The new loot boxes are actually scamming us, and GGG doesn't even care.

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Jarnhand wrote:
Jokes aside, loot boxes is the cancer of gaming these days. Hopefully something is brewing, and this practice need to change...

This!

The whole loot box system is just wrong. In every game. It's a fishy way of making money, appealing to addiction and gambling. I have a friend in the guild, feeling a bit on the low side after purchasing way to many boxes. Directly his fault, of course, but a victim of the system nonetheless.

I played with the idea of someone mailing GGG to tell them;

"I have an addiction and gamble too much on loot boxes, could you please block me from buying more?

You think they would do that?

maybe, but I don't think they should.

Man up and overcome your weakness. . .
Unanswered question from the announcement thread:

"
This relates to the question I was about to ask.

It is nice to see some odds disclosed but the information is missing some detail. Is there only one die roll (1-20 = specific rare, 21-55 = specific uncommon, etc) or are there two die rolls (1-20 = roll on rare table)?

If it is the second method, are the odds for each piece in each rarity tier the same or are those also weighted to increase the rarity of, say, the wings?

Yes, GGG posting the odds of each tier of item dropping is a good thing. However, that information might not be as transparent as we want it to be.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
Why is it that people who complain about loot boxes always seem to be the ones who buy them?
"
TundrazaL wrote:
First of all, they are so blatantly weighted outside of by rarity. Your chances of getting a portal or cape is so MUCH higher than winning a chest plate or wings. This is not conveyed AT ALL by their announcement page;

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2096700

This page clearly makes it seem like each rare item has an equal chance of dropping and each uncommon rarity item has a equal chance of dropping. This is clearly not the case, you are likely to get 5 capes and 5 portals before ever getting wings or chestplates. This is downright DECEPTIVE...

And ok maybe GGG doesn't give a dam about scamming their loyal customers fine. But, after emailing them about this i witnessed some of the most BS customer service in gaming history... They told me I couldn't get a refund on the boxes FINE, but all I wanted was THREE extra points to get one last box, and they straight up told me NO. After spending buying 45 boxes from them;

"Unfortunately we're unable to process manual payments as our system doesn't allow it I'm afraid. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause"

I'm sorry, but this made me feel a little bit betrayed and taken advantage of. How is it that Riot Games has no problem handing out up to 50 points for skins, but GGG can't do THREE for a loyal customer that probably will get NOTHING anyway?!?!

"But, why would you want another box if you know they are a scam?" W/E I could talk about how my life sucks and digital pixels are the only thing that make me happy, but I won't. I just want to ask, does GGG actually not care about how much money people spend on their fraudulent products? I am sorely disappointed and will (Hopefully) think twice before throwing away my money to GGG.

THE OP:
complaining about RNG. . .check

Making wild accusations. . . check

doesn't even bother to post anecdotal evidence. . .check

regrets purchase because desired outcome was not achieved. . .check

Me an intellectual:

waits till items are put into store. . .check.
"
thawn4444 wrote:

Oh, you're one of those... No need to discuss any further.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
thawn4444 wrote:

Oh, you're one of those... No need to discuss any further.

something about teaching a man to fish or some sot. . .

. . .I am sorry you're not strong enough to overcome your own personal failings.
Last edited by thawn4444 on Mar 20, 2018, 9:55:27 AM
I subpoenaed the loot boxes but they did not show up in court. My lawyer says they are in contempt and as soon as we can find them, they will be locked up. Those loot boxes will not get away with their scamming.

Semantic jokes aside, I would have more of a problem with this if (1) I actually gave a shit about loot boxes, but more importantly, (2) the game was full price with microtransactions stacked on top of that.

The full box price + loot boxes/DLC/microtransactions is where the true problem lies.

The complaint against PoE is more buyers remorse than anything else.
"
thawn4444 wrote:
. . .I am sorry you're not strong enough to overcome your own personal failings.

Don't be sorry about things you do not understand. I'm sure you can't help it.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
OP. You may have a gambling problem. Seek help before it ruins your life and you lose everything.
It is too much to expect that an average intelligent young person understands that lootboxes are gambling? In a videogame that is all about RNG in an age where these lootboxes are everywhere? It's not like this is a new thing.

Don't gamble if you can't afford to loose! Especially in this case, when even if you win you win just bytes and pixels, not real money, lol. Personally I think gambling boxes are bullshit and I buy just one or two of them per season, usually when GGG puts them on offer 2x1.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 20, 2018, 12:11:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info