Playing PoE without buying is impossible these days

"
"
k1rage wrote:
"

Be a decent company? I know.

GGG prided themselves on being a quality free-to-play game with a respectable business model. Fast-fordward a few years and there are tabs required to handle the influx of items. They even joined the loot box party.

decent company is one that maximizes profits

they are doing just that, would be fool hardy not to

Like those pharmaceutical companies that maximize profits? You're logic isn't working.

They are making a game where stash space is 100% needed to have an enjoyable experience past Act 10. Full stop. They are charging you for that. It's shady, greedy, and is getting more exposure off-GGG reddit and site for being p2w madness they tried so hard not to be.

You're just showing your age. You see, there was a time where you couldn't even play a game without buying it. Then there was a time where you might be able to try it in the store at a kiosk.

Even then PC games never had that luxury - but at least we got to start with shareware. I'd guess you've never even heard of real pay to win games, otherwise you'd be a lot more appreciative to see a game that actually executes the free to play model well, instead of trying to rely on subscribers by placing the majority of content behind the paywall.

For a game that relies heavily on mtx, its nice to see that the aesthetics for purchase aren't simply recolored skins for previously popular skins. My last game did that... you know they're reaching when its the 7th mount of that type, just maybe a different color.....

EDIT - In D2 we had one stash page like space. You can get by on 4 - most of use just can appreciate the option of not having to.
Yep, totally over league play.
Last edited by SeCKSEgai on Mar 19, 2018, 5:39:09 PM
"
SudianX wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

Some of you guys, act like its the SoE Starwars Combat Upgrade. I was there for that. When your game dynamic completely changes to attempt to be another game and does it poorly, then I'd feel your anger justified.

Off topic question:

Spoiler
I only played Star Wars Galaxies after the combat upgrade. What was it like before that? What was so different about it?

On topic:
I only have 4 tabs. It is very much not enjoyable. For those who suggest using another free account for muling: I have. I have made 3 accounts so far. I have not attempted to transfer items from one account to another since there is no in-game mail system... but this will only be a problem if I find something valuable worth transferring. I've been playing since open beta and I still have not found anything worth moving around.

I believe POE is not pay-to-win, but more of a pay-to-play. I would probably feel differently if I tried to trade.

more like pay to enjoy, you can play without paying
I dont see any any key!
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

You're just showing your age. You see, there was a time where you couldn't even play a game without buying it. Then there was a time where you might be able to try it in the store at a kiosk.

Even then PC games never had that luxury - but at least we got to start with shareware. I'd guess you've never even heard of real pay to win games, otherwise you'd be a lot more appreciative to see a game that actually executes the free to play model well, instead of trying to rely on subscribers by placing the majority of content behind the paywall.

For a game that relies heavily on mtx, its nice to see that the aesthetics for purchase aren't simply recolored skins for previously popular skins. My last game did that... you know they're reaching when its the 7th mount of that type, just maybe a different color.....

EDIT - In D2 we had one stash page like space. You can get by on 4 - most of use just can appreciate the option of not having to.

What does my age have to do with any of the criticisms I have put forth? Nothing. Discuss better.

The criticism is at this game, not those. Do better.

Diablo 2 is another game. Do better. Don't emulate shit problems from there.
"
"
20 bucks doesn't sound too bad now does it?

For a free-to-play game, yes.

Plus, it's not just $20.00.

Here is a person willingly missing your points.

Why bother?
Game is free to play, not exactly free to enjoy the full content.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
IIPheXII wrote:

this guy gets it

I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
IIPheXII wrote:

this guy gets it

Then you don't actually understand how much a hinderance not having tabs is.
"
"
k1rage wrote:
"
IIPheXII wrote:

this guy gets it

I played this game for years without extra tabs.....
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
"
k1rage wrote:

this guy gets it

I played this game for years without extra tabs.....

Do it now.

Also, saying, "I did it for years" is a meaningless point. You're anecdotally trying to tell people it's not an issue. It's a terrible argument.
its not an issue because people can just buy the tabs again consult the picture

thats the business model

without tabs= pain the the ass

with tabs = not a pain in the ass

thats how they motivate you to spend money
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info