[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

Downed shaper and guardians + red elder and guardians EASILY on a 5 link soul mantle and 2 divinarius daggers, thats all u need :-) cant be bothered pushing for uber elder but im confident i can do it if that helps anyone. TLDR You dont need shimmerons, arc enchant etc unless u want to maximize of course.
"
lightdarkness wrote:
i didnt see a life flask in the build ?
my guess is catalyzed hybrid of staunching. is there anything better ?

edit: nvm i was looking at 3.2 gear for some reason

yeah I use an hybrid flask because I will end with a not perfect life/mana ratio. This will cause me to be out of mana when I get an heavy hit.
No mana to summon totem = death on many occasions.

In the end hybrid give me a better EHP (life and mana) regen than a life flask but you should consider that you will constantly use mana to summon totem so it's not that clear if it's the best choice in any cases.

In the end it's a matter of preference (like many other aspects of the build).

"
Alkhmyr wrote:
Hello,
Im enjoying a lot this build, thank you for all the effort putted in :)
Actually, i have two Moonsorrow and im wondering if i should keep an eye on wands i see on the floor or if i should stay with my actual weapons until i drop/buy shimmerons. Can you enlighten me about that ?
Thanks a lot

I still identify wand/dagger/scepter from the ground (level 75+). If you find something better it will not give you an extreme boost in comparison to moonsorrow.

If you trust your luck and don't mind to pick items, do it.
If you like speedy run, skip them all. Moonsorrow is good enough.

"
Downed shaper and guardians + red elder and guardians EASILY on a 5 link soul mantle and 2 divinarius daggers, thats all u need :-) cant be bothered pushing for uber elder but im confident i can do it if that helps anyone. TLDR You dont need shimmerons, arc enchant etc unless u want to maximize of course.

Thank you for your report. Can't stress this enough. I agree 100%!
As stated in first page, in 3.2 my final build (capable of Shaper, Guardians, Elder, Uber Atziri) had a 150k total DPS per totem.
In 3.3 you will achieve this level of DPS with a 5L soul mantle (or rare 6L but with 4 totems) and without weapons!
ARC will carry you everywhere with anything.
I would be further into maps than I am, but for some reason I only get specific maps to drop...

For instance, I have like 20 Vault maps, but can't get any other T9 map that I've completed to drop to save my life... Same with Orchard and T10 maps...

It seems like I have a single map in each of the yellow tier (T6-10) that has a HUGE increase to drop percentage...

Yes, I am aware that it's not actually weighted towards specific maps... but still...
Hi there guys!

Well, first things first, I would like to tell some of you that this one isn't a starter. Unfortunately, the Shimmerons cost too much and the prices are still skyrocketing. Secondly, I'm sick of SM. This chest reminds me of some sorta lap dance when you can sit but you can't touch. I mean SM gives us an opportunity to kill everything with it's fifth totem but ruins the whole thing by the freaking "Inflicts a random Level 20 Curse on you when your Totems die" affix. Flasks? No, thanks! Switched to 6L 114 maxlife Vaal Regalia with 63 total res on board and feel myself muuuch better. Had problems with Atziri during her split phase. Dunno if I could handle it fighting the uber one...

Nevertheless, I would like to say that this build is fun to play. Really. Especially in comparison with AW.

OP, cheers! :)

Is one of the best flasks for us if you can afford one.

Those whining about Soul Mantle, try using kikarazu rings. You will have to cap your resists with the rest of the gear and have lower hp, but you can be lazy and pretty much ignore curses.
Last edited by ntpphong on Jun 13, 2018, 2:12:49 PM
I got my ass handed to me by T15 elder in the last phase where he pulses (from what I understand on basic research) unavoidable damage while also hitting me with petrifying arc and while I can survive that combo once, maybe twice if I'm lucky, I'm not getting enough flask charges to maintain my life pool. I feel like I have the damage capability with only 1 shimmeron, but I don't understand how people are surviving that. I have 4.6k HP, 450 ES, 1.7k mana, 78% to all resists with a Loreweave instead of soul mantle, curses are just too annoying and I don't feel like damage is the issue. My arc in game tooltip damage is 140k with flasks and 6 power charges. I purchased two new healing potions to try and maintain but it just doesn't seem to be working.

This is my first league attempting bosses, so it could be mechanics based, but T10 elder was manageable without reading a guide. Looking for advice on what to change on gear or possibly what I'm doing wrong in the fight. It was honestly pretty disheartening.
"
Slerch wrote:
I got my ass handed to me by T15 elder in the last phase where he pulses (from what I understand on basic research) unavoidable damage while also hitting me with petrifying arc and while I can survive that combo once, maybe twice if I'm lucky, I'm not getting enough flask charges to maintain my life pool. I feel like I have the damage capability with only 1 shimmeron, but I don't understand how people are surviving that. I have 4.6k HP, 450 ES, 1.7k mana, 78% to all resists with a Loreweave instead of soul mantle, curses are just too annoying and I don't feel like damage is the issue. My arc in game tooltip damage is 140k with flasks and 6 power charges. I purchased two new healing potions to try and maintain but it just doesn't seem to be working.

This is my first league attempting bosses, so it could be mechanics based, but T10 elder was manageable without reading a guide. Looking for advice on what to change on gear or possibly what I'm doing wrong in the fight. It was honestly pretty disheartening.

That sounds like really low dps for a red elder fight. Can you make your characters public? I'd like to take a look at it and see if anything jumps out at me.
I dual-wield Void Batteries, they are a cheaper alternative to Shimmeron for now. I got a shimmeron on my first elder and sold it. I believe that the price will come down later in the league, once more people are completing higher level content.
Many thanks for the build! First time i got to red maps easily and still enjoying it.
However, got a question to ask about my current char. I’ve played with 5l soul mantle up to t11-12. Damage is ok even with hammer and shield for fast movement. Switching to one shimmeron i have for elder. But elder and his minions wreck me. I die 3-4 times per Elder spawn on t12 map. I wonder if there is a way to dramatically increase survivability and be more tanky. In particular use some other armor / other defensive things I don’t know solve it. Woul be grateful for any recommendations on my char. Got around 5ex to invest more.
Char link - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Triapka/characters?characterName=bromzomzom
Last edited by Triapka1 on Jun 13, 2018, 5:12:23 PM
"
Hi there guys!

Well, first things first, I would like to tell some of you that this one isn't a starter. Unfortunately, the Shimmerons cost too much and the prices are still skyrocketing. Secondly, I'm sick of SM. [...]

Nevertheless, I would like to say that this build is fun to play. Really. Especially in comparison with AW.

OP, cheers! :)

Have you seen OP's gear? this is a perfect starter build. Shimmerons is really, really not needed at all.

Regarding soul mantle.. if you don't wanna build around it, of course its gonna suck..
You need to follow OP's advice with flask rolling, roll with the less curse duration rings or invest in Atziri's reflection.

"
Triapka1 wrote:
Many thanks for the build! [...] I die 3-4 times per Elder spawn on t12 map. [...]

What is killing you? My first elder i had issues because i would time my curse flask wrong and get absolutely destroyed. Curses are very dangerous.

Try roll a secondary curse flask, it helped a bit for me until i got the hang of it. I've even dropped a lot of HP nodes since then.
Last edited by Sethion on Jun 13, 2018, 6:03:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info