (the one you have gives around 7%), Shimmeron +13% dps (13% over your weapon).
Soul mantle corruption + Empower setup gives around 15% dps, It also gives +1 Chain since you get to lvl 26 Arc which helps with clearing maps.

Like any other Hack 'n' Slash - 5% here 3% there and you suddenly deal double dmg ;p
Last edited by groar on Jun 24, 2018, 11:36:24 PM
Hello,

I've been following the guidance of this build and have having difficulties with it.
T13-14 maps are doable at a reasonably comfortable level but anything higher than that, I get 1 shotted (I know movement is the key defence here, but when temporal chains keeps popping up (even when i have a curse immune flask) i just get caught out with the bagillion projectiles spewed around. Dont even get me started on Maze of the Minotaur...impossible (for me).

However the 'squishy' nature of this build is not what i am having difficulties with it is the DPS...just not getting it higher - This then allows for the curses to crop up faster because the totems die because they dont deal enough damage.

I am level 91 and have only 25kDPS/totem (with 6x power charges approx 45kDPS/totem). People are quoting 100kDPS/totem, but even with a 2nd shimmeron, that wont boost my DPS to 100kDPS. Shimmeron for me only gave me 5k more.

Please may someone scrutinise my build to see what I have done wrong, cant for the life of me figure out what. Many thanks in advance.

Passive Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAQHBFEEswVCBx4I9AmqDdEOSBEPES0RlhZAFm8WvxvIHNwdFB2DHwIgbiL0JKomlSoLKhMsnDBbMtE2PTbFNuk6FjpYQZZEoUVHRZ1JT0lRTLNQMFNSVUtVxlhtWOVaK13yXl1fKmHiYqxjQ2QzZJ1mnmhaaPJqQ2wLbIxtGXBSfIN-r3_Gg9uD84UyhX2GgonTi4yMNo0ZjmSPGo9Gj_qTJ5Uuly2a4J2qogCnCKc0p5Ssl64SrrO2-ryqvOrAZsCawJzP3dD10f3ZX9n8217djOAS42rjhOvk6-7r9fAf8NXxivId96b53frS?accountName=Mentalmike&characterName=SparkMeArc
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Hello,

I've been following the guidance of this build and have having difficulties with it.
T13-14 maps are doable at a reasonably comfortable level but anything higher than that, I get 1 shotted (I know movement is the key defence here, but when temporal chains keeps popping up (even when i have a curse immune flask) i just get caught out with the bagillion projectiles spewed around. Dont even get me started on Maze of the Minotaur...impossible (for me).

However the 'squishy' nature of this build is not what i am having difficulties with it is the DPS...just not getting it higher - This then allows for the curses to crop up faster because the totems die because they dont deal enough damage.

I am level 91 and have only 25kDPS/totem (with 6x power charges approx 45kDPS/totem). People are quoting 100kDPS/totem, but even with a 2nd shimmeron, that wont boost my DPS to 100kDPS. Shimmeron for me only gave me 5k more.

Please may someone scrutinise my build to see what I have done wrong, cant for the life of me figure out what. Many thanks in advance.

Passive Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAQHBFEEswVCBx4I9AmqDdEOSBEPES0RlhZAFm8WvxvIHNwdFB2DHwIgbiL0JKomlSoLKhMsnDBbMtE2PTbFNuk6FjpYQZZEoUVHRZ1JT0lRTLNQMFNSVUtVxlhtWOVaK13yXl1fKmHiYqxjQ2QzZJ1mnmhaaPJqQ2wLbIxtGXBSfIN-r3_Gg9uD84UyhX2GgonTi4yMNo0ZjmSPGo9Gj_qTJ5Uuly2a4J2qogCnCKc0p5Ssl64SrrO2-ryqvOrAZsCawJzP3dD10f3ZX9n8217djOAS42rjhOvk6-7r9fAf8NXxivId96b53frS?accountName=Mentalmike&characterName=SparkMeArc

2 things I noticed from your tree. You're not taking the crit multi nodes in the Shaman's Dominion cluster the way the build recommends. And also, you don't have Ancestral Bond? Not sure if this was something you were just messing around with or if you actually don't have it, but that's a whole extra totem worth of damage.

Also, try to reroll your diamond flask to the "gain charges when you crit" type. It will probably give you more uptime than increased duration.

And not sure if you knew this already and are just using it for the other stats, but your belt. The "increased elemental damage with attacks" doesn't work for spells so. If you have high enough masters, you should take that mod off the belt and roll something more useful.
Was I misunderstood that Shimmeron wasn't proc'd by Totems? But I seem to be getting shit on alot by it.

Also done Uber elder x2 :D But both times died right as he did due to no potions and was on last portal, so no loot:(
Last edited by lecujh on Jun 26, 2018, 5:41:27 AM
"
ootawn wrote:
Was I misunderstood that Shimmeron wasn't proc'd by Totems? But I seem to be getting shit on alot by it.

Also done Uber elder x2 :D But both times died right as he did due to no potions and was on last portal, so no loot:(

Make sure you're not using any attacks. Just because your attacks don't do damage, doesn't mean they won't crit and trigger Shimmeron. You're using Orb of Storms I take it, for Curse on Hit? That's why the build recommends self-cast cursing to avoid this.
Last edited by bridgeburner on Jun 25, 2018, 1:16:46 PM
"
groar wrote:

My gear atm:

Coward's Legacy let's you use Pain Attunement in the tree for free 30% MORE dmg, also check Life and Mana Flasks, they are instant on low life which you are always on thanks to the belt, coupled with Soul of Ryslatha that's instant full life every time you use Life flask.
One more profit - you can use Lori's Lantern for some defences/speed. Not sure if it's worth loosing a ring slot but with nice corruption it also gives enough dps to keep it.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/Em1VVpdi

800k Shaper dps/totem *5 Totems

1mil dps if you swap ele focus to Power Charge on critical and activate shock in config (you can't shock shaper with this dmg but you can shock everything else)

1 more advice: Get self cast Vaal Arc + Increased Duration for that sweet 7 sec Lucky buff.
Yes it will trigger even with Ancestral Bond.
Yes it will also trigger Shimmeron's degen but it won't get through your regen so you won't even notice it.

brilliant idea I immediately implemented though playing glacial cascade totems not arc.
was always playing 2x kikazaru setup (with hatred takin 50% of mana and leaving me on like 1200 mana pool), got to really high tier dps, but almost always died at least once from hydra/minotaur, and at least 1-2 times from uber elder.
now hydra/minotaur no problem, on my way to next uber elder, but i have a good feeling.

what i want to add: the dps and life which is lost from using reflection, can be regained through elder essence worm

given your resists can suffer 10% loss and you got like 15ex for one ring and 2ex for another, you easily get like over 100% increased spell lightning damage

:)
Last edited by RushBone on Jun 25, 2018, 1:53:45 PM
"
RushBone wrote:
"
groar wrote:

My gear atm:

Coward's Legacy let's you use Pain Attunement in the tree for free 30% MORE dmg, also check Life and Mana Flasks, they are instant on low life which you are always on thanks to the belt, coupled with Soul of Ryslatha that's instant full life every time you use Life flask.
One more profit - you can use Lori's Lantern for some defences/speed. Not sure if it's worth loosing a ring slot but with nice corruption it also gives enough dps to keep it.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/Em1VVpdi

800k Shaper dps/totem *5 Totems

1mil dps if you swap ele focus to Power Charge on critical and activate shock in config (you can't shock shaper with this dmg but you can shock everything else)

1 more advice: Get self cast Vaal Arc + Increased Duration for that sweet 7 sec Lucky buff.
Yes it will trigger even with Ancestral Bond.
Yes it will also trigger Shimmeron's degen but it won't get through your regen so you won't even notice it.

brilliant idea I immediately implemented though playing glacial cascade totems not arc.
was always playing 2x kikazaru setup (with hatred takin 50% of mana and leaving me on like 1200 mana pool), got to really high tier dps, but almost always died at least once from hydra/minotaur, and at least 1-2 times from uber elder.
now hydra/minotaur no problem, on my way to next uber elder, but i have a good feeling.

what i want to add: the dps and life which is lost from using reflection, can be regained through elder essence worm

given your resists can suffer 10% loss and you got like 15ex for one ring and 2ex for another, you easily get like over 100% increased spell lightning damage

:)

I can't wait to get home and plug in pob and check my dps. Also I think I got super lucky and bought 800 chance and scour and I got my elder essence :) was a nice boost. Interested to see dps with gem changes and will be grabbing some insta flasks next haha.

Anyone know how empower plays out without a corrupted mantle?
Last edited by RushingService on Jun 25, 2018, 3:23:18 PM
"

I can't wait to get home and plug in pob and check my dps. Also I think I got super lucky and bought 800 chance and scour and I got my elder essence :) was a nice boost. Interested to see dps with gem changes and will be grabbing some insta flasks next haha.

Anyone know how empower plays out without a corrupted mantle?

died at uber elder now 4 times before i done him...
maybe dual wield and higher dps with reserved mana and Kikazarus is rather my thing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info