[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Gegemo wrote:

With Soul Mantle is mandatory an "Ample/Chemist's Diamond Flask of Warding". You have anti curses flask on silver but you can use it just close to 2 times. With ample or chemist's on a diamond you will be able to use it close to 3 times (3 if you get a perfect Ample prefix).

If you are capped with resists and you are satisfied with your life you can focus on:
- Enchant boot
- Better weapon and shield (crit multi, faster casting, spell damage, flat lightning)
- 6L

Tried to roll my diamond flask. Went through about 50 alterations, didn't hit it. Checking trades and even a low rolled Ample/Chemist ~ of Warding is upwards to 8c. That's kinda crazy.
What's better Moonsorrow or Divinarius?

And what stats to look for on weapon? Spell damage, crit chance what else?
Appreciate any response.
"
lecujh wrote:
What's better Moonsorrow or Divinarius?

And what stats to look for on weapon? Spell damage, crit chance what else?
Appreciate any response.

See what Gegemo responded to my question about better gear several posts above. While it was contextual to my specific gear, it seems to also apply to your question about better stats on weapons. Here's the relevant snippet if you don't feel like scrolling back one page.

Spoiler
"
Gegemo wrote:

If you are capped with resists and you are satisfied with your life you can focus on:
- Enchant boot
- Better weapon and shield (crit multi, faster casting, spell damage, flat lightning)
- 6L
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
"
Sethion wrote:

Have you seen OP's gear? this is a perfect starter build. Shimmerons is really, really not needed at all.

Yup, and he used two Simmerons in 3.2! The perfect starter build is AW. You just need facebreakers which are really really cheap and then you can kill Shaper with trash gear. Flawless. That's it. Period.

Both Shimerion and essence worm are not mechanical needed by this build - they only give more damage. [...] Any wand / mace will do it - random wand -> kill atziri a few times -> get even better one -> farm elder for shimerion.

The same with essence worm - using this
will give you even more damage on bosses for the price of casting a level 1 fire / ice spell every now and then.

So this build is possible even in SSF because Simmerons are farmable as end game goal.

I repleced the simmerion in his POB with 2 Doryanis, and removed the helmet enchant as the most uncommon parts. Still 260k DPS per totem - should be enough for farming yellow elder.

You are far beyond yellow elder.

My final build in 3.2 had 2x Shimmeron (good rols!), 6L Soul Mantle, ARC enchantment and balanced rares/jewels. TOTAL Shaper DPS from PoB: 150k per totem (5) (with 6 power charges, vaal haste, flasks, conductivity, arcane surge).

In 3.3 if you use random weapons/shield (3c?) + Tabula Rasa (15c?), no ARC enchanment, balanced rares (5c?). TOTAL Shaper DPS from PoB: 145k per totem (4) (with same power up as mentioned above).

With 150k Shaper DPS I was able to kill everything in the game except Uber Elder (wasn't able to summon it). And I'm far from have a perfect game play.
So I made a GC totems last league, was able to do deathless Uber Elder many times and it was a great boss farmer.

Decided to do an Arc Totems this league instead!

I'm trying sort of a slightly different version at the moment.

So far, with 5k hp / 2k mana and 40% MoM it feels kinda of squishy. Also using Wands is fucking terrible honestly. 99% of the time I play with bright break so it's not miserable.

Was able to do Uber Elder with 2 deaths. But only tried it once so far, at level 85.

Considering a shaper sceptre, with ele pen + spell dmg + crit chance + lit spell damage. Prob not as good dps as a Shimmie but much better gameplay overall.

I like using the Harbinger helm, because it gives me life, res and the Harbinger of Storms apply shock, something I can't do with my totems because of Elemental Focus gem. Seems to work good so far.

Clear speed feels pretty bad but that's kind of normal with most totems builds i've played anyway.
Bossing seems ok, nothing special but when adds are spawned in boss fights it feels pretty underwhelming. Mostly because of the reduced damage when arc chains. Something that does not affect GC Totems for example.

Not being able to shatter is probably my biggest issue with the build.

Overall I think the build is ok tho.

Gear:

Spoiler

Jewels currently are:

Self Flagelation
Double Wrath Watchers Eye
Clear Mind

If anyone has some suggestions, I would very much appreciate it.
Hello,

I'm at lvl81 and powerful enough but boss dps is lacking and I will occasionally get deleted by strong packs. I have a lot of upgrades still to come, but curious where I should prioritize.

Current Gear
Spoiler

Would 100 chaos improve my setup quite a bit, or would I be better off pushing through as is? If the former, how should I prioritize the spend? Essence Worm? Better weapons?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
Spoiler
"
BuDiu wrote:
So I made a GC totems last league, was able to do deathless Uber Elder many times and it was a great boss farmer.

So far, with 5k hp / 2k mana and 40% MoM it feels kinda of squishy. Also using Wands is fucking terrible honestly. 99% of the time I play with bright break so it's not miserable.

Was able to do Uber Elder with 2 deaths. But only tried it once so far, at level 85.

Considering a shaper sceptre, with ele pen + spell dmg + crit chance + lit spell damage. Prob not as good dps as a Shimmie but much better gameplay overall.

I like using the Harbinger helm, because it gives me life, res and the Harbinger of Storms apply shock, something I can't do with my totems because of Elemental Focus gem. Seems to work good so far.

Clear speed feels pretty bad but that's kind of normal with most totems builds i've played anyway.
Bossing seems ok, nothing special but when adds are spawned in boss fights it feels pretty underwhelming. Mostly because of the reduced damage when arc chains. Something that does not affect GC Totems for example.

Gear:

Spoiler

Jewels currently are:

Self Flagelation
Clear Mind

Your gear is insane, I will never understand how people make so much money. That shield alone is like 50ex. geez
"
missingcipher wrote:
Spoiler
"
BuDiu wrote:

Gear:

Spoiler

Jewels currently are:

Self Flagelation
Clear Mind

Your gear is insane, I will never understand how people make so much money. That shield alone is like 50ex. geez

Actually the prophecy cost me like 18 ex a few days ago lol. It shot up in price recently.

So has anyone considered using Coward's Legacy belt for the "count as low life" and picking up Pain Attunement for the extra 30% MORE spell damage? (if you're using the Soul Mantle / Atziri's reflection combo?)

Oh id like to add, I made a Reave/BF character as my league starter, and one of the first item I crafted was a tripple t1 stack stick with t1 fire t1 cold and t1 as random element rolls. The 3 mod rare sceptre sold for 60 ex. Probably the best start of a league ive ever had in my life lol
Last edited by BuDiu on Jun 14, 2018, 3:29:46 PM
Would anyone mind taking a look at my gear and tree to see what would be a good next step for upgrading my gear or build?
I managed to get my hand on a Atziri's Reflection quite early on and took this build as far as I could. I have to say this build is very enjoyable to start the league with and definitely can be very strong with the right investments. So far I've defeated all contents in the game including Uber Elder. Very respectable clear speed for mapping. Really good Uber Lab carry as well, full party almost effortless.

Here's the gears which I consider should be on the top end of this build:

Why Omeyocan you might ask? This boots gives free onslaught for that sweet 20% increased cast speed and movement speed. The 2% regen enchant is a must to be able to manage the 7% mana degen. Since I already invest in a lot of mana regen I still can keep my mana regen on a good level (~650 mana/s with Arcane Surge, so it's about 450 net mana regen). My mana still regen faster than life and it's the bar I'd like to keep. A rare boots with res and 120 lightning damage or 10% pen enchant is good alternative but they can't beat the extra movement speed and cast speed from onslaught.

Here's a Uber Elder video. I've done it couple of times before and it went much better but this is the only video I recorded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fifx-_MItwI

---
I would like to thank Gegemo for creating this thread. It has guided me well for my first spell totem build.
Last edited by gigarez on Jun 14, 2018, 10:48:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info