[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Triapka wrote:
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
Triapka wrote:
A question on life/mana balance to maximize ehp: since we have 40% MoM the ratio in guide seems a bit skewed towards life, which will result in no mana. I'm experiencing same issues with my 4400 life, 2200 mana. Calculator says i need 700 more mana to work properly.
Am i missing something or ehp could be risen by lowering life and investing a bit more in mana?

Yeah, if you can, investing in more mana is a good thing. I didn't just because I tend to buy cheap rare items (30c max but usually 10c).

With 40% MoM this is the perfect ratio:
life / 1.5 = mana

You should consider that a 6L Soul Mantle totem cost ~200 mana and we cast pretty often. If possibile I will add 200/400 mana to the perfect ratio.

P.S.: I'm using an hybrid flask not because I run out of mana while casting (the build doen't need any mana flask) but because when I get hit heavly I usually end OOM (or dead, but in this case there is nothing I can do) and hybrid flask help me to recover the mana needed to cast a totem and usually save me.

Gegemo, thank you for prompt reply!
Hybrid flask usage is clear, i'm using hybrid flask as well.
Regarding mana, i'm currently considering an option of adding Healthy mind jewel in 3rd jewel slot (once i hit lvl 91). You can regulate easily the amount on lafe-mana trade off with it depending on the placement spot, thus not changing the gear. In my case it suits well in the right area on tree providing 600 mana in exchange for 350 life, which result in ehp increase overall.
I feel it's worth focusing on sustainablity more since damage with 6l soul mantle and one shimmeron is already high.
However, movement speed is an issue for me resulting in mediocre map clearing speed. Do you see any options to boost it somehow? I'm currently just using flask and phase run (skipped vaal haste as then there is too many buttons to push with anti-curse flask).

Totem builds are just slow generally speaking. The biggest issue is having to put down 1-6 totems and then they still have a preset delay before they can attack, regardless of your cast speed. This will just make totems far less efficient and fast compared to any self attack/cast build.

But if you want to improve things... my #1 recomendation is Brightbeak + shield charge. You get fortify and you get around really fast. The damage loss is negligible if your gear is good. (assuming you're using a shield like i do)

Another option is Omeyocan boots. They offer decent movement speed and onslaugh. Effectively 50% movement speed boots but it has it's dawbacks (mana degen, no life, no immunity to freeze + stun + slow effects compared to Kaoms Roots)

Another expensive but by far my favorite option is HeadHunter. Throw beyond zana mod on maps and go to POUND TOWN.

Last edited by BuDiu on Jun 15, 2018, 9:10:53 AM
For movement speed this is my personal current fav for MAPPING not exactly for bosses.

Get elder boots with 30 movespeed and 5% movespeed if you haven't been hit recently. Enchant uber enchant with 10% movespeed if you haven't been hit recently. We shouldn't be getting hit if you're playing correct.

Those boost alone are +45% movespeed and super cheap. If you start throwing in life and res, it'll get very expensive but you can try and essence craft chance them yourself.

Throw in quicksilver and silver flask and you'll be zooming around very quickly. I like to roll my silver flasks so I can get 2 uses out of them, quicksilver with curse removal and any other combo to get 3 uses out of it.

I still have to run uber to get the 10% movespeed on my mapping boots but it's a very good combo with 0 drawbacks as other options have. You're pretty much 5 movespeed below the seven league steps.
"
BuDiu wrote:
"
Triapka wrote:

Totem builds are just slow generally speaking. The biggest issue is having to put down 1-6 totems and then they still have a preset delay before they can attack, regardless of your cast speed. This will just make totems far less efficient and fast compared to any self attack/cast build.

But if you want to improve things... my #1 recomendation is Brightbeak + shield charge. You get fortify and you get around really fast. The damage loss is negligible if your gear is good. (assuming you're using a shield like i do)

Another option is Omeyocan boots. They offer decent movement speed and onslaugh. Effectively 50% movement speed boots but it has it's dawbacks (mana degen, no life, no immunity to freeze + stun + slow effects compared to Kaoms Roots)

Another expensive but by far my favorite option is HeadHunter. Throw beyond zana mod on maps and go to POUND TOWN.

Brightbeak is fine, I'm still wearing some nice rare shield. I've been using brightbeak a couple of days ago before i got shimmeron and 6-linked soul mantle. I felt that damage is just not enough with it. And also its effectiveness depends a lot on map layout: if there are many small objects, that's a pain :)
I've tried to put Omeyocan in pob, but even with arcane surge buff i'm hardly covering that degen debuff. I like this option most tbh, but changing all my stuff to roll mana regen doesn't seem an option to me. Is there any quick hack for mana regen?
HH is out of discussion, for sure it's great in many aspects, just not my league probably :D
"
coaa wrote:
For movement speed this is my personal current fav for MAPPING not exactly for bosses.

Get elder boots with 30 movespeed and 5% movespeed if you haven't been hit recently. Enchant uber enchant with 10% movespeed if you haven't been hit recently. We shouldn't be getting hit if you're playing correct.

Those boost alone are +45% movespeed and super cheap. If you start throwing in life and res, it'll get very expensive but you can try and essence craft chance them yourself.

Throw in quicksilver and silver flask and you'll be zooming around very quickly. I like to roll my silver flasks so I can get 2 uses out of them, quicksilver with curse removal and any other combo to get 3 uses out of it.

I still have to run uber to get the 10% movespeed on my mapping boots but it's a very good combo with 0 drawbacks as other options have. You're pretty much 5 movespeed below the seven league steps.

To be fair, it will be extremely hard to craft 30% ms + 5% elder ms + other good mods. Even harder/more annoying to get the correct enchant. Uniques are just the way to go with how easy it is to buy one's with the proper enchant.

You're far better off getting a pair of Omeyocans, they have 20% increased mana + 50% movement speed + 20% cast and attack speed, 30% lighting resist.. It should be pretty easy to offset the 7% mana degen on it.

But a rare shaper / elder boots still has the biggest drawback of them all. No freeze + chill / stun / slow immunity from Koams Roots. I personally would not use anything other than Koams Roots in any of the many totem builds I've made over the years.

"
Triapka wrote:
"
BuDiu wrote:
"
Triapka wrote:

Brightbeak is fine, I'm still wearing some nice rare shield. I've been using brightbeak a couple of days ago before i got shimmeron and 6-linked soul mantle. I felt that damage is just not enough with it. And also its effectiveness depends a lot on map layout: if there are many small objects, that's a pain :)
I've tried to put Omeyocan in pob, but even with arcane surge buff i'm hardly covering that degen debuff. I like this option most tbh, but changing all my stuff to roll mana regen doesn't seem an option to me. Is there any quick hack for mana regen?
HH is out of discussion, for sure it's great in many aspects, just not my league probably :D

Well if you're looking to speed farm. You should choose maps that are good for your build. I just sell maps with really bad layouts that are not good for my specific setup and use the currency to buy the maps that are efficient for my setup.

You might wanna consider a rare sceptre instead of brightbeak. That way you can still shield charge pretty fast, just not AS FAST.

Here is an example:

For "uber" bosses, two Shmimmies or Shimmie + Atziri Reflection are the way to go obviously. (The only times I equip my shimmie is for Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, maybe some guardians if the mods are really heavy.

The ultimate goal is HH + Brightbeak. But HH is not something people can often afford early in the league unless you're a very experienced player/trader and play the economy game a lot.
Last edited by BuDiu on Jun 15, 2018, 9:45:16 AM
"
BuDiu wrote:
"
coaa wrote:

To be fair, it will be extremely hard to craft 30% ms + 5% elder ms + other good mods. Even harder/more annoying to get the correct enchant. Uniques are just the way to go with how easy it is to buy one's with the proper enchant.

You're far better off getting a pair of Omeyocans, they have 20% increased mana + 50% movement speed + 20% cast and attack speed, 30% lighting resist.. It should be pretty easy to offset the 7% mana degen on it.

But a rare shaper / elder boots still has the biggest drawback of them all. No freeze + chill / stun / slow immunity from Koams Roots. I personally would not use anything other than Koams Roots in any of the many totem builds I've made over the years.

I get what you're saying, but I just did the old back and forth shaper / elder trick in red maps until I got boots with 25%+ and the elder 5% to drop. Luckily mine were 60+ life, some res, 30ms + 5% but it didn't take that long if you keep alternating the same map with influence like all the vault farmers did a few leagues ago.

As far as kaoms - to each their own. I simply CANNOT lose ANY links with the current build. The quicksilver curse remove flask nullifies half of what you listed and 1 other flask rolled with freeze immune clears the list of bad stuff to avoid. Yes if you do get slowed by stuff then it's a different story but we shouldn't be in the middle of mobs as totems and if we are, use your movement ability to get out.

Kaoms is def the safest option if you don't want to rely on flasks. I just feel its super redundant with how our chest works and us 100% NEEDING a curse removal flask. The only maps I skip are no regen because it's just not worth the headache of swapping flasks for me. Anything else I just go because our setup can easily deal with it.
"
coaa wrote:
"
BuDiu wrote:
"
coaa wrote:

I get what you're saying, but I just did the old back and forth shaper / elder trick in red maps until I got boots with 25%+ and the elder 5% to drop. Luckily mine were 60+ life, some res, 30ms + 5% but it didn't take that long if you keep alternating the same map with influence like all the vault farmers did a few leagues ago.

As far as kaoms - to each their own. I simply CANNOT lose ANY links with the current build. The quicksilver curse remove flask nullifies half of what you listed and 1 other flask rolled with freeze immune clears the list of bad stuff to avoid. Yes if you do get slowed by stuff then it's a different story but we shouldn't be in the middle of mobs as totems and if we are, use your movement ability to get out.

Kaoms is def the safest option if you don't want to rely on flasks. I just feel its super redundant with how our chest works and us 100% NEEDING a curse removal flask. The only maps I skip are no regen because it's just not worth the headache of swapping flasks for me. Anything else I just go because our setup can easily deal with it.

bold: if you play PoE "hoping" to get a specific shaper/elder rare item to drop with the apropriated mods, you are basically just playing against the dealer with incredibly low odds. You could easily go an entire league farming for that and never find it. I wouldn't even consider that a viable "strat". Better off selling the surplus and buying something that is already on the market.

im not sure what you're current links are... but i feel fine without an extra 4 link.

Wep 1:
Vaal haste / Searing bond / inc duration

Wep 2 or shield:
shield charge / fast attacks / fortify or Flame dash / faster casting / culling strike.

Helm:
CWDT / Golem / immortal call / enfeeble.

Gloves:
Curse + Arcane Surge + inc duration + inc area of effect or swift affliction

Armor:
Arc gems

Only swap you need is Purity of Ice for Uber Elder. Also Koams Roots is pretty much mandatory for Uber Elder if you want to do a deathless run. Get hit by 1 ball = dead due to stun making you get hit by the next 2 balls. Also freeze immunity flask is just not as reliable during longer encounters. I prefer using a cold resist flask with movement speed and increased duration for Uber Elder.

I like being able to use Quicksilver of Adrenaline. Thats an easy 30% move speed you're missing there alone.

Of course, things will vary with the different setups out there. Using a shield for example, allows you to use Rumis flask, for some sweet block + armor to add some much needed phys reduction.

Using Atziri's reflection will basically allow you to ignore curse immunity flask. It's a very endgame setup but by far the best IMO. Sadly they recently skyrocketed in price. Those who were able to get them for 1/3 of the price earlier in the league lucked out.

I can't think of any other gems I'd feel are "mandatory". CWDT Phase Run is pretty useless since you lose it immediately after casting a totem or a movement skill ability, something you are likely doing after a big hit anyway.

I also avoid Lightning Warp like it's the plague. RUN FOREST RUN

Last edited by BuDiu on Jun 15, 2018, 10:26:17 AM
Personally I like to use movement instead of constant shield charge/whirling blade.

For my gameplay the speed I have is enough:
- 30% ms boot
- 20% Devoto's Devotion
- 20%+ Quicksilver of Adrenaline
- Silver flask (not always up because of limited charges)

If I need to track back I use a self cast Phase Run.
Last edited by Gegemo on Jun 15, 2018, 5:29:38 PM
Hey guyz n girls!
Build is ok, I`m playing arc totems too. Sometimes checking here some findings in comments.
Have some side one:

If you wanna have some fun - just switch your ARC gem to STORM BURST gem on your mantle.
Some laugh guaranteed!
I had one.
Just was curious whats that is..
Dropped 17q but its not selling.
Its actually useless on maps but if you go A9 foothills and test it there and also add gmp there..

....ooooh! ;)

___
This thread just asks some good laugh, all so serious here optimizing and optimizing..
Its ok to play, lets fun, games for dat, u know ))
Last edited by DarkJen on Jun 15, 2018, 6:50:43 PM
How fast does this build kill end game bosses?

Also is it good for HC play?

How about clearing incurrions and breaches?

Ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info