The new loot boxes are actually scamming us, and GGG doesn't even care.

First of all, they are so blatantly weighted outside of by rarity. Your chances of getting a portal or cape is so MUCH higher than winning a chest plate or wings. This is not conveyed AT ALL by their announcement page;

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2096700

This page clearly makes it seem like each rare item has an equal chance of dropping and each uncommon rarity item has a equal chance of dropping. This is clearly not the case, you are likely to get 5 capes and 5 portals before ever getting wings or chestplates. This is downright DECEPTIVE...

And ok maybe GGG doesn't give a dam about scamming their loyal customers fine. But, after emailing them about this i witnessed some of the most BS customer service in gaming history... They told me I couldn't get a refund on the boxes FINE, but all I wanted was THREE extra points to get one last box, and they straight up told me NO. After spending buying 45 boxes from them;

"Unfortunately we're unable to process manual payments as our system doesn't allow it I'm afraid. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause"

I'm sorry, but this made me feel a little bit betrayed and taken advantage of. How is it that Riot Games has no problem handing out up to 50 points for skins, but GGG can't do THREE for a loyal customer that probably will get NOTHING anyway?!?!

"But, why would you want another box if you know they are a scam?" W/E I could talk about how my life sucks and digital pixels are the only thing that make me happy, but I won't. I just want to ask, does GGG actually not care about how much money people spend on their fraudulent products? I am sorely disappointed and will (Hopefully) think twice before throwing away my money to GGG.
Last edited by TundrazaL on Mar 19, 2018, 10:11:53 PM
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2018, 1:50:59 PM
I need receipts.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Honestly if your buying those cancer boxes you deserve to be scammed, everyone that buys a gacha box in ANY f2p game is contributing to the rape of that game. They are the sleeziest feature in any cash shop and they all lead to one thing, Perfect World Entertainment, Neverwinter or Archeage incoming next, enjoy.
If you can buy the items directly, you have no reason to complain. You see, there are games that force you to gamble if you actually want certain items.
Yep, totally over league play.
Can you actually say that these boxes are just scams? I mean. Really?
Who´s the decider to actually go and BUY these boxes if they want to? Isn´t it us, the players?

If a player of path of Exile decides to go and buy 35 of these surprise boxes, isn´t that, THAT players own choice to actually do so? You know certainly well up front the chances of getting the items you WANT and WHAT you CAN get. You DO know perfectly well WHAT you are buying here, up front.

There is no one who says: Yep, if you buy X amounts of these boxes you are certain to get a full set of blablabla specific items.

No, seriously. If you are going to buy these kind of boxes you are way better off just buying something like 2-5 boxes, open them and quite simply be just happy with whatever you managed to actually get, and be done with it.

And if you do go buy 75 boxes of surprises like this, I suggest you just get ready to BE surprised. Good luck. Who can you truly blame it on?!
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
If you can buy the items directly, you have no reason to complain. You see, there are games that force you to gamble if you actually want certain items.

What does any of this have to do GGG presenting skewed lootbox ratios (false advertising)(possibly Illegal) and then giving shitty customer service when called out on it???
"
Kundarin wrote:
If a player of path of Exile decides to go and buy 35 of these surprise boxes, isn´t that, THAT players own choice to actually do so? You know certainly well up front the chances of getting the items you WANT and WHAT you CAN get. You DO know perfectly well WHAT you are buying here, up front.

THAT'S THE THING! There is a high chance that I actually didn't know because, GGG advertised that the microtransactions within each rarity were equally likely to drop. I'm saying that is most certainly a lie. Many people are getting many capes and portals before see ONE wing or chest. In which case NO its not my fault for thinking these boxes would be more fair than they actually are, Its GGG for false advertisement and deception. The terrible customer service is just icing on the shit sundae. Understand?
Last edited by TundrazaL on Mar 19, 2018, 11:03:23 PM
I feel lucky. Grabbed a handful. Got a chest (and boots to complete it). Honestly the portals look pretty cool I wouldn't be upset getting one. Wings are so overhyped at this point I wish GGG would just give them a rest. Same with capes. Such a dumb thing to covet.
Deliver pain exquisite
1. Because there are companies that restrict virtual items to gamble boxes exclusively.

2. I mean, this is a game where rng is everywhere, it shouldn't be surprising that rng in a gambling box isn't so hot.
Yep, totally over league play.
But then you also certainly know that you can, and the chances are you can get something like Body Armour AND Wings even by buying only 5 Boxes. And equally you can buy 40 boxes and get absolutely NADA of Wings and Body Armour.

That is exactly WHAT Mystery boxes are. And have always been, for that matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info