[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

I am newb and confused

why do we want global critical strike multiplier and global critical strike chance stats if we cannot critical strike because of Controlled Destruction Support Gem?
"
GGTeMpLaR wrote:
I am newb and confused

why do we want global critical strike multiplier and global critical strike chance stats if we cannot critical strike because of Controlled Destruction Support Gem?

so like its the difference between increased and less in the wording

there is also base crit chance that is usually atributed to the weapon or spell itself. you can increase the base (usually the most valuable one) from certain items. Hatred watchers eye, elder chest i think, gloves corruption etc.

Last edited by BuDiu on Jun 14, 2018, 7:22:18 PM
"
BuDiu wrote:

Gear:

Spoiler

Jewels currently are:

Self Flagelation
Double Wrath Watchers Eye
Clear Mind

If anyone has some suggestions, I would very much appreciate it.

Where is your coward's legacy and pain attunement? HH is fine for mapping i guess, but for the tooltip warriors out there.. lol
PoB is telling me that 1 shimmeron + 1 void battery is pretty much the same dps as 2 shimmerons (sometimes more if the void battery is good)

However, 2 void batteries is significantly less dps
"
Sethion wrote:
"
BuDiu wrote:

Gear:

Spoiler

Jewels currently are:

Self Flagelation
Double Wrath Watchers Eye
Clear Mind

If anyone has some suggestions, I would very much appreciate it.

Where is your coward's legacy and pain attunement? HH is fine for mapping i guess, but for the tooltip warriors out there.. lol

oh yea HH is for mapping =] otherwise totem builds is too slow to play.
A question on life/mana balance to maximize ehp: since we have 40% MoM the ratio in guide seems a bit skewed towards life, which will result in no mana. I'm experiencing same issues with my 4400 life, 2200 mana. Calculator says i need 700 more mana to work properly.
Am i missing something or ehp could be risen by lowering life and investing a bit more in mana?
Last edited by Triapka on Jun 15, 2018, 8:12:29 AM
"
Triapka wrote:
A question on life/mana balance to maximize ehp: since we have 40% MoM the ratio in guide seems a bit skewed towards life, which will result in no mana. I'm experiencing same issues with my 4400 life, 2200 mana. Calculator says i need 700 more mana to work properly.
Am i missing something or ehp could be risen by lowering life and investing a bit more in mana?

Yeah, if you can, investing in more mana is a good thing. I didn't just because I tend to buy cheap rare items (30c max but usually 10c).

With 40% MoM this is the perfect ratio:
life / 1.5 = mana

You should consider that a 6L Soul Mantle totem cost ~200 mana and we cast pretty often. If possibile I will add 200/400 mana to the perfect ratio.

P.S.: I'm using an hybrid flask not because I run out of mana while casting (the build doen't need any mana flask) but because when I get hit heavly I usually end OOM (or dead, but in this case there is nothing I can do) and hybrid flask help me to recover the mana needed to cast a totem and usually save me.
"
stalewee wrote:
PoB is telling me that 1 shimmeron + 1 void battery is pretty much the same dps as 2 shimmerons (sometimes more if the void battery is good)

Yeah, this build was born with Shimmeron in mind because of best DPS and because was cheap (~20c). You can replace one with a Void Battery (or both) if you feel to spend that much.

Consider that I'm running level 10 maps and just done yellow elder with my current gear (5L rare and 1c weapons).
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
Triapka wrote:

Yeah, if you can, investing in more mana is a good thing. I didn't just because I tend to buy cheap rare items (30c max but usually 10c).

With 40% MoM this is the perfect ratio:
life / 1.5 = mana

You should consider that a 6L Soul Mantle totem cost ~200 mana and we cast pretty often. If possibile I will add 200/400 mana to the perfect ratio.

P.S.: I'm using an hybrid flask not because I run out of mana while casting (the build doen't need any mana flask) but because when I get hit heavly I usually end OOM (or dead, but in this case there is nothing I can do) and hybrid flask help me to recover the mana needed to cast a totem and usually save me.

Gegemo, thank you for prompt reply!
Hybrid flask usage is clear, i'm using hybrid flask as well.
Regarding mana, i'm currently considering an option of adding Healthy mind jewel in 3rd jewel slot (once i hit lvl 91). You can regulate easily the amount on lafe-mana trade off with it depending on the placement spot, thus not changing the gear. In my case it suits well in the right area on tree providing 600 mana in exchange for 350 life, which result in ehp increase overall.
I feel it's worth focusing on sustainablity more since damage with 6l soul mantle and one shimmeron is already high.
However, movement speed is an issue for me resulting in mediocre map clearing speed. Do you see any options to boost it somehow? I'm currently just using flask and phase run (skipped vaal haste as then there is too many buttons to push with anti-curse flask).
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
stalewee wrote:

Yeah, this build was born with Shimmeron in mind because of best DPS and because was cheap (~20c). You can replace one with a Void Battery (or both) if you feel to spend that much.

Consider that I'm running level 10 maps and just done yellow elder with my current gear (5L rare and 1c weapons).

I'm on a 5l, pretty much decent gear, nothing special. 0 shimmerons and have killed 2 guardians with little effort. I farm T13+ all day long and the only deaths are me derping and going too fast and running into a middle of a pack before the totems fire off. I'm using a pretty great rare wand I found and s moonsorrow.

The build is very strong with high damage. Shimmeron x2, 6l etc just help the dps more but even in crap gear it still handles fine. I can't say that about almost any build out there. Most builds i'm lucky to do red maps comfy outside of 4+ex in gear. Everything i'm using thusfar is what I have personally found outside of my rings. Ironically 2 hours after I bought my essence worm I found one so I made that investment back.
Last edited by coaa on Jun 15, 2018, 9:04:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info