Playing PoE without buying is impossible these days

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
I started poe to decide whether or not to buy SC2 or D3. I could have bought both now with what I've invested.

Here's the thing - I could very well have gotten on with just the 4 starter tabs - in D2 we had no choice but to resort to mule characters. But when it came down to it I really liked most of their business model, because the entire game can be experienced without spending anything other than time.

The reason I chose to invest into the game was convenience and time. I hate throwing relatively useful stuff away, and the extra space allows me more time to trade it off or come to terms with trashing it.

If I hadn't bought space, I would basically be ignoring all but the most profitable items and be stuck hocking wares in trade chat and the forums.

We may not have an ah, but for those of us who came from D2, having a means to sell that didn't involve complex forum posts on a third party site was a nice step in the right direction.

They will never know the struggle.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
I started poe to decide whether or not to buy SC2 or D3. I could have bought both now with what I've invested.

Here's the thing - I could very well have gotten on with just the 4 starter tabs - in D2 we had no choice but to resort to mule characters. But when it came down to it I really liked most of their business model, because the entire game can be experienced without spending anything other than time.

The reason I chose to invest into the game was convenience and time. I hate throwing relatively useful stuff away, and the extra space allows me more time to trade it off or come to terms with trashing it.

If I hadn't bought space, I would basically be ignoring all but the most profitable items and be stuck hocking wares in trade chat and the forums.

We may not have an ah, but for those of us who came from D2, having a means to sell that didn't involve complex forum posts on a third party site was a nice step in the right direction.

Edit - I really have to add - for at least some of us who remember the days of shareware, it can be fairly annoying to see complaints against games that provide full content free of charge. People should be grateful they get to decide how much they want to pay instead of complaining about having to pay at all - a service has to make money to stay in service. Even free games have to generate revenue or they cease to be run.

Yes, but GGG isn't struggling now. They made their money and then some. Been here for a LONG time. No maps drop, no way to enjoy your creation. So fuck GGG.
"
99Pitbull99 wrote:

Yes, but GGG isn't struggling now. They made their money and then some. Been here for a LONG time. No maps drop, no way to enjoy your creation. So fuck GGG.

You know, you also have a dev team that ACTUALLY communicates with the community. The last MMO I came from invited a select portion of us onto their PTS to give them feedback. They just ignored the feedback and the game suffered as a result, even having a mass exodus.

I get that people are discouraged by some drop rates - and while late, I have seen better drop rates since the beastiary release. They may not be where I'd like them, but at least they're paying attention and making an effort to improve things.

Some of you guys, act like its the SoE Starwars Combat Upgrade. I was there for that. When your game dynamic completely changes to attempt to be another game and does it poorly, then I'd feel your anger justified.

Here in PoE, it seems like some people who know their game revolves around repeating the same content over and over do nothing but get upset regardless.

If Poe kept going with abyss - complaints for a new league.

If Poe made just a regular standard type league for a fresh economy - complaints for no new content.

If Poe brought back a popular league (cough legacy) complaints of no new content and extra currency to lug around.

When you've been playing the same thing for several years, you're bound to be more ornery. But please, learn to appreciate games where the dev team actually makes an effort to improve the game WHILE listening to the community.
Yep, totally over league play.
I will when they start listening.

LET FUCKING MAPS DROP. PERIOD.

* If I ever log in again, pvp me....Will one shot you, hell, my totem could probably one shot you. Just want to enjoy playing. Cannot do that in sub-par maps. 478k, goes up well over a million with charges. NOT FUN PLAYING T9 maps and below. IT IS NOT.
Last edited by 99Pitbull99 on Mar 19, 2018, 5:01:29 PM
It's kinda dumb they haven't given at least a few extra tabs, or everybody gets a free premium tab. One extra wouldn't hurt, and they'd still sell a lot of their special tabs
"
99Pitbull99 wrote:
I will when they start listening.

World doesn't revolve around you millennial.

Every post you've posted on here is bunch of rage because the game isn't what "you" want.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
free should be 8 now with all the extras

kind of undermines their business model...
I dont see any any key!
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
It's kinda dumb they haven't given at least a few extra tabs, or everybody gets a free premium tab. One extra wouldn't hurt, and they'd still sell a lot of their special tabs

* How greed works. They got their money, now they want more. Why be reasonable when you can get even more rich by being more greedy. New to life?
Last edited by 99Pitbull99 on Mar 19, 2018, 5:04:46 PM
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

They still make money off supporter packs, loot boxes, and cosmetics. Stash space and specialty tabs to hold maps, cards, currencies, etc are 100% needed to invest any time into this game. It's just greed at this point.

Oh well, got folks calling people millenials and "get paid more" or "they don't know the struggle". Official game forums were never a place to hold these conversations because the underbelly resides here.
"
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

They still make money off supporter packs, loot boxes, and cosmetics. Stash space and specialty tabs to hold maps, cards, currencies, etc are 100% needed to invest any time into this game. It's just greed at this point.

Oh well, got folks calling people millenials and "get paid more" or "they don't know the struggle". Official game forums were never a place to hold these conversations because the underbelly resides here.

well yeah but why cut off a revenue stream when you dont have too, tabs are a huge source of cash precisely because the game is a pain without them. Im not sure whats so hard to understand... wait I know pictures will help!

I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info