The new loot boxes are actually scamming us, and GGG doesn't even care.

I bought some boxes, got a chest armour, didnt get any portals or capes. My guild leader bought 3 and linked what he got in chat, he got the other body armour, no portals or capes.

why would u think its weighted towards portals and capes? We didnt think it was weighted away from them despite not getting them, because its rng and we have sense.
In before "you are not allowed to demand rng to get 1 particular piece after 45lootboxes"

In my opinion it is rigged for maximum profit. It cant be otherwise. GGG cant just make rng to give people more important pieces from lootboxes because that directly damages their wanted profits.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Why is it that people who complain about loot boxes always seem to be the ones who buy them?

Well, there's a stumper...

But actually this thread implies that you're wrong, a number of people indicate they don't like even the idea of loot boxes and are not pleased that they're in the game: I class this as complaining but there's no indication that these people have bought them.

The people who complain about the contents of loot boxes - yes, I'll wager you're right and they probably are the ones who have forked out...
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Didn't you know? The house always wins.

And I'm not talking about Hugh Laurie.

The following items were rewarded from 100 boxes I've bought:

3 - Innocence Wings
3 - Sin Wings
3 - Innocence Cloak
2 - Sin Cloak
3 - Innocence Body Armour
2 - Sin Body Armour
4 - Innocence Boots
1 - Sin Boots
3 - Innocence Character Effect
2 - Sin Character Effect
2 - Innocence Footprints
6 - Sin Footprints
1 - Innocence Gloves
3 - Sin Gloves
4 - Innocence Laurel Attachment
4 - Sin Talon Attachment
2 - Innocence Helmet
3 - Sin Helmet
4 - Innocence Sword Pet
4 - Sin Sword Pet
4 - Innocence Cherub Pet
2 - Sin Cherub Pet
1 - Innocence Portal Effect
1 - Sin Portal Effect
5 - Innocence Lightning Warp
3 - Sin Leap Slam
4 - Innocence Herald
1 - Sin Herald
1 - Innocence Weapon Effect
1 - Sin Weapon Effect
2 - Innocence Sword Skin
0 - Sin Sword Skin
3 - Innocence Symbol Decoration
3 - Sin Symbol Decoration
1 - Oriath Citizen Decoration
3 - Oriath Corpse Decoration
6 - Sin Cathedral Decoration
0 - Innocence Cathedral Decoration

Including combinations where applicable and excluding duplicates, it comes to a total of:
8760 point value from a 3000 point investment, equal to a discount of 66% on the original store price.

Fun fact:
If combinations were not possible, again excluding all duplicates, it would be a total of:
6300 point value from a 3000 point investment, equal to a discount of 52% on the original store price.

As you can see, there's plenty of wings and body armours.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
135$ in boxes.

That are almost 3 complete armour sets.

You should set yourself a limit when you give up and wait for the sets to be released later this year.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
When you buy gamble boxes you know what you're getting into. That disqualifies it as a scam.
"
TundrazaL wrote:
This page clearly makes it seem like each rare item has an equal chance of dropping and each uncommon rarity item has a equal chance of dropping. This is clearly not the case, you are likely to get 5 capes and 5 portals before ever getting wings or chestplates. This is downright DECEPTIVE...

Naaa that's basically MATH ... That's how probability works mate. Just because you got X item doesn't make Y item acquisition chance any different. Both X and Y (being of the same tier) still has the same chance as it did on on round 1.

Sorry
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Mar 20, 2018, 4:59:00 PM
It's not really a scam if you can't control yourself hell I've bought countless boxes do I blame myself or GGG?

Temptation?

Naw it's my fault obviously.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Honestly if your buying those cancer boxes you deserve to be scammed, everyone that buys a gacha box in ANY f2p game is contributing to the rape of that game. They are the sleeziest feature in any cash shop and they all lead to one thing, Perfect World Entertainment, Neverwinter or Archeage incoming next, enjoy.

Honestly cannot think of one word which could be changed to make this post more perfect. Well said!
"
Xavathos wrote:

The following items were rewarded from 100 boxes I've bought:

3 - Innocence Wings
3 - Sin Wings
3 - Innocence Cloak
2 - Sin Cloak
3 - Innocence Body Armour
2 - Sin Body Armour
4 - Innocence Boots
1 - Sin Boots
3 - Innocence Character Effect
2 - Sin Character Effect
2 - Innocence Footprints
6 - Sin Footprints
1 - Innocence Gloves
3 - Sin Gloves
4 - Innocence Laurel Attachment
4 - Sin Talon Attachment
2 - Innocence Helmet
3 - Sin Helmet
4 - Innocence Sword Pet
4 - Sin Sword Pet
4 - Innocence Cherub Pet
2 - Sin Cherub Pet
1 - Innocence Portal Effect
1 - Sin Portal Effect
5 - Innocence Lightning Warp
3 - Sin Leap Slam
4 - Innocence Herald
1 - Sin Herald
1 - Innocence Weapon Effect
1 - Sin Weapon Effect
2 - Innocence Sword Skin
0 - Sin Sword Skin
3 - Innocence Symbol Decoration
3 - Sin Symbol Decoration
1 - Oriath Citizen Decoration
3 - Oriath Corpse Decoration
6 - Sin Cathedral Decoration
0 - Innocence Cathedral Decoration

This is also a classic example of what people who are loaded with cash really don´t know what else they should use their money on.
Or as it is also called for. Classic example if what insane is, and can result in you not having food on your table for the next 10 days is.

The morale of it all, is... Use your head before you buy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info